/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/thread/61561761/#61567039
rbt.asia/g/thread/61583523/#61594145
youtube.com/watch?v=8FcoUDbka6w
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16826138190?ignorebbr=1&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL072817&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL072817-_-EMC-072817-Index-_-HeadphonesAccessories-_-26138190-S0I
gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_603274.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, your HD600s can't do this

What's the second best headphone behind the HD600?

But can my 650s?

There's no reason they couldn't post-EQ.

Friendly reminder that the hd-600s are overpriced, lumpy mid rolled off treble meme cans recommended mostly be weebs who don't listen to any music on them and much better headphones can be had from other brands at below its price point.

Friendly reminder to not take anything DiPolarDisorder says seriously because he is a notorious shitposter who doesn't even understand the concept of HRTF and replies "you can't read" to anyone who conclusively proves him wrong: rbt.asia/g/thread/61561761/#61567039

if im using the SHP9500s will I like the HD600s?

Friendly reminder that rampant shillheiser posters don't understand that hrtf graphs have an inverse relationship with how a headphone should measure, and that they literally don't understand their own cited articles and papers and use it to fit their flawed narrative on how acoustics work.

>will I like the best sounding full-sized headphones in the world?
Yes. Yes, you will.

What a unique and exciting start of a new /hpg/ thread.

>hrtf graphs have an inverse relationship with how a headphone should measure
They do not. This was explained to you by rbt.asia/g/thread/61583523/#61594145 and you replied with a combination of fabrication, strawman, a demonstration of ignorance about diffuse field equalization's 1986 origins and your standard "you can't read," an old standby shitposting tactic which you have fallen back on yet again right now. Time and time again people have proved you wrong while citing credible sources and time and time again you reply "you can't read" while providing zero evidence to back up your incorrect claims.

*serious inquiry*
I want to buy new headphones.
Which headphone should I get, HD600 or K712?

Tell me why you would choose one over the other.

K7XX are too similar to K712 and would not be a logical purchase, so HD600.

you can't read

Okay, why should I get the HD600?

I would get k712s because I already own a pair of HD600s

It is the most balanced sounding full-sized headphone available.

You realize it says in your own citations that it should be an inverse relationship right?

L I T E R A L L Y C A N T R E A D

>hrtf graphs have an inverse relationship with how a headphone should measure
[citation needed]

Quote the text which supports your claim that "hrtf graphs have an inverse relationship with how a headphone should measure." If you do not it will be assumed that you are shitposting.

You shouldn't and you should get the he-400i, which has flatter midrange and is favored by a few reviewers over the hd600.

youtube.com/watch?v=8FcoUDbka6w

>here, have a review of a completely different model, it's totally relevant to the headphone I'm recommending
Really? HE-400i has no upper mids and very peaky treble; it is not a good headphone.

I ask specifically about HD600 and K712 but here you are recommending me something that is irrelevant and is of no value to these threads.

It's relevant because it's a better headphone than both of those.

You're surprised that a tripfag is shitposting?

Why are you replying to him instead of quoting the text requested by ? Support your retarded claim, boy.

So where's that lack of upper mids?

>smuganimeface.jpg

>rtings

>Best sounding full-sized headphone
Literally laffin'!

No fucking bass.

Didn't Sennshills love that site before it backfired on them?

I advocate for the HD600 and I certainly never pretended that rtings was anything but a joke website. There seems to be at least one person here if not multiple people who play both sides of the Senn/Beyer shitposting war for trolling value and they were probably the one(s) citing rtings saying HD600 had good soundstage, which is silly because soundstage is completely subjective with widely varying soundstage preferences.

Basically.

Doesn't fit the narrative means it's suddenly garbage and they don't know anything. Hence the reason why most shillheisers don't understand the inverse relationship between hrtf and target response curves.

>the inverse relationship between hrtf and target response curves.
You still haven't provided a quote to support this obviously incorrect claim.

It rolls off at 100, -5 at 40 in a similar manner to the meme600s.

Do you exclusively listen to organ recordings and dubstep?

HD600 are -2.5 dB at 20 Hz when properly sealed.

No upper mids. Peaky treble.
>rtings

Are the HD600s good for 60s Rock music like the Beatles, Beach Boys, Doors, Byrds and so on?

They're practically made for dadrock. That's probably the best genre for them.

I bought the SHP9500, they sound really good and are comfy, these will last me a few years or until I've got spare money and my addiction kicks in again

I love both HD600 and HD650, both models are high quality headphones, and you will be happy with any model!

Dammit, I was about to buy the HD600 but you shill them so much that now I think I'm getting memed on.

I recommend you take the time to find a store that has them and give them a listen in person. You should listen to a whole bunch of headphones, and buy what you think sounds good for the types of things you listen to.

bump

wow his headphones can VIBRATE PAPER
how INCREDIBLE, $500 well spent
guess what else can vibrate paper? my $5 didlo

my $0 earthquakes can also do that and much more

>no single audiostore in a 150 km radius where i could test really high end headphones
Is it worth to drive 200km to a audiostore to test 1000€+ headphones?

>beyer headphones snap
>Send in support ticket
>Get some gay reply where they clearly didn't even read the message
>At the bottom it says to send in an RMA form
>Do it

>GET THE EXACT SAME MESSAGE

Go fuck yourself idiots.

Beyers are fucking trash, 4 months of light use and they broke. Never again

HD 650 is the answer

kill yourself poorfag

please post your current headphones and whether you are happy with them
>hd600
>mostly happy, but bass heavy tracks cause a rattle/distortion in the left speaker that I can't fix, despite a few attempts at cleaning them out

other than literally every high end offering ever but sure

post timestamped photos or it never happened

>Fidelio x2
>happy but you can't remove the pads completly. So it's hard to clean them

What genres are the hd 600 good for?

Most genres like classical,rock,jazz,pop it does very well with, but if you listen to a lot of hiphop/edm/dubstep/trap there are better options out there. not that they're useless at it but you'll probably want to eq for it if you're chasing bass drops

Reminder that the circle of confusion guarantees your loli-flat-FR Will not give tou the same as what was heard in the Studio.

>jvc sz2000
>not happy
they were garbage, terrible sound, terrible build quality, heavy, but as dedicated bass cannons they excel, would not recommend or buy again - there are far more balanced headphones out there even for people that love bass

I'm using cheap in-ear phones until I decide what to get next

I'm in your position
I'm getting the K712 since so far it apparently has a more neutral tonality than the HD600, deeper bass and treble extension and better soundstage and imaging but is not forgiving of bad recordings.
I haven't actually heard either to know for myself I'm just going off internet reviews.

also the pleather on the headband and pads started deteriorating straight away

Can someone list the differences in sound of the hd600 and hd650?

What headphones are compatible with the boom pro? None of the big three are, so what are my options besides v-moda?

>HD 600
>Shit
>HD 650
>50% more shit

Asking this seriously

i cringed

The hd650 is a bassier version of the hd600.

Both have rolled off highs and lumpy mids and are very overpriced for the overall performance they offer.

Listen to other headphones, go to a shop and compare.

Chances are you'll find something better for cheaper.

im chooing between razer kraken pro(green one) or ATH-M50 for gaming?

Ath-m50s because all headsets are super trash.

That being said, the status audio cb-1 is a closed back, cheaper, detachable cable alternative with a more balanced sound signature that you should consider checking out.

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16826138190?ignorebbr=1&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL072817&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL072817-_-EMC-072817-Index-_-HeadphonesAccessories-_-26138190-S0I
this a good deal?

They good for 60s pop and 60s rock? the hd 600s?

xiaomi pistons for $8AU?

gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_603274.html

I'd go with the hifiman he-400i for those circumstances.

What are some cheap yet nice headphone stands?
I'm having trouble finding anything that isn't overpriced in Australia

hi /hpg/ first time posting

ive never really gotten into music much before but i want to. i've got a budget of about $15~20k to spend on a set of headphones and an amp

this is for home use, and mostly for listening to EDM.

what are your suggestions?

I'm assuming the k at the end of that budget is a mistake or you're trolling.

no i got $20000 to spend, i wanna get sommin nice that will last

Stax SR-009
Stax are the best and these are the best Stax
Top end electrostatic amps go for around $5-10k

Or you could splash out and get a Sennheiser Orpheus for $50k

Best Powered Bookshelf Speakers in the $200-400 range?

honestly, if you're going to spend big money, take your time and enjoy the process. get together your favourite tracks, book time at the nearest top end hifi place that has a decent selection of headphones and try them all out

Also at $15~20k you're going to get a lot more out of a speaker system than headphones.

At the absolute top end of headphones you're looking at something like the $4000 Focal Utopia or $5000 Stax SR-009

Looking at the Audioengine HD3
anyone have them?

make your own? just cut some shaped boards specific for your headphone and glue them together

Not a bad idea, I've always wanted to try my hand at woodworking.

try something like this

Does /hpg/ have any experience of bone conduction headphones?

I have a conductive hearing loss in my left ear (up to 60dB hearing threshold in some frequencies) and I have been thinking of buying bone conduction headphones to hear what it sounds like to hear stereo music as it is made to sound.

How is the audio quality with bone conduction and are they worth it for listening music at home? It seems like 99% of the models are designed for sports use and only have Bluetooth connectivity. So far only model I have seen with a 3.5mm plug is AfterShokz Sportz Titanium, which is also the model I'm considering buying.

I suppose this is not very common subject, but I would appreciate any info.

JBL lsr305 are the best at that price bracket

This. 20k could get you totl speakers and amplification.

When I wear pic related for a very long time, after like 6 months it gets pretty oily and shit because it absorbs the oils on my skin.
How do I clean this shit without breaking it and without having to buy special "leather cleaner"?

Damn that thing is ugly
do they not come with grills?

Just use a damp microfibre cloth

Oh also I forgot to mention I want to use them with my PC without an amp or dac or whatever
So they need a usb/3.5mm port

Are these good for Rock?

>wanting dust magnets

Is there any reason you're avoiding dacs in particular? Usb audio interfaces are cheap (you could get a decent one for $50) and they'd make setup easy.

They don't come with grills sadly.

I have a scarlett solo for recording, can I use that?