Buying a new laptop

Hello fa/g/gots

>Be me
>Turned 19 2 weeks ago
>Have to start Uni soon
>In need of a new laptop
>Installed ubuntu on my craptop
>Want to buy macbook because I choose software engineering course on faculty of technical studies
>Live in Serbia
>Got sum money I saved
>Want to buy a macbook pro, because of Unix, but its over 2k euro for base new model
>Can buy a nicely specced Windows laptop, and afford some PC upgrades
>Every fucking article I read recommends me a macbook

wat do?

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/shop/product/FLH12LL/A/Refurbished-133-inch-Macbook-Pro-29GHz-Dual-core-Intel-Core-i5-with-Retina-Display-Space-Gray
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

delete this thread, for starters

Remove kebab

Don't be so harsh user
I am an autistic faggot

Install Gentoo

Sta ce ti koji kurac macbook, kupi laptop sa windows na njemu

Sta ako ti ljudi preporucuju da skocis za grade jel bi skocio ?

Ne bih brt, ali mi treba laptop koji ce mi trajati, a ima Unix shell, samo OS mi treba...

Buy a Thinkpad

Nigga, just get a refurb like I did apple.com/shop/product/FLH12LL/A/Refurbished-133-inch-Macbook-Pro-29GHz-Dual-core-Intel-Core-i5-with-Retina-Display-Space-Gray

I got this yesterday and I have absolutely no regrets, I love this thing. And I also have Solus installed on my craptop.

>>Installed ubuntu on my craptop
>>Want to buy a macbook pro, because of Unix,
off yourself

No shipping famalam, and tax is ludicrous

>have to start uni
>at 19

hAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

I don't understand

>I want to go put myself into horrible debt because its socially accepted of me even though roughly less than 10% of common degrees are even worth a shit
>And even if you get a degree worth any god damn thing you still need numerous personal connections and increidble luck to even think about getting a job worth a shit after college

never mind the fact that at 19 its super unlikely you even have half a fuckin clue what you wanna do when you grow up, you may THINK you know, but you don't know son, you have no fuckin clue. So to summerize

You've been brain washed by baby boomers into thinking you need to go to school
you have no idea what you actually want to go to school for so you're about to lock yourself into a shitty profession you dont really like for the next 30 years
And thats assuming you even graduate
And thats assuming you even get a fucking job after you graduate

So really, enjoy flipping burgers and sacking groceries at wal mart for the next 20 years paying off crippling debt

You fucking dumb ass.

I don't have to pay dumbass, my uni is state payed because I was excellent student in my HS, and got enough points on my entry test that I took when choosing my education, I am on something called "Budget"
+ if I excell as a student, I can work for my professors for a good salary

OP is not from US
Serbs have different education system

Which series?

Oh.

Well.

Get a Macbook with applecare. If you're poor just get what's in your price range. I own the 2015 13" and I love it.

I'd only get the 15" if you were planning on making it your main and only computer. I have a beefy ass desktop for games and shit i use so it works

Are you retarded? Not every country has that super backwards uni system that you do in capitalism central. Plus our uni degrees are actually worth something unlike yours.

I am not.

I stopped reading OP at the part I quoted.

I'm over it, I apologize.

I hate this shitty country.

>>Want to buy macbook because I choose software engineering course on faculty of technical studies

What makes you think you need a new laptop to learn software engineering? I've done my whole comp sci using literal garbage laptop running NetBSD. The only "trouble" with it was when some shithead professor insisting on using windows for labs. But times have changed since then and nowadays courses are more platform agnostic.

Son, admit it's just an excuse to get your parents to buy new shit for you.

Kupi thinkpad i baci hackintosh

Don't worry user

It's ok, nice from you to tell young Americans not to attend college and invest in their knowledge

Well, I never did "real" development
It was all just the useless developing in Visual Studio with C# and Java, making useless apps to learn something

I kinda like the concept of making stuff on my PC and that's why I chose that

Thank you for telling me that, I will buy a decent Windows machinge and dual-boot in with Linux

>>Live in Serbia
>>Got sum money I saved
FUCK OFF YOU STEALING CUNT

oh also students get 12% off but i can't find serbia on the store

where would you get it from

>Both baba's alive
>18-th bday money saved
>Worked summer job

Itz legal user :DDDDDDD, stob being a fabbot

don't buy a macbook you ***WILL*** regret it
> no repearabilty
> no upgradability
> specs are too low for the price
> no I/O
why would anyone buy this apart from the beautiful design ?

bet your brand new bmw proves that

hes a serb hes not buying shit he'll just steal it from some tourist in italy

this looks like esperanto

Yes, buy a piece of shit no good for anything.

@OP, what you want us to say? It’s your money. Can’t have your cake and eat it,

We don't have iTunes store

BUT FUCKING MONTENEGRO DOES

>FUCKING MONTENEGRO
>LESS CITIZENS THAN WASHINGTON D.C
>WE HAVE 10 TIMES MORE CITIZENS

lmaoing@ur"country"

Fucking idiot.

It has the fastest components you’ll ever get on a laptop that’s not a space hater.

4 thunderbolt 3.0 ports is “no I/O”, go fuck your self!

don't listen to these poorfags,
I've used a specc'd out macbook air for the first 2 years of my university and did fine. Just recently I upgraded to a 15" touchbar because internships pay well + scholarships. It'll do everything you need and not make you look like a comp sci faggot

p.s.
don't waste your time with the mech keyboard meme. Just save up the dough for a hhkb pro 2 and never think about it again.

Better-a watch out Mario

I might steal-a your Macbook-a

>wat do?
Hang yourself.

i'm not from the med m8 i just really like shitting on you gypsies

Wow that keyboard looks neat, I dig it

Good to know

can i come bum you

Not a poofter m8

i really don't know if you are joking or not

congrats, thunderbolt 3 adapters exist for all those thicc ports

tfw you have to carry a shit ton of adapters that you have to pay extra for on top of the overpriced laptop in order for it to be useful.

2016/2017 models are shit

>calls himself autistic
>wants a mac instead of thinkpad
you failed the Sup Forums autism test right here, get out normalfag
also have you tried not reading paid shill articles and maybe using your own brain instead of following what the articles say and what is trendy, dumb iSheep

Kupi polovan thinkpad (T530/T540/T430/T440) na kupujemprodajem i iskorisi ostatk para da napravis server sa ~16 jezgara i gtx1080 da imas za bukvalno bilo sta sto ti padne na pamet

Ako je student moze i sa x serijom proc da mu je lakse

m8 I wish I went with a Mac.
I got an Asus laptop for about 1 grand. Not a gaming one, an actual high performance machine.
The battery is a joke. Lasts 30-45 minutes if you're careful.
The adapter is literally the size of a brick.
The screen was held into the bottom of a plastic chassis by two small screws. Obviously, the stress of opening & closing the lid after 4 years has torn the screw mounts.

Windows slowdown is real. I can't actually run Windows 10 for too long before wiping the machine and re-installing Windows.
I've been running linux on it for a while now, since Windows takes up so much RAM you can barely open more than a couple of programs.
At this point, I'm saving up to buy an almost fully specced-out Mac Pro at 3 thousand.

Videću Thinkpad da uzmem a server neću praviti jer nemam baš iskustva sa xeon procesorima, a precenjena je 1080-ka u MP, našao sam svakako Ti verziju za 750e, uzeću kontam Ryzen 7 za svoj komp, trebam novi cpu uzeti svakako

Kul :) srecno na faksu!

I have the 2017 15"

The 10bit display is amazing.

I also have Asus Aspire E (craptop that I mentioned), and it's literal shit, it's 200+ euro price (at the time) couldn't justify how shit it is
Battery lasts 30-45 minutes and fucking HDD was held by 2 screws, any little bump shuts that piece of shit down, battery is shit and falls out sometimes, windows is useless and I have to use Ubunu on it which runs smooth, but still can't help it. I just need a reliable laptop that has a good battery and is light to carry AND can get my shit done without installing IDE-s and hoping they work

Hvala !