/sqt/

Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_pipe
pastebin.com/3LnHncKu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit waifu
Gabriel>>>>>>>>all

Yes. It sends the exact same code and leads to the exact same error.

Thank you for your help, but I should probably have clarified in the original post, I'm on Windows, so I'm not sure if that'll work.

maybe just get into contact with their support

>callisto had no waist

gabrielle

Here's a stupid question: why are you such a faggot.

Guess that's what I'll have to do.

Is it against Twitter's TOS to have multiple accounts? If so I'd rather avoid mentioning that to support, I don't want to get my main account fucked up too.

What is a Sup Forums approved gps navigation app for android that can use .img files just as garmin?

I just deleted a huge folder.
I realized my mistake immidiately after so nothing has overwritten it yet.
How do I restore it?

I need a laptop to bring with me on trips.
I want it to be cheap as dirt and sturdy, don't really mind that it has little power

any suggestion?

take it back out of your recycle/trash bin, or automatic snapshot

>Joining a company of entirely scientists, as the only developer.

Great idea?
Horrible idea?

My primary interest and undergraduate degree are in science by the way, but my current job and new job title would be developer. There's a danger I may become the code monkey bitch. Or its a great segue back to science? We all know how bad scientists are at developing software so we all know I have the potential to make myself extremely useful to them.

How can I use this old Google theme and have the option to view image source directly instead of being redirected to the image's webpage?

testdisk / photorec

i have 2 gpus on my notebook, one integrated and the other dedicated (not sure if this is the correct english word, but whatever), should i update both drivers?
also, should i uninstall the current driver before installing the updated one?

Is it worth rooting Android? What are the benefits and risks?

Why dont you google and find out?

Yes and no. Keep both up to date but I'm pretty sure that the driver install software will remove outdated drivers.

Because I trust you guys more than some shitty hip 'tech' site. Props to /csg/ for enlightenment on chink shit.

ctrl z

g/ays, I got new internet

240/24 broadband

But my laptop is Wireless-N and I only get ~ 100mb shouldn't N do 200mb down? I could upgrade the card to Wireless-AC will this make it faster?

where's the best place to start with programming simple game graphics in c++?

Can anyone help me understand why Chromium returns with linker errors if I attempt to build it when the only modifications I make to it are changing

# Copyright 2016 The Chromium Authors. All rights reserved.
# Use of this source code is governed by a BSD-style license that can be
# found in the LICENSE file.

import("//build/config/chromecast_build.gni")
import("//build/config/features.gni")

declare_args() {
# Enable basic printing support and UI.
- enable_basic_printing = !is_chromecast && !is_ios
+ enable_basic_printing = false

# Enable printing with print preview. It does not imply
# enable_basic_printing. It's possible to build Chrome with preview only.
- enable_print_preview = !is_android && !is_chromecast && !is_ios
+ enable_print_preview = false

- use_cups = (is_desktop_linux || is_mac) && !is_chromecast
+ use_cups = false

}

It builds successfully with no modifications but changing the flags to false causes linker problems.

>I'm on Windows
well there's your problem right there.

Your using the wrong operating system to easily recursively convert hundreds of directories of wma's into mp3's.

I suggest you write a simple python script that recursively opens each directory starting at a base and then runs ffmpeg (the windows verison) on them to convert

ac will help, but you should use a cable where speed is a priority
wifi is for convenience

shut down, boot into linux and use something like autopsy and you will find see the directory and can easily restore it

How can I shrink an encrypted root partition? I tried gparted via a livecd with no luck.

So Xorg was working earlier but then I added some more use flags and now it doesn't. I reverted the use flags and it still doesn't. What do I reinstall?

I used to but now with kwlp I don't really have a need to.

not in this case the Ethernet is 10/100

When I apply for a job that has some requirement:
>Advanced knowledge and experience working with the Microsoft Suite of products.
what do i say if they ask me for my experience?
-I know the basic usage of Word and excel and LibreOffice
what do i asy if they ask me for my level in word or excel?

Consistent 100 vs variable 20-100

Help senpai.
I have no idea what im doing and I cant delete these 0 byte folders, wrestle control with takeown; the admin account cant touch the folders and im running out of ideas.

please need help with these stupid fuckin folders.

liveusb linux
mount drive
delete folders

>Have had extensive experience with using Word, creating macros in excel, and creating dynamic spreadsheets and graphs
Unless you haven't had experience in those. If the job requires you to be a spreadsheet monkey, run. Chances are though the job is just looking for basic proficiency, even though it says advanced.

Someone SSHd into my raspberry and locked me out by changing the password for pi. After fixing this and getting back in I found this in auth.log. What did they do?

ok thanks, and most of the jobs that ask for "advanced" skill in word do seem to be very basic shit. i guess "advanced" is knowing how to use Bold and Italics in the mind of normies.
looks like a french cryptocurrency site, prolly wanted to turn your pi into a small miner

>/tmp/minerd
You got mined.
You shoudl really use fail2ban

Is it safe to download random images/webms from internet? Is it possible for image from reddit/Sup Forums to contain malicious script?

they can put malicious scripts in it but that doesn't mean they'll ever run

so yes that means it's safe to download anything that isn't illegal

yes, it is possible.
if you're not the target, though, the odds of you getting it before there's massive news of a wide-scale attack is so slim that it doesn't really matter.

No it's shit Ethernet got 48Mbits not solid 100

My wireless N is solid 100+

Back to my question how much faster is Wireless-AC in real world speeds?

Whenever I tried opening a folder on my D drive, I got this error:

"the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error"

Trying running chkdsk in cmd but it never went through. Just restarted and now the D drive isn't showing up anymore.

Is my drive dead or can I fix it?

what's cheapest raspberry pi like computer that has usb 3.0 support, want it for NAS

I'm trying to play movies from my seedbox using Plex. This piece of shit lags even though seedbox is capable of sustained 100MB/s of upload and home connection is capable of sustained 100Mb/s.
So what the fuck is happening?

By lags I mean it constantly pauses and buffers, even with 720p movies.

is 10 MB/s fastest ethernet can reach?

Looking for a good mouse with replacable switches, just light gaming and regular stuff, please help. Budget like 40$

are you transcoding on the server? if so, the servers' cpu might be the one struggling to keep up

10gbit cat 7

every mouse has replacable switches if you own a soldering iron

sounds pretty dead, check it with linux.

It isn't clicking, and I can hear it turning off if I unplug it. What do I do in Linux to check if it's working?

Is there a way to recover files from it?

Yeah but If I buy a soldering iron I would be using it once a year to replace the switches that would be coming from china one month from now. And I need to learn how to do it as well.
I think buying a new mouse with replacable switches i better

Are you using WiFi?

How do I turn transcoding off?

Why android nor apple incluide a native qr code scanner app?

It would be able to see and interact with the drive at a more basic level, for starters.
you can use the tools on windows to check, but you can't force mounting like on linux.

In 1992

No, cable connected to my PC.

you're wearing out your switches in only a year?

bloat

my moto g3 did.

Because a QR code doesn't have to be a URL. Sometimes you will have a QR code that is specific to an app. If you were to scan it with a native app it wouldn't work and idiots couldn't figure it out.

ARTS is a lot of clicking

So how do you guys get a programming job? Do you just send your resume to listings on indeed/dice/monster/etc and hope to hear back?

I overclocked my GPU a few days ago and it failed on me temporarily so I set it back to default. Did I damage it forever or was that just an unstable OC

>Advertised link modes: 1000baseT/Full
what does it mean, does this controller support gigabit or not?

What's inside a heatpipe?

>Supported link modes
>100baseT
Dosent look like it.

Connect it to something gigabit with a cat5< cable and see

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_pipe

How do I get a list of scheduled tasks in Powershell without the Get-ScheduledTask cmdlet? The servers at my work don't seem to have that cmdlet because of the OS version.

Metal mesh round the outside, a gap inthe middle, and some fluid..

The idea is the fluid evaporates into the middle and condenses into the mesh, transporting head with it.

You guys are more friendly than the linux thread. Thank you

I'm transfering stuff to my NAS. I'm getting 18,4 MB/second.
I'm retarded and can't remember the difference between mbps Mbs and such.
Is it actually a decent speed?

cable or wifi?

is there a way (an add-on etc) that would allow me to view the page a hyperlink leads to when simply hovering over it? or similar
thanks

cable, directly to the NAS.

a single hard drive should be able to saturate a gigabit connection and give over 100Megabytes/s so 18.4 is pretty bad

So why is my download not 140?

I think they are limiting individual connections to 110 max since the highest I've seen is 109Mbits

Is this misselling?

It does feel kind of slow.

lrn2read fampai

that speed is the total /raw/ bandwidth, not including various overheads, for which there is a considerable amount for wifi, much less for wired ethernet

How do I get hired programming with a software engineering degree and fuck all experience?

Hard drives can do bursts of hundred-megs-per-second, but not average sustained..

100Mb/s sustained is low-end ssd territory.

I'm a retard, i just realized that MB/s is bytes and need to be multiplied by 8. So i'm getting 147Mbps.

Supported means what it supports meaning what it will do.
Advertised means they lyed to you

sorry
seems like I misread it
not him btw

the beginning of a modern hdd should do ~100MiB/s or slightly more
the sequential speed drops near the "end" of the disk though, it's not linear

Your transferring images which are going to be slower than if you transferred just one big file.

Using a gigabit connection to a PC with a single WD red 5200rpm. I was about to get 100-110 Megabytes per second sustained if the transfer is sequential

i am running pi-hole, what microsoft/google domains should i blacklist and still be able to use their services?

is there a Sup Forums list of the best programming books?

java and webdev (js, css, html, etc) are what im doing now

should have just been unstable.
far as I know.
having your own projects and calling them after applying to make sure they got it are supposed to help

take the most shitass but relevant job you can find
internships are an option

Oh right, I should get the AC card then. Or this internet is being wasted.

Run this
pastebin.com/3LnHncKu

I just installed ffmpeg, but I'd have no idea where to begin with python.