Just put my computer together, installed windows and benchmarked it

just put my computer together, installed windows and benchmarked it
ryzen 7 1700
1080 TI

benchmarked the same as people running a 980 or even a 780 on the benchmark comparison because i ran the test in 1080p so i get bottlenecked down to min. 10 fps by this fucking AMD meme processor. why did i ever listen to you fucking edgy contrarians with your fucking AMD memes. so gutted i didn't just get an Intel

>1080TI for 1080p
kys my retard

>Using ancient benchmark
top wew

>He takes a photo of his screen
kys

im getting a new monitor but even then, it's not like it's running everything at a smooth 60 fps in 1080p which would make this irrelevant. it's the fact that this meme processor is literally hamstringing the GPU to console levels. if i went with a 1070 i'd be getting the same problem but worse.

which one should i use then

i pulled the picture from my phone whatsapp which i was chatting on when i took the picture while i was benchmarking. after that i switched to whatsapp desktop and the picture was already right there. get down off your fucking high horse you absolute wanker

Look at this idiot who bought 8 core CPU for gayming.
And probably benchmarked it with gayme which doesn't even is optimised to use more than 4 cores.
Look at this imbecile and learn from his retarded post.

>10 fps
There is obviously something wrong if you're getting that result.

> which doesn't even is optimised
>Look at this imbecile
right back at you you fucking cretin. You don't know what I'm using this machine for, I just expected some kind of parity with processor/GPU pairs 1/4 the price of mine. Unfortunately that's not the reality. I'll use the cores for other things, sure, but that doesn't mean I don't get to be disappointed about the machine's frankly fucking horrible performance

Now look at this raging retard. Who bought CPU for gayming but took advice not from Sup Forums but Sup Forums. And now is complaining how his "gayming rig" disappointed him.
Remember, kids, that this attention whore made a thread to show us how idiotic he is.

This is what happens when you pair a good GPU to a shit that can't even proper run decent speed memories

Next time do you a favor and buy a real gaming CPU not cheapo knock off produvcts glued

you literally made a thread to brag about how stupid you are

I'm a programmer you dullard in the post you replied to I SAID i'm using it for other stuff too, doesn't change the fact that it performs like shit for games. Just because you fat fucking neckbeards spend all day installing different linux distros doesn't mean we all want to wank away the day comparing hentai/linux distro mashup desktop backgrounds

youre right, im angry that I fell for the AMD meme.
To be honest though your image there isn't really true, my RAM is at 2933mhz which is the only half decent thing i have to say about this meme of a CPU

Every amd fanboys says this shit is wonderful just because they are poor fags pairing this shitty CPU with a reason crappy graphics and 60hz 1080 display.
So for amd fanboys anything above 20fps is a gain from their previous phenon shitty cpus

i spent hours in the build thread asking for advice about this build. I watched tons of ryzen 7 benchmark videos saying that the CPU performed fine for games. It's all one giant meme. Running geekbench now to see if this cpu is worth anything at all.

It's a crappy product this CPU shit it's pants when you try to run it above 3.9 and single thread performance is up to a 2500k.
For the best performance I would recommend a 7820x.

/G is just a bunch of poor fags envy of Intel products they can't buy so they say these abortion CPUs as the second coming

>I'm a programmer
Also a little dreamer, aren't you? Did you just made your first greenfoot gayme? Or are you a big boy know and pla... I mean program with gamemaker? ;^)

.5 shekels deposited

Top kek
>i spent hours in pcbg
Oh god... When will summer end and brainlets leave

It's perfectly fine to buy a cheaper inferior product if you are poor. It's like buying an Acer laptop at Walmart.
It's okay as long as you don't keep saying shit on internet like amd CPUs are actually good except on benchmarks.

Notice how this little retard is bashing amd, while no one said anything in thread in amd defence :^)
Everyone understands that this idiot made mistake building "mah gayming rig!!!", Only 4 core ryzens should be used for gayming ;)

No only zero amd cores should be used.
It don't matter if you put 4 or 8 ryzen cores, all they perform like shit and have nehalem levels of frequency.

>No one says anything about amd CPUs in his thread
>He thinks otherwise
;™)

no i program for a living. pic related you weird LARPer

>1080p
>in 20+17

hahaha good one

Rich boi, throw away your pc and build with intel. You probably didn't spent under 1000$ anyways.
Unless... Moma wont give you money for another PC! That's why you're raging here, as if someone cares. It's your fault you're dumb.

>Not benchmarking with Fire Strike
>Owning a 1080 Ti and not owning a G-Sync 1440p monitor

Your CPU isn't your problem user, it's your shitty resolution. Also, overclock your RAM and CPU if you want decent performance. Anyone who told you the 1700 wouldn't bottleneck the 1080 Ti at 1080p while at stock frequency was lying to you.

Now that's a dedication. Not everyone would bother to fake email. ;^)

its at 3.4ghz i don't think that's stock frequency

ill look at fire strike, thanks. yeah I'm getting a new monitor. Any recommendations? Ideally it should replace the TV i'm using right now.

whatever makes you feel better about the sad state of your own lives

Are you running msi afterburner? Restart computer with it not on and run test. Msi can interfere with whatever existing gpu manager and it will keep the clock rate locked at some low rate. If that is it then turn off all overclocking privileges of msi to strictly use it as a monitor software.

oh shit i am. let me check

It occurs on amd cards not sure on nvidia but figured to let you know. Make Make Msi not start upon boot then run starts. If that rules it out then open msi and start turning off overclocking permission settings then run test again. Alternatively you can monitor the clock rate with msi and run heaven and you'll be able to tell if the clock rate is locked or moving.

So, what's the problem? Can't you buy intel 7700k with mobo? Why make thread about your life?

Also:
>Poor people buy amd!
Makes thread how he bought amd
:^)

i didn't. i mentioned i was a programmer because it was relevant and then some fucking helpdesk IT monkey smugly doubted that. The reason i don't know what I'm doing is because until now I really didn't give a shit about PCs at all, I just programmed on a macbook. I decided to build a PC for programming and a few games and THIS is what i get. Pic related just fucking happened and i have no idea why. To be fair I was fucking about with the sliders on MSI afterburner.

I'm not overclocking shit with this setup. Too fucking risky.

i never said this about AMD. stop using the smiley to idenify yourself after you got made to sit the fuck down over your assumption about what i do for a living you NEET fuck

Oh, you're homosexual too. Nice, a homosexual who daydreams having job as a programmer. :^^^^^^^^^^^)

>Stop it! I don't like it!
Clearly a higher intellect being. ;^)

And before you blame neckbeards for being mean to you think about this:
- Sup Forums is not your tech support
- take responsibility for YOUR actions instead of blaming internet
- no one likes attention seeking threads

>amd + nvidia
You goofed

Are you sure your psu is fine ?
Sound like your 1080 is underpowered

are you running any background processes? Especially anti-virus? Is your hardware configured correctly? Do you have the most recent bios? Zen launch was plagued with gaming performance bugs that are largely fixed now.
Have you considered troubleshooting before shitposting on Sup Forums like a spoiled child?

I was about to pull the trigger on the ryzen meme today. I am so glad I decided to stop myself. Fuck having to buy ram thats double the price just to have a chance of achieving the stated clock speed. It's just gonna suck having to survive on a laptop until the tech matures or coffee lake turns out to be worth it over krapy lake.

>amd
>windows 10
>google chrome
>steam
>i'm a programmer
>you'd be interesting in
holy fuck enjoy your botnet u spergload pos

>be retarded op
>blame retarded happenings on external factors

Stick to fisher price

Probably only utilizing one or two cores.
Side note, I never told anyone to buy Ryzen for gaming.

>being cpu bottlenecked in a purely gpu application

That's some advanced level failure

Is that an Intel NUC under your disgusting TV, Phillip?

Your dick is small form factor

You've just increased memory clock too much, that's memory corruption.

Regarding AMD CPUs, I'm not sure how you were stupid enough to be memed into buying one. It's fairly obvious that the only part of Sup Forums that buys them is poor, and that the pathetic performance of AMD is a running joke.

First of all, fuck off nerd.
Second, you didn't post the rest of your system
Third, did you cheap out on ram? is it in the right slots for dual channel?
Fourthly, did you update your bios? U R A fuccboi, so prob not.
Fifthly, Pic related.
Finally, what gaymes R U stuttering in?

>just put my computer together
>10 fps
Kill yourself, retard.

i dunno dude mine works fine. It sounds like you're just retarded

Protip: LITERALLY everyone except you has the 1700 perform decently in games(it's not GREAT, but what do you expect from a low-clocked 8-core?). You're just either lying or doing something completely retarded

if you only care about gayming, just buy 7700k