Can anyone express a logical reason to dislike Hacker News without mentioning or scapegoating "the Jews"?

Can anyone express a logical reason to dislike Hacker News without mentioning or scapegoating "the Jews"?

Other urls found in this thread:

n-gate.com/
danluu.com/hn-comments/
n-gate.com/hackernews/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the Jews

the whole thing just feels "reddit-y" to me. It's probably the layout.

I really only go there (HN, I don't goto reddit) to find some interesting news article. Comments are even more autismal than Sup Forums if you can believe that

there used to be a lot of good discussion on there, the format of the site itself is still perfect. the content has gone into 'culture wars' territory too many times it's just getting old. I want a place away from all that shit.

Culture war is the main negative for HN, Reddit, and Sup Forums. I don't care about SJWs or white supremacists. I don't want to read about that bullshit anywhere but it always creeps in.

yeah. It seems like each year the list of places i can go to just have a topical conversation that doesn't escalate into vying for special interests gets smaller. I'm in the "i just don't care about other people's business" camp and the fact I can't interface with other people in a meaningful way without 'culture wars' becoming involved (even over simple comments that might even be purely technical) is turning me into a recluse

>Comments are even more autismal than Sup Forums if you can believe that
except that they actually discuss technology and not 100% consumer shit, like Sup Forums and its gaymen kids does

because there is actual quality discussion

It's the place to spam whatever "innovative", "groundbreaking" stuff in cryptocoins, except there's no innovation. You know, the kind that you would expect these people, of all the fucking normies, would understand.

For a place that gets wet when they hear the words "cloud" and "scalable", they don't understand shit. It's the forum of the sales people, not smart people.

It's truly a "vocal minority" thing, too. I used to hang around a bunch of hipsters and thought far left political opinions, LGBT rights, feminism, etc were normal talking points, but in the real world among normal people, it's just not discussed for or against. But on the internet it's always priority one.

Jews

It's home of the Rust Evangelism Strikeforce.

It's an alright aggregator but an even better echo chamber.

>Can anyone express a logical reason to dislike Hacker News without mentioning or scapegoating "the Jews"?
They manipulate the front page A LOT.
They ban you for disagreeing with their ideology.
Say one word about mentally ill trannies or feminists and they'll ban you immediately.
Everyone sucks Google's dick there.
People are sucking up to investors and just generally being retarded to fit in.

It's a censorship shithole.

I actually like going there. There's some interesting articles and the people there actually know and talk about technology beyond treating a PC as a video game peripheral. I don't have an account though, I just prefer to read.

Obligatory mention of n-gate.com/

I agree with you, I just sort expect that stuff from a site with that sort of standing with industry. you could call it censorship for getting banned if you mention trannies but then wth did trannies have to do with ngix vs rwasa anyway? i'd call that more curating out irrelevant conversation. I come here to Sup Forums if I want my technical abstracts peppered with dispicable life outlooks

this is incredible how did i not know about this

> Hacker Jews
My first issue with that (((community))) of pseudo-intellectuals is that they claim to be "hackers" when they are not: their solutions are not clever in any way, they are basically clueless programmers building businesses based on ordinary ideas and a bunch of spaghetti code (that for some weird reason they are extremely proud of, like, "oh look how I *hacked* this app in just one week, isn't it beautiful? yeah I know, I am so fucking smart... I actually see myself as the next Steve Jobs").
My second issue is that they are not disrupting shit but just fueling the capitalist system like no other industry. They don't even like computers nor technology, they are there EXCLUSIVELY because of the money.

Can't wait till the next dot com bubble so all those pretentious cunts can move somewhere else. Fuck those motherfucking VCs who destroyed the joy of computer science and technology, normalizing and commercializing something so precious like the Internet. I am serious, fuck them. Computers don't belong to the normies.

/r/dunningkruger

back to

You need money to build infrastructure. But to make a lot of money you have to provide value to stupid normies, simply because normie to smart people ratio is around 1/20. There is nothing you can do about it, if you don't want smart people to just pay 20 times more.

danluu.com/hn-comments/
n-gate.com/hackernews/

>government do bad
suppress
>large megacorp do bad
suppress
>trump do good
suppress

They flag and suppress shit like it is a day job over there.

I browse comments with "show [dead]" enabled (so i can enjoy terry spouting schizophrenic nonsense from time to time) and most flagged/dead posts are almost always just low quality 4gag tier shitposts.

It is run by and caters to wannabe leet haxxors and startup conmen "entrepreneurs". Just imagine a place where Uriel and Graham circlejerk each other, a terrible world where actual software doesn't exist.

Also, the layout and contrast sucks.

Redditors who want to pretend to be smart.

I try to read only the more technical threads and those from niche blogs and avoid articles by generalist websites (for example right now the guardian and vice articles are trending) and strictly political and ethical threads. Never are there any worthwile comments in those. I regret opening that "Bezos is richer than Gates" thread. How can you unironically think that Gates is spending money in Africa with nothing in return in the short/long term? Do you not know how multinationals work? Damn

Sup Forums is redditors who want to pretend to be dumb

Did you get that saying from reddit?

Thread
- irrelevant comment
-- suggestion for irrelevant comment
--- argument about suggestion for irrelevant comment

...fruitful discussion takes place elsewhere.

>if you don't want smart people to just pay 20 times more.
That's why we have universities, so they pay for expensive equipment.

Yeah, most people are posting seemingly insightful comments that aren't really insightful at all and tip-toe around potential controversial stuff to not upset anyone.

In the end it's all extremely white-washed generic tech talk.

Dude... how new are you?

You might not care about them but they do "care" about you. You can't avoid it, the trouble with HN is it's run by them.

pajeets

This. I think that 4channers tend to forget the difference between moderation and censorship, simply because of how laxly moderated Sup Forums is

stop doing (((this)))

It looks retarded and only /r/pol users do it

also, you don't need to put a space between the > and the text while you're greentexting

Is there any good, similar site for tech related news?

>stop doing (((this)))
this

>/r/pol
8/10

Does anyone know a tech discussion website without all the culture war bullshit?

fpbp

Honestly Hacker News is as close as you'll find.

Mailing lists.

>that image
Sounds like Sup Forums in a nutshell

> post on hackernews
> get banned

Endless "bikeshedding"

People who think they know a lot but don't

Here's a sample of the articles I hid today:
- In Conversation: Trent Reznor
- Forgotten Religions That Worshipped Electricity
- Ravens OL John Urschel, 26, retires abruptly, two days after CTE study
- Google Home Is 6 Times More Likely to Answer Your Question Than Amazon Alexa
- The Rise of Dystopian Fiction
- The Long, Forgotten Walk of David Ingram
- I’ve Had a Cyberstalker Since I Was 12
- A Sculpture Controlled by Live Honeybees
- High refined sugar intake linked to a 23% higher risk of mental disorders (Stop drinking that cheap cola, Terry)
- The Evolution of Trust
- Successful Solo Founders
- In the Face of Constant Censorship, Bulgakov Kept Writing
- The Deal That Jeff Bezos Got on Basecamp
- MRelief (YC W16) Is Hiring a Rails Dev in Chicago
- The Hijacking of the Brillante Virtuoso
- Launch HN: Sunu (YC S17) – Sonar wristband helping blind people navigate
- Amazon Hub

Only 13/30 are worth clicking yet somehow it is better than other voting-based communities and Sup Forums.

That's what everything is like now that YouTubers have taken the place of experts.

>Stop drinking that cheap cola, Terry
but he drinks Diet Shasta

the more i read HN the more i respect simple companies doing their fucking jobs and providing a tangible benefit to people

>(((community)))
>but just fueling the capitalist system
>pseudo-intellectuals
>pretentious
>normalizing and commercializing something so precious like the Internet
It seems like you're the normalfag, user. There is nothing more normalfag at this point in history than hating on capitalism and blaming it for ruining our colorful, authentic X -- never mind how capitalism was the reason you got to enjoy X in the first place. Ironically, it makes you sound like the worst of HN commenters.

Uses a scoring system similar to leddit
But I am appreciative that the discussions are actually really laser focused on the articles and tech.
Also snooping people's profiles based on their declaration of work place

The biggest problem I have with HN is that they defend electron apps because a developer's time is more valuable than the thousands of potential computers the app will be run on.

If developer's time is so valuable, stop posting on HN so fucking much and do your job.

>New JS framework
>Medium.com post about how I derped a herp... there's my face down there in a circle
>Show HN: Our disruptive startup created in Go
>**INSERT COMPANY NAME WITHOUT VOWELS** is the new **INSERT RANDOM BULLSHIT**
>B L O C K C H A I N
>New JS framework

Essentially, a bunch of pretentious pricks or brogrammers pretending they're hot shit and the next Steve Jobs just because they're using the latest hipster framework. Very few original ideas. At least Sup Forums or most subplebbits don't pretend to be startup CEOs with venture capital money up their asses.