I have a AYMD 280x and it shits the bed with memegrounds, should i increase these sliders for some more FPS or not?

I have a AYMD 280x and it shits the bed with memegrounds, should i increase these sliders for some more FPS or not?

The game is in early access and shits itself even with high end cards. Solution? Refund that piece of shit and buy a real game.

>buy a real game
There is no other game in the BR world better than PUBG, sadly.

werks on my i7 6700k and 1070

It works with a card released this year? Who woulda thonk it.

It doesnt go much faster than that any way.

1070 was released last year you tard.

amdfags live a year in the past thus vega is success according to Sup Forums shills

>tfw time is moving so fast but you don't give a shit anymore

And the 280x 4 years ago.

The vega is not even out yet, why are you so upset?

I wouldn't bother. PUBG isn't optimized at this point. It's still in open beta, and gpu manufacturers don't seem to have bothered releasing driver fixes for it yet.

Game runs perfectly fine on mid range cards. Don't know what you are talking about. Was playing it on high setting with a 760 before I got my 980.

>Game runs perfectly fine on mid range cards
Mid range from this/last year, i can barely push 30 fps in some zones with everything on very low on my 280x.

what resolution?

1080p obviously, anything less is unplayable for me personally.

>1080p obviously, anything less is unplayable for me personally.

You won't believe the amount of idiots who buy high end cards and still play at 768p and complain about shit performance not realizing that CPU is being the bottleneck.

Like what the other anons have said, the game is in beta and performance will be very random meaning if you upgrade to a better GPU the performance won't necessarily be better.

Crimson drivers have had a longstanding bug with 7900/2x0x series cards and overclocking/underclocking. If you have dual monitors, your idle clocks will drop to 300/150, which will result in screen flickering on one of the displays.

as it stands PUBG is heavily CPU bound at the moment

This means anything?

>if you upgrade to a better GPU the performance won't necessarily be better.

A friend of mine has a 480 and the game runs above 60fps for him, im waiting for vega to see how that turns out and if they make nvidia lower prices at least.

I want to buy a card that can play games at 1080p60fps for at least 5 more years.

>1080p60fps for at least 5 more years.
If you are not an ultra settings fag then any mid range card from the past year would do you just fine.

I don't know what to tell you. My 760 ran it fine. I experience more server issues then actual fast drops.

turn everything but textures and view distance to low, turn textures to whatever quality you can tolerate, optionally turn scale down some; even on a 290x the game runs like shit at 1440p with view scale on 75 and everything low (textures medium view distance max)
like all early access shitstain games it's not optimised at all and runs like shit on every system, don't expect the devs to fix any of the performance issues or bugs or rendering glitches any time soon, although others have said they have improved over earlier beta versions these games never really end up in a 'finished' state

Upped GPU Clock and Memory Clock by 100Mhz, not sure if i have to turn up power too? I have no idea what im doing.

Yeah already have those settings and the .ini modifications.

early access was a mistake, it kills every incentive the developer has for finishing a game.

It also helps developers that couldn't otherwise afford a full development cycle to do so while presenting users with a basic idea of what the game will be.

Its up to the developers, the only thing Steam should do is stablish a limit of time for when you can call your game "Early Access" to 2 years.

Yes, turn power to +20%. This raises the amount of power it can draw before the card throttles.

>the only thing Steam should do is stablish a limit of time for when you can call your game "Early Access" to 2 years
Sounds like a legit idea, a lot of shovelware will end up in the trash and only serious developers will remain. I wonder if Steam will implement such a policy though.

Done, should i keep upping gpu and mem by 100Mhz until it fails?

Max the memory slider and apply

stop using furmark, it will kill your GPU. Put Heaven or some other benchmark on loop. That is better and safer way to test your overclock. Start with 100 Mhz increments and when it fails go low by 50 Mhz and so on.

I maxed both earlier and the PC died with weird vertical lines.

>he doesnt use sapp trixx or msiab

This is the state of Sup Forums lads, about as knowledgeable as your average normie gaymer faggot holy shit how fucking disappointing

People that know less than you make you upset? I just want a simple way to get a couple of FPS more from games.

>People that know less than you make you upset?

Yes

> I just want a simple way to get a couple of FPS more from games.
Overclock it then, but do it properly you fucking shitter

>Yes
It must be sad to be you, nice reddit spacing btw.

Works like shit with my sapphire 7950 and current AMD drivers. I get the aforementioned 300/150 bug, and voltage is locked in afterburner, and doesn't do a damn thing in trixx. Never fucking buying an AMD gpu again. Nothing's changed since ATi days. Just shit drivers.

>It must be sad to be you

Yes, it is because there are many people that know less than me so sadness is inevitable

every time i increase the power or speeds on my card my shit crashes, why is that?

What card. How much do you increase?

I have an R9 fury, which overclocks just fine in both applications, so does my r9 290x. But... Then again you have a 7950. Having a non reference card might restrict you from the over volting but the drivers are the cause of this bug.

I honestly dont have any problems with my fury, but i havent had Nvidia since the 500 series.

>Never buying AMD again

Out of principle and spite rather than the current state of their products? A rather emotional decision for someone you'd think is able to think objectively since you're into technology

It's a sapphire 480x, if i use the sapphire tool or the amd tool to increase the power limit or the gpu voltage even by like 5% more it'll crash

>Then again you have a 7950. Having a non reference card might restrict you from the over volting but the drivers are the cause of this bug.

What i meant is that i dont have your card, and i cant see whats going on on your screen. And if you card isnt reference it might be causing restrictions.

Voltage increases by itself wont cause a crash, core or memory offsets will. Get it right faggot.

The current state of their drivers. If I use afterburner or trixx, those settings are reflected in overdrive even with a clean install of the drivers and me not touching overdrive. That means trixx and afterburner become just useless frontends.

Also, the known issue, which has been known for a year at least, and hasn't been fixed. Adjusting any clock, even downclocking, with dual monitors on tahiti cards, will result in the card going to the lowest power state at idle, with 350/150 clocks. This causes one of the monitors to flicker. Overclocking worked just fine, but AMD broke it and doesn't seem to give a shit.

I've been buying their products since the radeon 9800, and there's always something screwy with their drivers eventually. I don't know if nvidia is any different, but I'm just sick of AMD's shit right now. Saying never again is hyperbole, I'll admit.

downclocking do the same? what are your idle clocks when you change something?

Glad to see you come to your senses bro.

Anyway, ive been considering a 1080ti myself because i want an upgrade, and AMD doesnt seem to be providing an upgrade significant enough.

Fanboys are shitters, look at current state of products and use your own brain. I owned 4 i7s until ryzen released, sold my i7 5820k and board for 600 and got a 1700, very pleased with my decision.

Even if you won't buy AMD, wait a month after Vega release so Nvidia cards get cheaper.

Ill see what vega can do at launch.

To be fair, Hawaii has made massive strides in performance since launch (they're still very capable cards if the drivers work properly)...

We'll see, but i want to try something new.

It's a 1080 that will eventually turn into a 1080 ti half a year from now, right before Volta launches ..

downclocking doesnt seem to do anything negative
i increased everything a bit and the screens went weird, they were all like olive drab.
current speeds are around 1300 and 8000 on idle right now

>afterburner or trixx
why would you even use these instead of wattman

I was testing a 7870 and got pretty much the same fps (same settings) as my r9 390, except I didn't feel my room heating up. What the fuck AMD

weak piece of shit... i can smoke the fuck out of this with my 2007 optiplex 330 with a couple of simple mods:

-one green 140mm LED fan on the front
-noctua nf-b9 default fan swap
-one 92mm fan behind heatsink shroud
-one 92mm fan at back for exhaust
-2 piece discontinued ddr2 4gb ram
-4gb zotac gtx 1050ti mini
-xeon e5450 with pin mod
-cpu socket notch delete
-BSEL FSB tape mod overclocked to 4.1 gigs
-256gb samsung 850 pro ssd
-notcua nt-h1 thermal paste on cpu heatsink
-delidded cpu to apply new paste on cpu die
-500w EVGA power supply
-windows 7 professional edition updated to the lastest version
-dazloader 2.2.1

i'm getting 348 frames in CS:GO because that's the only game you should ever play

Don't even buy this game anyway, the Developer is a Snowflake.
He perma-bans people without evidence, just people tweeting him accusations.

>I wonder if Steam will implement such a policy though.
Why would they? As long as it's selling then it easily pays for whatever bandwidth it could possibly take up to distribute it. Any marketing was already a sunk cost anyway. There's just no incentive for Steam or the developer to do shit once they've made enough dough.

you're voltage locked and have a paltry 120% max power limit. to start Max the PL open heaven/valley at your gaming res. crank the core clock until it artifacts, turn it down a little under stable.
now pause with spacebar and start cranking memory until it artifacts. lower until you have the best stable frame rate and no artifacting.

All there is to it. Might need a more aggressive fan curve if auto isn't keeping it in check.

I'd only expect 10-20% more frames on the stock bios, you're prob going to have to lower game settings unless you are just under 60fps.

Somewhere out there is someone who did this for real and not just as a Sup Forums shitpost. He probably rages when he gets headshot on de_dust.

that was pretty gud . Shingotel cpus were soldered until ivy bridge though.

Just wait for the gooks to figure out how to optimise for unreal 4.

It's an incentive for them to keep the quality of their library at a certain level though. Certainly they don't want Steam stooping to play store levels.

I did something similar for my nephew; I only added three more fans, added the xeon, added 8GB of RAM, and a basic 1050 mini. Dell motherboards can't recognize 1666FSB CPUs, like what the BSEL mod would do.

How can I make the pasta better? I'm also glad someone else caught the reference, Sup Forums is too stupid and thinks this mod list of literally dozens of Skyrim mods is serious.

True, but Steam has such a strong business model and so little competition in their space that they can afford to let the very profitable early access games linger "in development" for years because most people just aren't smart enough to realize what's going on and react negatively to it.

Steam does a decent job relegating shovelware to areas of the marketplace that you can't really stumble upon by accident.

up the core.
leave the vram.