Intel i7 7800X gets beaten in gaming by Ryzen 1600

techspot.com/review/1450-core-i7-vs-ryzen-5-hexa-core/

Something must be wrong here. Is Intel just out of their minds? Isn't Skylake-X supposed to be great at gaming? How can a $400 CPU lose to one that's $220?

Maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges here, but as far as I know, that CPU is supposed to be for high-end gaming. I don't know.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mTQ6ymQIY64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buy Intel if u wanna be taken serious!

It's because of their changes to the cache and uncore. Coffee Lake is coming, which won't have those changes, and will have six cores along with 7700K-esque clock speeds. It's going to destroy both of these things for gaming.

>ryzen 5 running at 4.0ghz
>stock 7800x runs at 3.5

I CANT' TAKE THIS ANYMORE

Are you blind or just retarded?

seems like the game is bottlenecked.

are there more games tested?

I thought Sup Forums didn't care about gaming

basically this

>not running games at the 2017 standard: 240x135
Fuck off, amdrone

>not playing games in 600x480 on a 4k screen
wtf is wrong with you?

800x600
640x480
320x240
160x120
80x60
40x30
20x15 = the only valid benchmark

disgusting but true.

Just oc the fucking mesh.
It will just perform same

>not 4x3

Hello sir, I ask that you please delete this post
If you will we here at Intel have a special offer for you.
Email us at [email protected]

That's bullshit though. Overclocking the bingmesh does little to nothing for its gaming performance.

youtube.com/watch?v=mTQ6ymQIY64

>Running games at all
Come on now, its 2017

>Coffee Lake is coming, which won't have those changes, and will have six cores along with 7700K-esque clock speeds.

Unless 14nm+ to 14nm++ is some sort of miracle, not happening. They already milked that cow once. Diminishing returns will have kicked in already.

Also, the chances of it coming out this year are slim to none. We haven't even seen motherboards yet and the supposed leaked release date is in August.

It's already happening, friend. Skylake-X is a very good overclocker when you keep the heat and temperatures under control. People are getting their 7800Xs to 4.8GHz quite easily, which puts it very much in 7700K territory. It still doesn't perform in games at that speed due to other factors, but those won't be in place for Coffee Lake.

There's no reason to think that it won't overclock AT LEAST as well as Skylake-X. In fact, it'll almost certainly be better on that front, being based on Kaby Lake and not having the huge heat and power draw increases that were down to the architectural changes Intel made. It's just a 7700K with two more cores.

Leaks are starting to pick up pace as well, so I wouldn't be too worried about the release date.

7700K is already a pain to OC w/o delid and watercooling so I don't see many people hitting 5 GHz on these at all.

>that voltage
>jew jizz
>smoll 1151 IHS size
How do you cool that?

You run it for long enough to get your cinebench result and avoid meltdown. Then hide the temperature readings.

there is a reason as to why they test them at iceland...
the only country with big enough heat exchangers

The 7700K certainly IS a massive pain to keep cool at 5GHz without delidding, which is why I find it dumb when people talk about it as the "standard" overclock for it, but they do anyway. In reality, 4.8GHz is more achievable on every chip, on air, with no delidding. Matching that should be no issue for Coffee Lake, given that hexa core Skylake-X parts are already doing it, despite their inherent heat and power disadvantages.

>hexa core Skylake-X parts are already doing it
While being housefires and having a bigger IHS.

>Even when clocked at 4.7 GHz it is still slower than R5 1600 at stock
>R5 1600, not even XFR enabled
>R5 also consumes half the power
top fucking kek, intel dun goofed real hard this time.
Those new CPUs are rewriting the definition of housefire.

>While being housefires
It's like you didn't even read my posts in your rush to meme.

>a bigger IHS
Irrelevant. We're talking a tiny increase in surface area, and Intel's thermal paste does a piss poor job of transferring heat from the cores to the IHS anyway.

That's assuming Intel is even binning these for higher clockspeeds.

that game is capped at 120hz you colossal lying mongoloid

nu/g/ is infested with /r/amd, so they force feed gpu bottlenecked, or other gaymin benchmarks when it makes an amd cpu look decent while downplaying the other more popular games.
Benchmarks with games that shit on amd =
>go back to Sup Forums
Benchmarks that where amd can keep up =
> look at dis guise

>1080Ti
>m-muh bottleneck
>fucking amdfags!

>Different architecture
>Different clock speeds

Found the retard.

If something Sup Forums likes is good at gaming, gaming is important. If something Sup Forums doesn't like is good at gaming, gaming doesn't matter and they'll tell you to go to Sup Forums. This board is just shills arguing with shills forever.

Sup Forumsaming

>nu/g/ is infested with /r/amd

yeah because nvidiots and intel shills don't shit up the board every time they have a major launch, just how new are you

OY VEYYY STOP THIS NOW GOYIM!

WE NEED TO SUPPORT ISRAEL BUY MORE INTEL CPUS

SHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What the fuck was Intel doing all this time, too busy focusing of Diversity Hirers?

That does not inspire any confidence that you'll be able to easily OC Coffee Lake.

Maybe if you're retarded I guess. 4GHz all core turbo out of the box compared to the 7800X's 4GHz single core turbo, and the latter can reach 4.7-4.8GHz easily.

Yes

They aren't binning mainstream CPUs the same way.

They literally didn't fund feminist frequency though, what are those fake news writers at breitbart even doing?

They did waste 300m on diversity hiring, but they did not fund femenist frequency. Literally fake news.

7800X w/ 4000C17 > 1800X w/ 3600C16

proof_chicken.png

Can you post a more retarded benchmark?

Is it the straffinik?

Why does thou insult thy main reason you're not still on a pentium 4?

Is the desktop market even really that big of a deal? AMD isn't going to make mad money until they launch mobile CPUs, right? EPYC looks amazing, but it'll be at least a year before they start selling those in volume because security reasons.

Is the Breitbart

>SHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
my sides

Hey he is a visually impaired mentally challenged person

I HATE AMD I HATE AMD I HATE AMD

Intelcucks, this is your mindset.

Kys urself

Listen to this go- I mean boy

>bus speed 99.98MHz
>core speed 5000.00MHz
HMMMMMMMMMMMM
REALLY MAKES YOU THINK

One thing I notice here is that I'd expect the CB score to be more like 1694 at 5 GHz. That's a whole 100 points off. Probably whoever got this sample couldn't cool it properly and it was throttling thus the lower score.