Solid phone

good day, Sup Forumsuys.

I'm giving away my S3 to someone who needs it more, so I'll need to find a suitable replacement.
I could've opted for an SE instead of this 6 I'm posting, but no use crying over spilt milk now.

so far I've been looking at pic related. looks like a business phone. is it any good? or should I get something Samsung?

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8453&idPhone2=7079
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>>/spg/

been waiting for a response there since yesterday, and no one got back to me...
apologies. what phone do you use?

I have the Moto G5 and the battery is kind of a let down, you will most definitely have to recharge it every night, otherwise it's a good phone, performance is smooth across apps.

Lenovo is kind of self aware about the shitty battery life so they made it replaceable for this model.

The Moto G5 Plus on the other hand has stellar reviews. No removable battery though.

so far with my phones, I only ever text, call, browse, and listen to music. will doing those on the G5 get me through a day or two?

thanks for your input.

A Moto E, I don't need anything else and it seems neither do you

>call
cellular data is the major battery drain for this one.

will doing those on the G5 get me through a day or two?
a day, for sure no problem. two days would be pushing it though.

This phone charges quite quickly I most add, forgot to mention that on my previous post.

iOS can't do half the things Android's capable of, though. I'm looking to get back into that scene.
plus, there's the issue of bending on the 6, and I still need my second SIM for contacts not on my unlisted number.

sounds manageable enough. doesn't look too big, either.

Got the G5 plus 2 months ago, enjoying it so far, really solid.

+Good battery life (a day or so)
+Nice IPS screen
+Gestures and fingerprint reader on the home button
+Splash resistant

-Slight input lag on heavy duty games
-Good Camera but lacks on low-light environments
-The plastic ring around the phone can get slippery

This is coming from a Moto X2 ex-owner, miss the amoled screen.
I mostly play games, use social media and take notes on it.

>Splash resistant
does that mean I can piss on it and nothing will happen to it.

Damn straight, you can even submerge it in it (about 10 cm in)

that's a relief, I have coke, coffe and water on my desk at all times.

The future is in Chinese (chink)phones

they have no class.

got any camera samples lying around there?

Been using Moto G4 plus since release and it's still pretty ok. Screen has some weird burn in occasionally. Fingerprint reader is just ok. Updates are few and far between but I'm on 7.0 which is nice I guess. No problems with battery life.
Good value for the money.

are updates on Android really that much of a problem?
I've alternated between Android and iOS a lot and I never noticed anything gamebreaking from not being on the latest OS.
or is there something I'm missing...

No you're not missing anything. It isn't a big deal anymore but 7.0 has some neat features like multi window/split screen. It's also nice to get regular security updates too which Lenovo hasn't been doing well.

that's good to know. it's always one of those points brought up in phone OS threads.
Motorola sure has come a long way from its RAZR days, it seems. I'm amazed they're still alive.

get an s5 and install LineageOs on it.
its a great phone with everything you might want and no bullshit.

I got my mom a Moto g5+ during prime day for $180 and got rid of the ads using adb. It was fantastic deal for that price

>are updates on Android really that much of a problem
updates are always a big deal, if thats what youre asking
>some neat features
what kind of retard are you,
updates are about security, not trendy features no one cares about other than advertisers. but yes, split screen is nice. a feature that already exists on android 6.0.1 phones or at least some of them.

>when the major service provider in your province tells you that phones are only expected to last up to 2 years
>they offer 3 year contracts

i swear to god it's like the world is engaging in a constant effort to make me as devoid of hope and optimism as humanly possible

If you're in Europe, get the Bq Aquaris X5 Plus

If I replaced my Galaxy s6 edge for the moto g5+ do you think they would be at least comparable or would the moto even be slightly better because of the age?

check it out, who would've thought such thing existed.

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8453&idPhone2=7079

Sure.
Ok lighting

Low light

I got the g5 plus a few months ago, the battery is awesome and lasts ~2-3 days, not as impressed with the camera as most seem to be though.

Thank you I've read a lot of comparison charts was just checking to see if anyone on here had some first hand experience and opinions on the phone.

>would the moto even be slightly better because of the age?

I would replace it solely because of the battery's age.

should really ditch the coke user

>gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8453&idPhone2=7079

comparison charts don't show shit, according to that wankstain of a site, my S5 is so much better than the G5. But the S5 has an inherent flaw of ageing like an old man with brain cancer, and it fucking dies while trying to do a Google search.

Fuck my life and fuck you, you snarky cunt.

Dunno if I can sacrifice my Galaxy S5 for a Moto G5+, that camera is shite.

bump

Just got my G5 Plus in the mail today and my old shitty Samsung On5 took better quality pictures than these.

sorry, didn't phrase that properly.
updates don't come as slow as people make it out to be. from my experience, at least.
then again, the last version I ever fully appreciated was KitKat...

oh wow... that's muddy.
captures color nicely, at least.
I've handled worse; these should do fine.
thanks.

maybe load a KitKat ROM on your S5? it was designed for low-end hardware.

Go for a Moto Z play instead
You'll thank me for it's battery life

I know that feeling, just got an Axon 7, from a GS4, and I don't really see too much difference.

Just bought a g5 plus.
So far I like it. Havnt had it long enough to know if call quality is shit or not but I can say it seems that I have to scream less than I did on a moto e 2nd gen and alot less than on the galaxy j3.

I can verify that usb otg host actually works on this phone, just like on the moto e.
samshit does not support otg, very disappointed in them.

my moto es screen was bullet proof, the samshit screen breaks if you look at it wrong.
I expect the g5 screen to be of the same or better quality than the samshit screen.

I just dropped boost mobile because they claim to be unable to activate the phone.
I went to Verizon, they had a fuck ton of issues but got it fully activated in the end.

>LineageOS
the CM successor?
have they fixed how buggy it is yet?
it's really nice, but it crashed a lot and screwed with my camera.

that's a really big bump on the back. have any pictures?

call quality on an iPhone is still abysmal. any drops on the G5?

thanks.

i've been using a g5 plus for a couple months as well, and my biggest is the camera too. it's pretty abysmal in some situations.. not sure how they fucked it up this badly.

otherwise, it's a great phone. battery life is enough for me. i charge every 36 hours or so on average. i also love that you can remove the stupid-as-fuck on-screen buttons and use gestures on the home button to go back and show recent apps. also, shake the phone twice to turn on the flashlight, and rotate twice to open camera. love that ish.

for the price, it's definitely worth it.

>call quality on an iPhone is still abysmal. any drops on the G5?
>thanks.

I just got it turned on today, also just received it today.
I placed one call which was to the other side of the country, the call quality was good, but there was some interference which could be attributed to my location, Verizon's coverage, or the other persons phone and/or location and/or coverage

While I was at Verizon I noticed 3/4 of the Motorola phones had shit burned into them like an old plasma.
The guy said those ones and amoled screens.
I looked up the g5, it says it has an ips screen so I believe that is a major bonus.

I turned the three buttons to be set to the finger print reader (front center "home" button location) and set a lock with finger prints. Overall I'm impressed with it.
g5 plus with 4gb ram and 64gb internal memory.

if you are use to a moto e where the power button is above the volume buttons, this takes a second to get use to because its now moved to under the volume buttons.

and I read some bitch put the sim card tool though the back mic hole.
I can see how that hole makes it look like a removable back plate..
dont put the sim card tool though the microphones.

>dont put the sim card tool though the microphones.
lol I'll make sure of it.
if this was 2004 that hole would serve as a reset button on some devices.

you'd think that all those megapixels would make for a smooth image... turns out there still are other things at play.
I've yet to see any phone camera that matches the general crispness of the 4s. its pictures look very close to my digicams. not even my 6's shots look as sharp.

>also love that you can remove the stupid-as-fuck on-screen buttons and use gestures on the home button to go back and show recent apps.
funny, I was just thinking about a phone that'd have a nifty home button like that. came to the right place, it seems.

aight, I think this thread turned out pretty good. off to page 10 now. thanks again.

get the iphone se, or the google pixel xl

I've been using the LG G5 since its launch. Built well, changeable battery, tight screen, decent cameras. Ignore the stupid add ons, get a spare battery.

>iphone se
right now I got buyer's remorse... I had a choice between 4-inch and bendgate, and I chose bendgate.
at least there's a headphone jack.

oh yeah. really crisp screens they're packing there.
the G2 was the first Android device I got to dick around on. now that was solid.
it's not crazy expensive like the S8, right?