A+. N+ cert crap

So I just spent about a week looking at videos to train for certs that you reccommended I get before applying for any kind of Sup Forums job. Things like A+, Network+, etc.

Am I supposed to memorize tables and tables of random numbers and shit in order to pass this crap? What the fuck is this? I work a real job, 8+ hours a day and then do other shit on top of studying and by the end of the day I cannot remember all these random numbers

Other urls found in this thread:

cbtnuggets.com/it-training/comptia-a-plus-220-901
cbtnuggets.com/it-training/comptia-a-plus-220-902
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you just download some practice tests and spend a couple hours on the topics you fucked up the most

Certs are a waste of time unless you want to be a pajeet

having comptia certifications will get your resume thrown out for being a gullible retard
it doesn't help you find a job at all
if you want certs get vendor specific like cisco, juniper, red hat etc. but this is case by case thing and you can end up throwing huge sums on knowledge you will never use

>I cannot remember all these random numbers
Good luck getting any job then.

I can tell you've never done a ccna

wrong, that's how you get your resume thrown out by a dumb bitch in HR because you couldn't bother with some easy shit

CBT Nuggets yourself mah nigga.

cbtnuggets.com/it-training/comptia-a-plus-220-901

cbtnuggets.com/it-training/comptia-a-plus-220-902

First get the A+, then N/S+ and then specific certs that pertain to your dream job. Currently I'm studying for the A+.

>Good luck getting any job then.
I figure if you had a job, you would have the numbers printed on a piece of paper or open in a document instead of having to remember every specification for every product like printers didnt exist. I mean seriously wtf

>p-please do my worthless certifications
t. pajeet

t. Arch Certified i3 Configuration Engineer

Go to a community college/trade school/vocational school and get a IT associates degree for free/cheap( depending on where you live ) . Most offer part time etc. education options.

>memorize tables and tables of random numbers
Why the fuck do you want a tech job if you obviously don't give a flying fuck for it

I've been programming for a couple as a hobby and I dont have to remember shit. I just search for what I need. I even have 6 watches / 9 stars on git

Only if you want to prove to your employers you're literally useless.

Im so glad your contribution, which is of you being a HOBBY programmer, is so relevant to this thread. A+ is a hardware repair cert, not programming you useless fucktard

>Why the fuck do you want a tech job if you obviously don't give a flying fuck for it
>programming computers isnt tech
user I...

I have an A+ and N+. With just those two certs I've never had a problem getting an entry level IT job. If you want a higher paying job, you need better certs or a degree, but CompTIA will definitely get you into the game.

You absolutely will need to interview well though. You will every time be going against people with better credentials. Most IT people are spastic autists, thankfully.

He's right, programming isn't really IT in the sense of a company's IT department.

user he said "tech" not IT. Learn to read please.

and what do you think entry level tech is?

> Am I supposed to memorize tables and tables of random numbers and shit in order to pass this crap?

Welcome to IT, where you have to be able to recite algorithms and data structures in order to pass a whiteboard interview. And do it while smiling and dancing while they shout criticisms at you.

Good luck changing jobs in your 30's...

Nobody calls someone who writes software a "tech" you cock drizzle.

if you go back and read my OP you'll see that this thread isnt about IT like you're sperging about but in fact "any kind of Sup Forums job". Thats an exact quote of my own words

If OP is discussing certs, he's looking at an IT job, which is a subset of tech, but since he's already drilled down to IT, it excludes programming from the scope of the discussion. Please learn to think.

This. OP is a tremendous cock nuzzling fagit.

this

should've known you were a fucking idiot when you said A+ was too hard

kek

Some friendly advice user: If you don't have a passion for tech (and I know that's the most cliche fucking word ever - but meaning that you *enjoy* working on tech just because it's tech and you think it's fun and interesting) - then stay out of the field. It moves fast, there's a lot of bullshit, and burnout is a constant threat even for people that love it.

If you don't love it, you will hate it.

lmao, agreed

You're obviously replying to the wrong person.

Programming isn't really IT. The kind of interviews you're talking about are for programming jobs. IT interviews will consist of asking about OS and server fundamentals.

nope

We all are. OP should be publicly executed by a firing squad. He should have been born a blonde and gang raped in a dark alley instead. FUCK.

>i figured if I had a job
>I've had no trouble getting entry level IT
Interesting. So you're either full of shit, or, you're not the one I was replying to, and now you look like a turbo fuckhead

Nope, you're just stupid.

So you put the chip into the socket of the right motherboard and make sure the heatsink is on properly?

Every major company in the world has their software developers under the IT division.

Where did this meme that CompTIA certs are garbage come from? Literally every single job posting I've looked at asked for at least net+, and sec+ is one of the first certs you need to get to enter the network security sector. It's not going to land you a 100k starting job with those alone but it shows you at least have a broad but shallow understanding of how systems work.

You can show how informed you are in the interview, because that's what it's for.

I just assume you're a neet with no experience if you spout that crap.

if all I got is a associates degree in IT, will that set my foot into the door?

Give me a break, the CompTIA certs are baby stuff.
maybe you shouldn't be in tech

yeah for an internship at your community college lol

then you can get your A+ and work helpdesk at a big company, if you're lucky they might pay for you to get microsoft certs or cisco or security+ and network+ or whatever, depending what they need and what you want

I got an A+ cert a year ago and I haven't been able to land even a shitty geek squad job. I'm going to die a neet at this rate.

>Red Hat

That cert is fucking expensive....

Agree with this. A associates carries heavier weight than a certification. It also provides skills leading to heavier certs as LPIC-1 CISSP and CCNA

Honestly, you need to look behind the lines with jobs and certs.. they say those but if you have higher certs or more expereince that outweight most certs out of the box.

Wrong.

experience->learn minimum java->learn to pass an advanced interview->any tech hub job-> developer->management

That shit might get you a entry level helpdesk position or something.
As soon as you get employed you do this and you take out loans to do it if you must:

1) figure out what an associates degree in a programming or computer science or tech discipline looks like at your community college.
Figure out how many actual programming classes are in that degree.
Practice java online.
If it seems insane take python, vb, ruby, or js if not then skip this step
start applying for jobs 1 a week. Use a resume template with a little color but plain solid shapes.
take java.
Read all of cracking the coding interview.
Then try to get into development or management as you slowly finish your degree. Take your math, networking, database, and programming courses first as much as you can.

If you go to evergreen you can count any 2 year mess of credits toward a computer science degree and be in close proximity to seattle. I think if you can bum around town 6 months before starting school you can get in state.

Avoid expensive schools nobody gives a fuck just get earning good money as fast as you can.

Get as close to where wealth starts as you can.

taking an accelerated combination of A+, NET+, MSCA, and MCSE courses along with a paid voucher to take the cert at the end. You wouldn't believe how retarded the classmates are. All ghetto. Spanish or black. Constantly laughing at the most inane shit, don't know how to type commands into powershell or the most basic windows hotkeys. These basketball americans and fence hoppers are the future of IT and there's nothing we can do about it.

About to start a part time IT job at autonation for $15 an hour. I've worked at a library for 6 years making $9 dollars an hour and am just now getting my shit together so wish me luck.

Fucking this. I went to apply at a company for software engineering/development and they told me they weren't hiring for IT at the time. I just got up and left.

What is the name of that type of job?

I got a bachelor's in IT and have been trying to find my first job in the field.

You seem overqualified for a starting job like mine. I have a general associates degree and I'm taking IT courses. All I did was apply to a shit load of jobs for a couple of months and I've been getting calls every so often. and now I'll be starting on Monday. It's just a basic IT job on the ground assisting the full time IT staff. Once I get my certs I'll be able to move up to a more full fledged IT position. Also don't listen to anyone on Sup Forums that claims comptia certs wont get you a job. On the countless interviews I took, all of them had at least A+ as necessity. It may be retard level IT, and you may not get the best IT job starting out, but you literally just have to start somewhere. Every person in the field I know started small. About 99% of Sup Forums are NEETS who get hard off of bringing you down to their NEET status. They'll tell you steak is disgusting and shit is delicious if it means they get to see you eating shit.

I would just like an entry level IT job at this point that isn't like a help desk or call center.

I've been looking for six months for something and I need to stay in my area in order to help my family out due to reasons.

I've had interviews recently with stuff, but of course they haven't gone anywhere. So now I'm just searching for a part time job while looking for an IT job.

What kind of jobs did you look at, because all I've been looking at is business analyst and stuff on indeed and feel like I am just running in circles.

Funny that you mentioned autonation since I am also in the Houston area and just looked at their site an hour ago.

But anyways, congrats on getting that job.

net+ and sec+ are definitely good, sec+ you need by default to typically get gov't / military contract jobs as a civilian