Raspberry pi general - /rpg/

What are you working on, Sup Forums?

I just finished setting my rpi2 up again with my blog and openvpn server. Fucking SD-Card got corrupted. Might move my blog files to an external USB stick or HDD. Dunno yet.

But I still have a raspi 1 around with which I wanted to do some fun stuff. Just dunno what exactly. any tipps? What can I do with eet?

Host a searx instance for all your devices

Mine is running apcupsd with some scripts to manage my home server when the power goes out and pihole for DNS ad filtering. It has been working fine for years, it's one of the very first models that came out.

Right now I'm using my raspberry pi as a wireless router. I have it connected to my computer with ethernet cable and it forwards connection over wifi. It uses dnsmasq for dhcp and dns and iptables to forward connection.

Use it to upload cp on public WiFi with a mix and wipe it when you think it'll be confiscated

Working on putting together my rackible Pi cluster.

Thanks user.

I have a raspberrypi 2, 3 and zero around but doing nothing much with it. Thinking of putting debain on rbpi 3 with a touchscreen monitor on it and run google calendar with it + weather. Gonna mount it on the wall in livingroom.

actually i'm in the middle of rebuilding a trail camera - adding an arduino to turn the pi-zero off and on and minimise power use

I'm stuffing a Pi Zero W into a Game Gear TV tuner so I can watch DVB-T and emulate shit on my Game Gear.

my rpi3 is fine with routing, but I want to make a quad with a new one either a 3 or an arduino.

That and I'm also getting my self another rpi3 and a gsm module to make a phone without cia niggers and botnets. Same get gsm modules for both rpi and arduino

cool I used to drive trail too actually
Also very cool

Monitoring the washing machine

making a webcam server to record niggers in my neighborhood.

How can I make it record video and how do I make it accessible outside of my LAN?

Go and get MotionEyeOS and set the recording settings, to access outside the LAN get yourself a VPN server set up.

>How can I make it record video and how do I make it accessible outside of my LAN?
You could set up port forwarding on your router to allow you to access it from anywhere.

I briefly used mine to host some services, I graduated to a real server though and now it just collects dust.

I have a rpi laying around but I don't know what to do with it, does anyone have some ideas?

set up port forwarding and enable ssh with X11 forwarding

DuckDNS and port forwarding.

>buy rpi
>install raspbian
>apt-get install
>WOW IM SO LEET LOOK AT MY LITTLE EXPOSED CIRCUITBOARD IT DOES SO MUCH
rpi's are for retards.

shit I'm a fucking NOOB

Dude your thick....got any more?

I need to measure temperatures in an airtight box. I have some lemo connectors to communicate with the inside. Can I use one lemo cable per 1-Wire temperature sensor on the inside or do I have to use lemo + a shared ground line?

I'm considering getting a Pi to turn my mother's TV into a "smart" one so she can watch and stream shows from the media server I'm building up. Thoughts?
Also, is it going to be hard to do the things mentioned above for a beginner?
Beginner as in I have no experience in writing codes or whatsoever. I do have xubuntu installed on my lappy though.

use it to set up a tor end node

the arm architecture makes this a bitch

No that would be easy if you install the media center thats on the raspberry pi website. Its basically just linux with kodi or xbmc interface. Just get a usb remote and should work great.

Thanks.

What are you using for the media server? Plex? Kodi?

I'm honestly not even sure that the rpi3 would do a terrific job at 1080p60 streaming, much less 4K or 8K when they get here. And video streams are only getting better in quality as time goes on.

If she has an older model TV you might be able to get away with it if it's always stepping down to 720p, but for all the time and effort your might just be better off getting a chromecast, and a decent tablet that stays at the coffee table as a remote or something. Shit has to be absolutely seemless and bug free or else they'll get tired of it and never use it, and you can't always be on-call to fix their TV issues.

>Shit has to be absolutely seemless and bug free or else they'll get tired of it and never use it, and you can't always be on-call to fix their TV issues.
Was going to mention this as well. You might want to look into getting something else if you have to worry about this stuff because thats most likely what will happen.

>What are you using for the media server?
I will be most likely using plex.
>I'm honestly not even sure that the rpi3 would do a terrific job at 1080p60 streaming
The TV itself is only 720p.
>If she has an older model TV you might be able to get away with it if it's always stepping down to 720p, but for all the time and effort your might just be better off getting a chromecast, and a decent tablet that stays at the coffee table as a remote or something. Shit has to be absolutely seemless and bug free or else they'll get tired of it and never use it, and you can't always be on-call to fix their TV issues.
I see, I'll do some research and see if its worth it or not.
Thanks.

I guess using chromecast would be less work and more stablity for the same price

Proximity controlled Audrey ii. Opens mouth when close

Forgot to mention media server, motion camera and backup manager. These things are great

wearable linked raspberry pi 3B 3d scanner based on asus xtion sensor.

This is the future

What is that one in the bottom left?

My Rpi kernel pannicks when starting up.

>hiding a microsd card in a coin
fuck this is brilliant for perfectly legal activities that warrants such a hidden storage medium lest criminals steal it from me

I want to make my Odroid into a router for dlna. Advice?

>Advice?
kys

I use mine as a remote & scheduled Wake-on-LAN server.

what does that do that sticking the wifi adapter into your pc would not?

Mine is set as a wifi hotspot, samba file server and an fm radio station which broadcasts v a p o r w a v e songs 24/7.

i have a couple leftover rpis and would like to make one into a smol pc for easy diagnostics and taking notes
i don't need much more than a keyboard and terminal
can it be done?
raspbian has a shitton of useless stuff and lags occasionally
how can i do this?

Mine plays white noise in the night, and Internet radio in the day, just got it 2 days ago. I'm thinking about buying an IR camera module and monitoring my backyard for wildlife since I'm on the edge of the forest and deer and shit fuck my plants up.

I flashed Libreboot with my BBB. Does that count?