How do you kill your entire new like of cpu's?

how do you kill your entire new like of cpu's?
just make them even worse than the previous one

intel 2017

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UfNMn7RWgLw
sammobile.com/2017/07/28/samsung-ends-intels-24-year-reign-becomes-largest-chipmaker-world/
extremetech.com/computing/244074-intel-atom-c2000-bug-killing-products-multiple-manufacturers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Coffee Lake is going to be amazing though. The ultimate gaming CPU. Essentially a six core 7700K. AMD may quite literally never recover.

Coffee Lake does not have the architectural changes which cause Skylake-X to draw so much power and generate so much heat. Start counting the days, my dear Pajeets, for the night of the long benchmarks is coming and no Ryzen will survive.

Riiiiight, because the 7700K didn't have it's own host of overheating issues, and adding two more cores is definitely going to help that.

The 7700K's only issue was dimwits pumping excessive voltage through it and then wondering why it got hot. Right out of the box it's still by far the best gaming CPU on the market.

>intell tells ppl not to oc their 7700k to avoid overheating
>6 core 7700k
>intell jew jizz instead of solder (most likely)
Coffee Lake will be picrelated

Nah, it doesn't matter at high resolutions and it's basically useless for anything else because of the low core count.

If I played at 1080p I'd get it, but I play at 4k

it was till 1600 came
youtube.com/watch?v=UfNMn7RWgLw
they are basicly on par and given the lower tdp and thermals on 1600 7700k isnt even considered anymore

>no Ryzen will survive.

They will if Intel isn't keeping their price points, and AMD has smaller die-sizes with better yields in case there's competitive pricing.

>16/32
>2.8 GHz
>1700 dollarydoos
Why would anyone chose this over Threadripper?

If Coffeelake shifts the current lineup but with +2 cores then AMD will just cut prices until their next lineup comes in somewhere in Q1

There are kinds of people who will buy Intel no matter what.

>brand whores
how do we ban them from Sup Forums - Consumerist Babble

they OC better.
admittedly they might catch on fire while doing so but clockspeed is the only advantage that comes to mind

>covfefe lake
and shortly after that launches we're gonna get 7nm for AMD for CPU + GPU, which will probably destroy Intel's mobile lineup.

>which will probably destroy Intel's mobile lineup.
Raven ridge will start to do that. They were competitive in mobile with what they could salvage from the bulldozer trainwreck, now they actually got a decent CPU arch and manufacturing that's almost on par

Why are they selling a i5 for it? Does intel believe that even the most normie person would but that?

*buy

vega is still shit though. amd needs better GPU. 7nm will solve the power consumption problem at least.

>7nm will solve the power consumption problem at least
Ha ha no.
As long as you can make more powerful GPU by adding moar ALUs - GPUs WILL be hot and hungry.
Both GP102 and Vega10 are nice fucking heaters.

Great, more pootel stutterfires.

128 CU Navi GPU when?

Supposedly Navi is MCM so...
... you know the drill.

>Skylake-X gonna BTFO POOZENS LOL!!!!1
>Coffee Lake gonna BTFO POOZENS LOL!!!!1

It's like fucking clockwork.
Add
>Icelake gonna BTFO POOZENS 2 LOL!!!!1
to the list.

probably. I still have some hopes left until monday, but i agree it isn't looking to good. But for IGPs that really doesn't matter, because even if they might be a bit behind nvidia in some areas right now, they are still very very far in front of intels shitty IGPs.

Intel marketing will hammer them on power consumption though. They claim that Iris Pro is equivalent to dedicated graphics, which it really isn't other than the shittiest dGPU possible.

it's questionable if intel keeps the efficiency crown. Just look at bristol ridge. It provides way more graphics performance, and especially under GPU load is already more efficient that current intel offerings. And that thing is produced on 28nm.

I goddamn love the housefire meme.

it's evolution is quite funny. Started with nvidias thermi, switched to AMD and now intel got the shitty end of the stick. I wonder who it will be next

Everyone's had their turn in the hotseat. Thermi, Bulldozer, Vega, Bentium 4, i9's. NVidia seems like they're next on the list. Big dies + hardware scheduler would turn Volta into a nuclear inferno for sure.

Nvidia has produced a lot of housefire shit before Fermi

this is true. my 1800x just killed itself after four months of usage. never overclocked it either. ran it on stock. why would i overclock it anyways when it comes shipped by default at essentially overclocked levels.

been getting complete system lock up lately and now they turned into complete out of the blue system reboots. checked event viewer in windows and windows is reporting whea errors. critical ones too. not just warnings.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 0
&
Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 15

from googling all i can find is "faulty cpu" "dead cpu."

guess the cache on those cores are faulty. worked amazingly well for the first two months too. always made sure to update to the latest bioses too. been running the latest 1.0.06 agesa since it got released for my board last month.

ugh. amd makes processors that will kill themselves at stock settings. should have kept intel. i learned my lesson. requested a warranty replacement and amd approved it. emailed me a fedex label. will ship it off and when i get my new one, will sell it on craigslist and go back to intel.

at least intel makes fully functional processors.

amd not even once.

>pic related
amd's face when one of their users go back to intel

RMA and get a replacement is too hard. Same shit happens regardless of brand.

Graphics cards are just hot regardless. Off the top of my head;
5800ultra
hd2900
8800gt had poor cooling
8800gtx was just a monster
and that's not even considering every titan has been 250w heaters.

this stuff never happens with intel. period.

>he fell for the rypoo meme

I don't think there enough cooling exists to support the better oc though unless you get some dual 400mm rad custom loop

even installing AMD cpus is better than intel's

That sucks, but I just Googled "Reported by component: Processor Core" and all the results on the first page were Intel, soooooo yeah. Don't think this is an AMD or Ryzen specific problem. Shit happens.
I love how every time anyone has a bad experience with Ryzen these fucking shitheads all pop out of nowhere lambasting and acting like all Ryzen or AMD CPUs have problems no matter what. You oxygen thieves need to be exterminated.

neat

those are false flags put in place my poo in the loo amd shills. if you actually talk to REAL intel users they NEVER have cpu problems.

stop falling for amd shills.

>they properly apply TIM
good job MSI, you finally figured it out

I owned a presshot, dont' talk to me about intel problems.

I also had to rma a 6700k, a couple of x170 and an x99 board. New intel stuff just sucks compared to even a few years ago.

you have to tight down scrolls to lock the cpu into place? how awful. at least with intel you just pull down two levers and alakazam, you're done.

see intel takes the time to help you, the user, waste less time putting your computer together.

>pic related
amd with their screws

sammobile.com/2017/07/28/samsung-ends-intels-24-year-reign-becomes-largest-chipmaker-world/
uh-oh intel

>you have to tight down scrolls to lock the cpu into place
Retarded phoneposter detected.

you can't blame intel for user error. intel cpu's have no problems. period.

There literally never was a division but in Pentium right?

Using it was the error.

Oi vey Intel CPUs would never have problems

extremetech.com/computing/244074-intel-atom-c2000-bug-killing-products-multiple-manufacturers

This is assuming Coffee Lake launches this year at all. All we have so far are rumors. And keep in mind Kaby Lake only launched this Feb.

>extremetech
$0.02 cent's have deposited into your account rajeesh.

*Refers to the maximum dual-core frequency that can be achieved with Intel Turbo Boost Technology

KEK

What is clock speed with 18cores?

probably 2.9 GHz max turbo on all cores

1.8 when it throttles due to jizz paste and not using a chiller.

what's wrong with i5 ?
I've got a 3570k don't you dare tell me I made a mistake those years ago.

we're talking i5 on HEDT platform, which is fucking retarded.

>HEDT
>44 PCIe Lanes
KEK

if you need ECC and intel it's not like you have a choice

considering the 10 core i7 was about 90W over it's TDP and the VRMs were already melting with that one it can't be to high. They'll probably have to lock it down like crazy and hard limit it to 200-250W, otherwise you'll get fucked up performance once the board force throttles to shit tier speeds when the VRMs overheat completly.

What about all the dead Atoms?

They don't count, because reasons.

Nice argument there bud.

(You)
How much do you get paid for this?

I can tell you the 12 core proc boosts to 3.6GHz when all cores are under load. Pretty big drop off from the 10 core which does 4.0GHz on all cores.

>ugh

>here's a pic of (you)

Does XE mean X-ray Emitting?

eXcremEnt

kek

Whom'st'd've are you quoting'th?

The only way Intel can make a comeback is by shifting tehir whole lineup up while keeping a similar price point.
Celeron - 2C/2T
Pentium - 2C/4T
i3 - 4C/4T
i5 - 4C/48
i7 - 6C/12T

Keeping everything the same, just with a 6 core on top for $375 makes no sense.

It is so cute that moar corez suddenly started to matter when Intel announced 6 cores i7. :3
Wasn't it "4 cores is all you need" just a week ago?

Did I just walk into a shill thread?

As somebody who has an laptop with integrated intel graphics card, fuck intel. The thing started giving me problems when I moved into warmer temperatures, and I have to fucking hold my laptop steady now or it throttles me to 20% CPU usage.

But Intel is going to do it right! They're going to have both the cores and the clocks without starting a nuclear flagration! This time I swear! Honest!

Idiots that think more cores = better!

They are really just "rejected" server-tier chips.

7960 and 7980 are pants on head retarded to get . The only winners are 7800 and 7820.

>AMD may quite literally never recover.

Thanks to Intel's past criminal behavior, yes.

Cannonlake and above should be 8 corez for i7 with 10 corez for the Xtreme Edition at the same range as today's pricing

The 7800 is garbage. Worse than the 1600X on average.
The 7820 is considerably better. More cache, higher clocks. But it's $600 for a CPU, and like $300+ for a motherboard, and there won't be new better processors on the expensive platform like with AM4.

This whole idea of upgrading from a 6 or 8 core on X299 is stupid because the power usage is so fucking atrocious that the 10core and higher aren't actually upgrades. AM4 will likely/supposedly offer actual upgrades with later generations that clock higher, use less power, architecture improvements, etc.

>even installing AMD cpus is better than intel's
HP has had those on their Xeon servers, its nothing new

I mean, aside from not being any faster in AAA games than an R7 with 3600mhz ram, sure.

oh look amd shill(s) posting the same fake news screenshot of bogus benchmarks.

all you amd shills do is lie and spread fud. here's your ((YOU)) so now fuck off shill. don't you have a street to poo in?