Should I buy the Ryzen meme to upgrade from my i7 2600k or hold on until next year and see if Intel will pull its head...

Should I buy the Ryzen meme to upgrade from my i7 2600k or hold on until next year and see if Intel will pull its head out of its ass?

The i7-8700K is going to beat the shit out of the 1600X, but if you want 8 cores, Ryzen is the way to go.

This coming from someone who went Phenom II -> Bulldozer -> Ryzen.

>next year
>Intel pull its head out of its ass

maybe like 5 years m8

WaitForIntel™

either buy the 1700 now or buy whatever is best this time next year.

I'm buying a low-end kikeripper and waiting until the 16 cores come up cheap on ebay

>The i7-8700K is going to beat the shit out of the 1600X
All we've got is two conflicting leaks and no solid release date or information.

The only thing that gets Intel to pull is head out of its ass is AMD now. Whenever Intel takes a big lead on market share they invariably shove their head up their asses which issued takes around 3-5 years for competition to worry them enough to pull their head back out.
>Cyrix and the 80x86 era
>AMD T-bird in the early 2000s
>Ryzen this generation

>Phenom II
the sad part is, that was a good little chip in terms of bang for the buck. I press-ganged my old 965BE into a home server, it sits in a corner with a load around .4 or so. Much like Intel's Core 2, it's a sturdy chip that just keeps going and going and going and going...but of course, everyone has to have the newest and latest.

Not him, but I think its safe to say mhz for mhz the i7 is gonna be pretty far ahead of a ryzen cpu.

The question is the price and what its used for...

I'm guessing the hexa i7 is more expensive than the ryzen 1700, so if you need more cores/threads and are on a tighter budget, the 1700 is the way to go.

If you don't mind paying more and all you want is future proof your gaming rig, get the coffee lake i7.

Its not like any of them are gonna struggle with pretty much any task for fucking many years down the line.

my language can evaluate this

(+ -2+4i -4i (+ 25 52) (+ 1 1))

Ryzen 7 1700 @3.8GHz is like a 2600k with twice the core count.

>tfw still use Phenom II today.

I am considering ryzen but I think I have to buy the crosshair to get 3200 dual channel ram

It remains to be seen. They'll probably stay ahead in IPC, who knows. But AMD got some stuff going too. Their arch is brand-new, the first 2 iterations or so they got all the low hanging fruits to pick to increase IPC. Intel is done with that since sandy bridge. They also get access to a new high power process that IBM will use for their SPARC CPUs, not the 14nm smartphone SoC LPP stuff they have now. So probably higher clocks and no more 4GHz wall. And right now their offerings are damn competitive.

But "we" don't matter anyways. The money is made in the OEM and server market. We just get the scraps.

No, they fixed that months. Boards work with what's in the QVL and pretty much all stable RAM overclocks

Clock for clock so far Kaby Lake has held a small advantage, and the 8700k looks a lot like Kaby Lake.

I benched my 2600k at 4.8ghz(2400mhz ddr3) vs my roommate's 1700x 3.9ghz(3200 ddr4).
Games at 1080p swapped sides a lot, no clear winner in pure fps.
1700x felt smoother but I can't put that into numbers.
1440p: zero difference
4k: zero difference

2600k shits the bed if you try to use Adobe premiere or a bunch of programs at once.

So I'd wait for ryzen 2, or the 8700k.

even B350 boards? I don't see mine on the qvl list unless I am dumb, first time doing this

I think so, but with those you run into TDP problems when OCing the 8cores. At least with some boards. I'd just get a cheap, decent x370.

Just buying RAM from the QVL is easiest and safest, but as long as it got identical timings, subtimings, voltage and frequency as something else from the list it usually works. As far as I know there are no known unstable memory configurations anymore (unless of course the memory or CPU itself crap out at the set timings/frequency/voltage,but that's normal)

>using the heat from your gpu to cool your ram
>using the heat from your gpu and ram to cool your cpu
>using the heat from your gpu, ram, and cpu to cool your vrms
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS

Thanks user, I appreciate your help.

No problem and have fun

If the water gets >15°C above ambient you're doing something wrong. Rule of thumb is at least 120mm 40mm radiator per 100W.

silly user, you want cooler components and hotter water, not the other way around
tsk tsk

You're a fucking idiot, loop order doesn't matter, its the cooling capacity in total.

Its not "heating up" the water

Using Gigabyte AB350 gaming 3. All of my issues were fixed with aegsa 1006.

Ur a fucking moron
>using the heat from your gpu to cool your ram
Ram block isn't functional, it's all looks

>using the heat from your gpu and ram to cool your cpu
Loop order doesn't matter
I've had it before and after and temps were identical

>>using the heat from your gpu, ram, and cpu to cool your vrms
Again, loop order doesn't matter

>WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS
You have no experience in this area, please KYS

I like my ryzen meme

>Ram block isn't functional, it's all looks
but i'm the retard? LOL
>if water is absorbing heat from x
>said waters temperature will thus rise
>having heated water running over components you're trying to cool
real smart, l2thermodynamics pls senpai
P.S
fuckoff liquidcooling shillfag, your shit build and its eventually water damaged components belong in the trash, as do you.

yes shill, water doesn't absorb the heat from your components, the radiator and entire pool of water instantly and magically does!

No need to upgrade. Check out Coffee Lake, if it's not that great then wait for the next best thing.

>fuckoff liquidcooling shillfag, your shit build and its eventually water damaged components belong in the trash, as do you.
Wow, much jealous, such delicious.

You are an AMD Moron.

I'm using an i5 2400, and I have exactly zero need to upgrade. That said though, I probably will anyway, to a Ryzen 1600, just because it would be fun to play around with a new µarch. But not out of actual need.

>real smart, l2thermodynamics pls senpai
Not him, but more importantly, the water even after heated from the GPU, is probably still much cooler than an air-cooled heatsink on the CPU would be. That's why the loop order doesn't matter.

Ryzen IPC is higher that skylake

I'm using a 2600K at 4.6GHz and don't see the point. It still runs everything I need it to just fine, including all the latest AAA gaymes at 60fps.

I'm on the same boat except I own a 4770k

Then I checked gaming benchmarks and its just a bit slower compared to the 1700X

I'll just wait for Meme Lake and Volta

I can even wait for Skylake-X to mature just like Ryzen and snag the 7820X

>l2thermodynamics pls senpai
Why don't you? Just as a simple example, if you have a flow rate of 3 l/min, that means 50 g of water circulate across the components every second. It takes 209 J to heat that water 1° C. So if your GPU use 200-300 W, that means the water will be 1-1.5° C hotter when it passes over the CPU than it would have been if it had come directly from the tank. No practical difference whatsoever, in other words, senpai.

There is no maturing for skylake X
Ryzen is a completely new architecture which is why the maturing meme applies
Skylake X is skylake with maximum bingbus and more cores and a higher TDP, there is nowhere else to go for it

Just ordered that exact same board today. Looking forward to the upgrade.

I like amd but you're delusional.

Jesus you are fucking stupid.
Let me make this perfectly clear.
LOOP ORDER HAS NAVER MATTERED!
do you know how much the fluid temp increased after running through a 5970 at 1,050mhz?
1C
after 500watts of hd5970 fire, temps went up 1C VS what's coming out of the rad.
That's means at MOST, the CPU temp will increase by 1C
And in real world tests, it's doesn't increase at all.

That's an Intel cpu senpai

wait for 7nm zen.
intel admitted their 10nm will be slow.

>your shit build and its eventually water damaged components belong in the trash, as do you.

I'd like to note my fluid is non-conductive.
I dumped a glass full of older fluid on a HD 5770 and NOTHING happened.

After 6 years, those same blocks and fittings are still leak free.

>No source
>No context
Here's Cinebench from GN, just as a throwaway. Ryzen's lower IPC is a truism at this point, and is regularly remarked upon by all reviewers.

>300 mhz slower than 7700k
>no RAM listed
Wow really activates my almonds what a great IPC test

>4ghz thuban beats sandybridge OC to 4.5
LOL cinebench is fucking worthless

>All at completely different clockspeeds
are you fucking retarded? You realize we are talking about IPC here right?

I'll put money down that they didn't turn off turbo boost for the stock intel tests

intel needs to pull a super sayan blue with kaioken to be able to match zen2
we are talking about a node that will offer casual 5ghz to everyone now if intel dont do anything well they will get bitchslapped so hard that zen launch will be as nothing

so we are back to "CINEBENCH MATTERS" now?

i really hope they keep their promise of bringing zen 2 with AM4, I hope this platform actually lives a while

amd told the press they will only change socket when the new memory arrives

Aren't we expecting DDR5 next year assuming japan doesn't get flooded or shaken

expecting and be mainstream is 2 diff things senpai

I'm aware of that, I wasn't aware of which one AMD was going off of