Why aren't you using qutebrowser?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2742
github.com/annulen/webkit/wiki
code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtwebkit.git/log/?h=5.212
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because I'm not a degenerate fossturd

Last time I've tried it it was pretty unstable, I've experienced frequent crashing.

Hopefully it's improved since then.

does it finally support greasemonkey scripts?

It hangs too much for seemingly no reason and can't into suspend.

because I love Emacs not Vim

No, I submitted a pull request yesterday but maintainer said no new features until September plz

Learn from the NetRunner devs and implement some of the features they plan. Take it as a friendly advice.

That list of "features" is a mess.

How did you use custom CSS with qute? Is that some userscript + your fork?

Because my custom Firefox with about:config tweaks gives me no trouble at all so there's no reason to jump to the void.

And just when I decided to give it the benefit of doubt since it looked cute, pic happened.
Fuck off with your shitty browser.

idk that doesn't look very cute

who plays videos in their browser? use a dedicated video player like normal autismos

What happens when you click "missing options?"

OwO

I seriously hope you are not a qutebrowser developer.

it links you to chrome ads

What do browser do you use for that bro

Because it doesn't block youtube ads

Can't you easily write a script to open the video in mpv, or whatever?

I've got a fork with greasemonkey compatible userscript support, yeah. I haven't done shit with custom css. Although there is an option to set a user stylesheet, just one, in stock.

>3. Give total control over the DOM, put options in files inside a hierarchical folder structure referencing sites and subsites.
Sounds highly usable.

Make sure you either have QtWebKit-NG installed, or use it with QtWebEngine and --baclend webengine. Most hangs/crashes are due to the legacy QtWebKit packaged in most distributions and not qutebrowser itself.

FWIW v0.11.0 shows a warning about this, and v1.0 (the next release) will drop legacy QtWebKit support entirely.

that's a good song

because qtchan is better

he uses emacs, duh

Because I'm already using Metanoia.

Shame this means that debian jessie and ubuntu 14.04 are being dropped because they came with older qt that still comes with qtwebkit and because they use python 3.4, it makes it very difficult to upgrade to qtwebkit-ng or qtwebengine.

Yeah, but it's necessary - support for the old Qt versions is a pain to maintain, and they are full of security holes (and crashes) anyways.

However, there's a clear upgrade path available for both (Debian Stretch and Ubuntu 16.04). For people who can't update yet for some reason, there's the deadsnakes PPA with Python 3.5. Alternatively, compiling Python from source is quite easy and fast.

>debian jessie
Yeah, I installed qt5.9 from experimental with no issues though.

plugins or lack of the functionality that is provided by the plugins which i use

>no flash
Dropped

wrong - :set content plugins true

Why doesn't someone actually make decent browser components from scratch instead of a new shitty ui?

if your user scripts work, you can use that to append custom css into the document head as a style element.

It's one of those "I'm better because I'm not as useful" pieces of software.

Yes, I'm dissing, suckless.

Because browsers aren't a fucking text-based medium like text editors are and shouldn't have the fucking interface of a goddamn text editor.

How is this so fucking hard for LOL MAH KEYBURD BROWZR special snowflakes to understand?

do you not use keyboard shortcuts in your browser? do you actually click the url bar to navigate to a website? do you close and open tabs by hand? you may actually be retarded. refrain from posting.

Because a single person (or even a handful of people) isn't going to write a new browser engine from scratch which is actually usable. See NetSurf, netrunner, dillo and all the console browsers.

The closest thing to that is probably Mozilla's Servo.

How did you increase tab size and the status bar size?

github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2742

Not OP, but see the tabs -> padding and ui -> statusbar-padding settings.

What part of qt5.9 did you fall to understand?

what is this? pekwm?

So I'm confused about qtwebkit-ng, is this a fork or a group of people maintaining qtwebkit in their free time

Note that you'll also need Python 3.5

Both, kind of - see github.com/annulen/webkit/wiki

It also got merged back into Qt, but will be released independently from Qt: code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtwebkit.git/log/?h=5.212

you can achive the same look with a firefox skin, taking out features is not a feature bro

Try doing that after FF57
Good luck with that