Bye Linux, it was nice until you got infected with AIDS. My tribute to the end of an era

Bye Linux, it was nice until you got infected with AIDS. My tribute to the end of an era.

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2017/07/24/underscore_domain_name_bug/
lwn.net/Articles/576078/
iwf1.com/linus-torvalds-creator-linux-kernel-fed-systemd-bugs/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DELETE THIS

Since when is systemd integrated into the kernel without any way of removing it?

GPL is such cancer only redhat, NSA, and wannabes of the previous two will put business bux into Linux and as a result it ends up being privy to retarded malware anti-features like systemd. When BSD gets a legit launchd port and drivers accelerate don't be surprised when permissive licenses eat up the first mover advantage Linux has. Would be nice if someone with huge cash like google decided to pick up plan 9 to make things really interesting.

I believe that the eco system of the BSDs is mature enough and advanced enough to carry on as is. In short big business, google, red pants, et al are only detrimental. Look at what happened to Linus Sebastian's baby!

Industry use without capture is a huge boon. Netflix for example has a financial incentive to contribute to FreeBSD but not the sort of capture RedHat has over Linux due to GPL. Netflix can't reasonably push anti-features but it can easily fix bugs.

>is a SJW/political faggot
>uhmpffff it's probably political, I dun like
I want to strangle people like him

>people like him
Germans? Agreed, is there anything those autistic fucks haven't ruined?

I always liked GPL, but I never thought of that. What exactly gives red hat their capture over it though, can't people just fork stuff? Even with a permissive license you could still push anti features.

Oh, so you're just here to shill BSD? You know very well that systemd isn't a part of the kernel but rather a separate init system that can be replaced by another one if you want.

Daily reminder that systemd is FOSS (Free & Open Source Software) and that it is good software that fulfils the needs of modern devops, sysadmins, regular users and even application developers. Since work on systemd project restarted in 2010 and it's initial inclusion in Fedora Jan 2011 it has gained code contributions from over 700 developers worldwide and became the default init system and session manager in every major GNU/Linux distribution since 2012. Developers from each of these have commit access and have helped to design and shape systemd to fit their needs and unify core system between distributions over the last 5 years.

However as great of an improvement as it has proven to be it has attracted many paid trolls and mentally ill Linux users who spread lies and FUD about it, a large group of these single out developers and attack them with constant trolling, abuse, stalking and even death threats. Many of these 'people' are from the *BSD camps; after Linux usage and contributions sky-rocketed 15 years ago they have been on a constant mission to cause trouble, including making threats of violence and rape against people who create GPL licensed code.

There are also thought to be many of these people on the payroll of Microsoft to try and destroy strong powerful FOSS projects by negative campaigning. Fortunately as usual for Microsoft their FUD and paid shills turn up 4 years too late and don't have technical arguments, making it obvious what they are: paid trolls.

Netflix, even though they're using FreeBSD still get fucked by systemd bugs:
theregister.co.uk/2017/07/24/underscore_domain_name_bug/

>he's so assblast about systemd he's using an inferior OS just in spite
>he thinks anyone cares
Whatever, m8.

"I think your attitude is pretty typical of systemd detractors, and that attitude is exactly why systemd is making a victory sweep across all major Linux distributions;

Since you are in total denial of any existing problems with sysvinit, you are of course unable to suggest any alternative to it, or begin any coherent work on an alternative to it. The denial also suggest a lack of technical insight into the problem, and the pathetic lack of any alternative development work also suggest a lack of technical ability to make such an alternative.

This seemingly leaves systemd detractors with only one option; negative campaigning. So they have wasted years of slandering Lennart Poettering and other open source developers and companies, and whining, ranting and trolling on web forums, but without any real technical argumentation.

Using derogatory terms, like "bloat", or "Windoze crap" aren't technical argumentation, just like copy-pasting unattributed quotes from random sites about "Unix philosophy" doesn't convince anybody serious either.

You are also alienating people who may have been sympathetic to developing alternatives to systemd; who wants to join a bunch of anonymous people who rant like lunatics, and who seems to enjoy smug negative attitudes against other open source developers.

So to sum up; you are just a loud minority who conducts negative campaigning, seemingly without any ability to gather people to construct a positive alternative to systemd. As long as you deny any problems with sysvinit, and deny any positive merits of systemd, you will be unable to analyse the situation and therefore paralysed into inaction. This of course will mean, that Linux distro after Linux distro will switch over to systemd. Enjoy the future with systemd on every Linux distro; your negative attitude made it possible."

"I remember being severely disillusioned by this in my early days. I read some article that explained how a "spell" program can be written to report the spelling errors in a file. It uses 'tr' to split into words, then "sort" and "uniq" to get a word list, then "comm" to find the differences. "cool" I thought. Then I looked at the actual "spell" program on my university's Unix installation. It used a special 'dcomm' (or something like that) which knew about "dictionary ordering" (Which ignores case - sometimes). Suddenly the whole illusion came shattering down. Lots of separate tools only do 90% of the work. To do really complete work, you need real purpose-built tools. "do one thing and do it well" is good for prototypes, not for final products.
The thing that annoys me most about systemd is that I didn't write it first!"

- Neil Brown
lwn.net/Articles/576078/

"The problem for Gnome and KDE is, that systemd is vastly superior to anything out there, and that it will help them dump loads of hard to maintain code, and give them easy access to make powerful distro-agnostic programs.

systemd provides a common, uniform Linux plumbing system that makes life easier for all user program developers. So of course Gnome and KDE will start to take advantage of systemd, why shouldn't they?

The main problem with those who for some reason or another doesn't like systemd, is that they are incredibly lazy. Instead of actually getting together to make an alternative development stack to systemd, they rant against Poettering and spew empty platitudes about "UNIX philosophy".

The most pathetic example of this anti-systemd laziness, is of course "ConsoleKit". It has now been unmaintained for +1½ years, but it is a crucial piece of infra-structure for any Desktop. But instead of either maintain it or make an alternative, anti-systemd people just rant against Gnome for no longer making it a priority to support this piece of abandonware. All rant and no work.
[...]
Yes, that is true last time you checked, and next KDE edition (KDE SC 5/Plasma 2) will of course also run on *BSD. But with reduced functionality on all non-systemd systems, compared with the systemd version.

This is not because of some sinister conspiracy, but because systemd offers easy use of many nice features that KDE and Gnome (and LXQT etc) would like to use, and non-systemd systems doesn't provide.

The point is exactly, that systemd is a very nice uniform Linux plumbing system, and that DE's are starting to take advantage of that."

Ok tell us how your run your Linux system? No systemd? If that is the case, you're either running devuan or spend many autistic hours configuring your system.

"I’m trying really hard not to suggest launchd here (so I won’t). The idea of registering everything up-front with a broker and then letting IPC / timers / HW events start things from there (in cascade fashion) is still the right architecture. Even the linux die-hards have essentially grasped the necessity of systemd (even though they’re going to hate on it for awhile longer)".

- Jordan Hubbard, FreeBSD co-founder

"I don't personally mind systemd, and in fact my main desktop and laptop both run it."
- Linus Torvalds, ITWire Interview.

>Daily reminder that systemd is FOSS (Free & Open Source Software) and that it is good software that fulfils the needs of modern devops, sysadmins, regular users and even application developers. Since work on systemd project restarted in 2010 and it's initial inclusion in Fedora Jan 2011 it has gained code contributions from over 700 developers worldwide and became the default init system and session manager in every major GNU/Linux distribution since 2012. Developers from each of these have commit access and have helped to design and shape systemd to fit their needs and unify core system between distributions over the last 5 years.
>However as great of an improvement as it has proven to be it has attracted many paid trolls and mentally ill Linux users who spread lies and FUD about it, a large group of these single out developers and attack them with constant trolling, abuse, stalking and even death threats. Many of these 'people' are from the *BSD camps; after Linux usage and contributions sky-rocketed 15 years ago they have been on a constant mission to cause trouble, including making threats of violence and rape against people who create GPL licensed code.
>There are also thought to be many of these people on the payroll of Microsoft to try and destroy strong powerful FOSS projects by negative campaigning. Fortunately as usual for Microsoft their FUD and paid shills turn up 4 years too late and don't have technical arguments, making it obvious what they are: paid trolls.
Thanks, if you are serious or not it made me lul.

>neckbeard

iwf1.com/linus-torvalds-creator-linux-kernel-fed-systemd-bugs/

Key, I’m f*cking tired of the fact that you don’t fix problems in the code *you* write, so that the kernel then has to work around the problems you cause.

…I’m not willing to merge something where the maintainer is known to not care about bugs and regressions and then forces people in other projects to fix their project. Because I am *not* willing to take patches from people who don’t clean up after their problems, and don’t admit that it’s their problem to fix.

Kay – one more time: you caused the problem, you need to fix it. None of this “I can do whatever I want, others have to clean up after me” crap.

Linus

itt: copypasta wars

i installed manjaro-openrc from the iso

I installed FreeBSD and rid the cancer from my system. The Linux kernel is maintained by a madman and has had many murderers and suicides as maintainers and developers. Linux is the OS of choice for lunatics and homosexuals.

FreeBSD is, but NetBSD like in the OP isn't, no really. It would be a pain to run in production.

No, Linux is the OS of choice for lunatics and pedos. MacOS is the OS of choice for homosexuals.

Year of pic? source?