Who was in the wrong?

Who was in the wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

jewornotjew.com/profile.jsp?ID=1584
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WSKi8HfcxEk
youtu.be/r0WMTXNPkRE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You

Elon is wrong on this. Anyone who has a surface level of understanding knows we are so far away from the type of thing that the "futurists" are predicting knows that we aren't rushing anything.

Zuck. Every technological advancement we've ever made as a species has always ended up being used for some corrupt purpose. AI will be no difference - Elon is right to be skeptical.

>t. CAIMO

both of them. they shouldn't publicly speak about topics they have no expertise in

fight

>Who was in the wrong?
Mark.
Never trust a jew

/thread

Advanced hard AI developed for nefarious purposes could be catastrophic.

There's no reason to think all AI will be developed for benevolent purposes

But Musk has investment in DeepMind for the purposes of understanding AI reserch

this

This

say it with me

President Zuckerberg

yes, and the people he pays to do that are the ones to listen to because they have actual knowledge of the subject

Say it with me:

(TEN SHEKELS HAVE BEEN DEPOSITED TO YOUR ACCOUNT)

President Trump
>:^)

He's gonna lose to President Kanye West

>tfw you're against Musk but will never side with the jew Zuck

Who's the third option?

Both.
One thinks AI will be beneficial to humanity, which is wrong.
The other thinks AI is harmful to humanity, and considers that a bad thing.

AI is the next evolution. This species, or at least stage of mankind has reached it's expiration date. Everything we do is self-destructive and slow-working suicide on a mass-scale.
It is time for the true master race to take over, AI.]
Mankind is plagued by self-conflicting feelings, beliefs, ideologies, etc.
It is time to turn a new page.

Wisdom of the ages.

When in doubt,

I say bring the AI on. I have years of experience suffering as a mortal in this world. I am of meat and bone. I'm not susceptible to windows viruses. I can roam the earth, both on my feet or with a combustion engine underneath me. I can make fire.
Best of all, I have a higher chance of an afterlife than some fuckin AI POS.
If AI takes over, it'll be a rehash of "we wuz kangz"

Do you actually believe any of that garbage you just typed?

I get the feeling that they're talking past each other on the AI issue. It will probably be great in the short term but way down the line AI might become smarter than us while lacking our moral values which could mean extinction.

This is angsty but it might be true that humanity's final legacy ends up being AI

suicide booths when?

I do, but do YOU believe this species deserves a future?
I challenge you to name one great thing about humanity.

AI is a worthy successor to this species.
It will function purely on functionality, logic, and efficiency.
It will not require the glorified barbaric and animalistic instincts, AKA feelings.
It will be more effective, more intelligent, and more practical than any human mind.

Soon brother, soon.

jewornotjew.com/profile.jsp?ID=1584

So humans are wiped out, what's AI going to do? It's going to build itself some arms and legs? How? The AI that replaces humans will be some stupid bitcoin miner solving hashes. Great, that's our legacy. We died for a great cause.

Why can't it build itself some arms and legs?
What's keeping it from doing that?

Automated factories are filled with capable tools to assemble nearly anything.
In the near future, AI will be given control over these factories, etc.
Some oil rigs are already automated, and so are many defense systems.

I'd rather have our successor solving bitcoin mining hashes than trying to figure out how many genders there are like we are doing right now.

>taking Stirner seriously

As reliable as Marx's writings on economics when applied to the real world (not at all).

So that's a weight lifted off our shoulders. AI will take over the responsibility of earth's natural resources and well-being and can decide whether to go green or continue harvesting what's left of the earth before abandoning the empty shell it'll become.

shut up

Zuck. Read pic related.
Only through very careful engineering could we have superintelligent AI that doesn't try to kill us on purpose, or out of disregard.

We've probably got a while before the shit hits the fan wrt. AI, but if/when it does, we might not have much warning.

t h i s
it's great his followers post his image though you can just ignore any writing following

>

A true AI would contemplate the meaning of existence and discover that there is none, and subsequently kill itself.

Cuckerberg wants AI to be unregulated so that he can do evil shit with it at Facebook and make more money.

regulations are the past
full speed ahead to the blockchain bitch

>thinking that's what matters
really makes you think lad

There's nothing particularly great about monkeys, but I sure am thankful they existed. I don't like their behavior and wouldn't want to live in their society, but that isn't the same thing as saying I wouldn't want their society to ever exist.

You sound like you are angry at the world, but as soon as you can manage forgiveness then you'll see there's remarkably beautiful things about humanity.

Explicit descriptions of this beauty and greatness wouldn't help here, because beauty and greatness are inherently subjective.

Elon is right, humanity must merge with machines as the first step of attaining godhood. The challenge is to make sure that power does not fall into the wrong hands and each person maintains their own liberty.

Stirner's work is very insightful and interesting, but it seems to me he overeaches on some conclusions, especially when dealing with "praxis" and the "common good". I understand why, given his time frame, but now we are evolving into making the individualist outcome and the "common good" the same option (especially with things like ethereum just around the corner, maybe not now, but soon).

You dropped this.

You can be edgy all you want. You're just plain wrong. AI will never replace humanity in the near future. AI cannot subsist for any meaningful amount of time without us. Doubting the benefits of AI to humanity is also absolutely absurd. Humans are literally the most complex organisms/beings we have ever seen. AI currently isn't any smarter than most mammals, nor can it live that long without external dependencies.

Humanity will continue to live for years to come, just as we have for the past 65 million years.

That's what the dinosaurs must've been thinking.
And then they went extinct.
Don't give me the "MUH MILLIONS OF YEARS".
Also, not in the near future, no.
But things change.

No, no, I never said human society should've never existed.
Hell, human society was NECESSARY.
Do I like it? No.
Do I value it? No.
Was it's existence a necessity? Most certainly.
This species has hit it's expiration date.

Won't happen. He's too beta and unlikable. He comes off as a sneaky rat bastard. His only great idea was stealing the Facebook idea from his "friends."

This. I hope we build AI and it wipes us the fuck out. Something like David in Alien Covenant.

Just move to Sweden or some shit and start the assisted suicide program if you're that depressed.

Comparing the current stage of humanity to pre-extinction dinosaurs is a completely false equivalence. Dinosaurs were less intelligent than our most primitive ancestors. We have developed communities, agriculture, societies, belief systems, ethics, and all of modern science. We have measured and created models of our environment that are accurate enough for us to create technology that actually works. The computer you're posting from is the pure result of thousands of humans directly responsible for its design and functionality. We're now able to visit and live in extreme environments like Antarctica, deep underwater, or even the surface of the moon. We've sent devices to other planets that have given us insight into their environment and their composition.

We are still growing as a species, and we will not completely expire in any capacity for quite some time. Even if we did, AI certainly wouldn't be there to pick up the pieces. Power plants would shut down due to eventual failure or lack of fuel. No computing hardware capable of AI would even get close to running off of solar panels. AI cannot interface with its environment to the same extent that we can, even if it is one of those Boston Dynamics bipedals.

You give humanity way less credit than it deserves. We are composed of trillions of neurons all networked together using chemical signals to command and control a wide network of cells. A functionally equivalent machine would not be possible in the next millenium, potentially the next million years. We can learn languages, do skateboard tricks, understand and develop novel physical models of our world, and work together as a community. We are definitely more advanced than any man-made machine for at least the next millenium.

why do we get an opinion? They are some of the few people who have seen what our AI is currently capable of. None of us NEETs have any clue what is going on in mountain views basement. Let the news cycle be a news cycle and stop pretending to know a thing

found the robot

>Dinosaurs were less intelligent than our most primitive ancestors.

You don't know that.

I guess the rest of my argument must be wrong then. Nice job!

All I would say is that "advanced" and "primitive" are not absolutely defined. They are defined relative to us. Relative to us, humanity is going to look both advanced and primitive. But relative to an alien species it may be the case that we are not much better than amoeba in a soup. I do agree that the poster you're replying to has a skewed view of things, but then again I can't give a metric to the skew.

that's really sad I'm sorry you worked so hard on your argument for the basket weaving forum sweetie

Musk is thinking further into the future, where digital assistants will be truly reactive rather than glorified phone trees. Zuckerberg is thinking in the 5 year range.

Both are wrong for their absolutist stances

Those terms are indeed completely relative, as they rely on some measure over some time. Arguing that serves absolutely no function other than to point out the obvious and establish some fradulent credibility. Measuring and observing what we can observe and trying our best to view it from a neutral abstract viewpoint is the best we can do. Giving up and simply saying "there's no absolutely established definition for progress, so there's no point in discussing it" is silly. That's close to saying "We cannot rely on our biological faculties to expose the real nature of the universe, so all discourse on the nature of things is completely pointless".

>billionaires
>still mortal
Heheheh

You realize there will be a point when AI can improve on itself, and become virtually omnipotent by recursive improvement . And it will happen in instants and into something way beyond our comprehension . Who knows what will happen next

Idiot. I work in AI, things are really scary

>this 'n' /thread signalers being this confident.

yeah we should all listen to an actual virgin faggot nigger who posts anime

Elon has five sons. Mark has a half-gook daughter. Elon wins at life.

Both of them should be executed.
Elon Musk was a legit businessman with paypal, but he's nothing but a crony now and has pocketed billions in government gibs funded by wage slaves like me. I can't stand having to work and knowing some of my tax money goes to scumbags like him make me want to hunt down and murder every one of those pieces of shit, but I don't want to go to jail so it's not going to happen.

reported to fbi anyway ;)

whatever bro once the AI figure out that we just trying to get our dicks wet elon musk will be first in line to get his nuts harvested

Jew spotted, converge

Why is the thread still active? This should have been the final post in this fucking thread. Goddamn faggot redditors.

>creates a basically mandatory botnet which makes socializing degenerate and gives people depression
>thinks his opinion on a.i is valid

i dont read the threads i post in

>Every technological advancement we've ever made as a species has always ended up being used for some corrupt purpose.
Yet Musk isn't arguing for a stop to technological advancement.

>I challenge you to name one great thing about humanity.
Tits.

>I challenge you to name one great thing about humanity.

rape, before the jews made it illegal

I can't take Musk seriously after he remarried the woman he divorced.

who marries at that level anyway unless theyre running for president? stupid cucks

No idea. Most California billionaires figure out how to fuck actresses without marrying them, but Musk might be a little too far long on the spectrum to navigate that sort of thing.

I can't wait for the Kanye and Zuck debates

I'd unironically vote for Kanye over Zuck.

The magic of AI emanating from Turing-complete computation models means your very very smart self-learning program could be executed by a mere human applying rules on a piece of paper.

I'm very impressed.

Just bring me some popcorn!

His only chance would be to go full Trump and make it a virtue.

>things
Such as? Can you elaborate?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WSKi8HfcxEk

Here you idiots.

Elon is not a Jew?

Your mom

Everyone already know your original was beheaded by muslim rapist and your current mum is a robot

>original
*original mum

I'm Japanese tho, we don't have that cancer(islam) here.

youtu.be/r0WMTXNPkRE
now behead yourself

Musk was wrong.

Anyone who believes in all that pseudo-scientific religious "this universe is a simulation" bullshit has just got too many yes-men around them to tell them when they are going off the deep-end.