Unverified leaks. How will this play out? All of the remaining lavalake-x CPUs can clock over 4Ghz and tops at 165w tdp...

Unverified leaks. How will this play out? All of the remaining lavalake-x CPUs can clock over 4Ghz and tops at 165w tdp. Given sufficient cooling, Intel still holds the HEDT crown.

It's still insanely impractical at that price point. Sure, you need every last ounce of power? Get an Intel?

You a sane human? Get an AMD.

>given sufficient cooling
Fucking chiller will fail to cool 18core abortion.

>dual core boost

>Given sufficient cooling

Come on, don't be a bunch of wusses.
The stock liquid nitrogen cooler of those CPUs will work just fine due the innovative "safe nitrogen capsule" design of intel*

*Capsules sold separately by $19,98 each, or $150 for a pack of 10

7900 smashes into 4ghz all core and uses 180watts at stock? So a 7980 if left with these stupid suicidal turbo settings will want to use ~320watts at stock (4ghz) settings if it's not thermally throttling, how in the world is anyone expecting to be able to overclock these fucking things, regardless of cum tim,

It's ~220watts stock for 10core model.

i doubt you will get more than or even 4GHz overclock with these on all cores
The frequency in the chart in op is for maximum dual core frequency

OH MY GOD LEAKS EVERYONE

>tops at 165w tdp
It's not clear how Intel reaches this number. TDP is not power consumption but even ignoring that, they may be defining TDP as the cooling requirement required to prevent throttling in non boost situations. It's abundantly clear that turbo boost essentially ignores TDP, leading to throttling back to base clocks very quickly.

Essentially, these chips bring the MacBook air mentality to the high end desktop platform. That's not a good thing.

It's sweet that intel is trying to be competitive.

Oh hey intel, hope you don't mind a $50 price reduction on the ryzens

Just my observations on what the other x299 chips have been doing which at stock have been turboing to 4ghz and giving these horrible thermal and power results. I'd understand if they just let off the gas a bit with bios updates and it was early systems etc, but they don't seem to be stopping, x299 would probably be a perfectly fine platform if they just left it all at sensible clock speeds (ignoring pci and memory lane segmentation and drm raid and pissing off motherboard vendors)

TDP is purely a marketing segmentation thing, but it vaguely correlates to how much power a product will use (or at least it used to, intel doesn't care anymore).

~90w being a modern high end desktop part, ~65w being normal desktops and ~35w for small units and laptops. Vendors will design their cooling systems to match these requirements and then use appropriate parts in them otherwise they throttle or overheat, some companies don't care about that though (apple for example).

Workstations have always tended to have decent cooling for this kind of work, but no one seems to car about x299 built for gamer by jews, the vendors have pretty much stuck with aios in their prebuilts and that would probably have been okay if it weren't for jizztim.

>~90w being a modern high end desktop part, ~65w being normal desktops and ~35w for small units and laptops
While I more or less agree, the numbers have always been somewhat flexible with Nehalem being the last one to stock to those numbers. Since then laptops have dropped to 15 watts, consumer desktops have climbed to the 80s and HEDT chips are hanging around the 120-160 watt mark.

Regardless, my point was that Intel seem more focused on burst speeds rather than sustained clocks, which works well (even brilliantly) for an ultrabook or tablet but makes absolutely no sense for a workstation where, for example, users will be handling 4k videos from a DJI camera of some kind. That situation would put the machine into at least half an hour of sustained load, which is well into ThrottleTown.

>Intel is retarded and wants to segment Xeons from HEDT shit
No fucking shit pal. Jizz TIM in HEDT exists only to segment them from Xeons.

No, TDP is a rating that says how much cooling it needs. It's more of an average heat generation rather than power usage, since power usage depends on activity, while TDP depends on how much heat the cooler will need to take off for it to remain a reasonable temperature.

Looks like we're in for a 300W housefire at stock turbo

IT LOOKS LIKE A 4.2 ON THE TOP ONE!

They are still pretty much guidelines for oems to use products in. They are allowed to change and it's the manufacturer (intel/amd/nvidia in this case) who gives their products a tdp. Like both the 290x and 290 are both 225/250watts so the one cooling system is designed to accomodate both of those even though the 290 uses less power. 6700k and 6600k fit the same bill again even though the i5 will use less power,

It's a bit muddy in retail and gpu aibs will all overclock these days and everything and it's dog turbos. But in theory an oem should be able to tune their product in bios to fit their performance requirements or they can believe intel's lies and should have to weather the fire of poor reviews when they exceed these specifications. No one is calling anyone out though.

Skylake shipped with those numbers, actually. The difference between the 6700 and the 6700k was 26w, or 65w and 91w respectively.

With that said I'd be hard fought to defend the variance in performance between the two as extreme enough to consider the 6700k a leg-up on the 6700, frankly the only difference is likely minor binning and unlock tax from Intel.

L
Loving the 44 pcie lanes on a cpu that costs 1700 usd

4.2 HYPE
CONFIRMED

It's evident given until recently that it was a segmentation based on application, though. You wouldn't ever want a 7700k in a laptop, you'd have a housefire, likewise the 65w CPUs have a higher aptitude for silence, finally when the constraints are removed you have 90w+ chips that require more involved cooling and will likely be used with the highest interest in performance.

Isn't ThreadRipper 64 lanes? And plenty at half the cost?

"Whoops" - Intel

> (You)
>Isn't ThreadRipper 64 lanes? And plenty at half the cost?
>"Whoops" - Intel

Hurr durr intel "customers definitely wont need more than 44 pcie lanes" AMD "how about 64"

>All of the remaining lavalake-x CPUs can clock over 4Ghz

In your dreams, Shlomo. The VRMs on any current board would melt into a small puddle trying to overclock any of them that high. They can barely handle the 7900X as it is.

>165 watts
>18 cores
>jizz TIM

These things are going to throttle at stock clocks, aren't they?

>2.6ghz
pathetic

>HEDT crown
>44 lanes
>Deuturium reactor PSU recommended
>Quasar temps
>toothpaste inside
>raid keys

>165W @2.6Ghz
At 4GHz it would be 400W easily

500W. Socket meltdown.

>Given sufficient cooling, Intel still holds the HEDT crown.
Their 18 core already loses. Suggesting you OC it when it can barely handle the 10 core OCed is ludicrous.

IT NEVER FUCKING ENDS

>7640, 4/4, $242
it's dead, jim

Did they sell even a single one of those? I think there's more review samples than consumer purchases.

>Intel still holds the HEDT crown.
For now.
AMD has a good chance to take the crown.
Intel will have to sit on their throne without it.

alibaba sells LN2 machines

I urge you not to underestimated just how retarded Intel's customer base is.

>and the seriously say with a straight face tdp is 165w

>For now.
>AMD has a good chance to take the crown.
>Intel will have to sit on their throne without it.
Unfortunately they still hold it among expensive workstation models, most of those i9s have xeon variants for 2p desktop boards. There's no 32c threadripper or highly clock high TDP epyc.

That's a niche beyond niche.
What's next, Intel has 4S+ systems and that's relevant?
Ha ha.

>Intel still holds the HEDT crown.

>Intel still holds the HEDT crown

I'm an intel consumer and I don't consider myself retarded. I just bought a new 6850K for $300.

Similar price to Ryzen, but has that nice compatibility with OSX (hackintosh), and my OC is over Ryzen's. My temps are fucking 28C, too.