How do you fight heat, Sup Forums ?

How do you fight heat, Sup Forums ?

>no lights on
>nothing plugged in that isn't required
>got a laptop and desktop? use laptop
>open window, close blinds (usually helps circulate air and depending on the way the sun hits your place it may keep your room cooler)
>last resort, gtfo of the house go somewhere else.

>electrolux
hahaha.

Use a fucking window AC, saves money by only cooling what you need and have it at the temp you want

>Be australian
>Freezing while the murricans burn
Fun times

"murricans" have central a/c (or even wall units for poorfags), you're thinking of fucking eurocucks, dumbass.

>undervolt gpu
>open window
>use desk fan (for those rare rummerdays where it getts hotter than 25 degrees

by not falling for the i9 meme

Homes in europe were built to suit the environment where they're built into, which is why they often don't have AC, and considering the climate, more than likely, they don't need AC.

Houses in america are boxes built to be put any fucking place the builder wants it with total disregard to the environment around it, like building in Las Vegas and the dumb fucks want to have grass on the front yard in a fucking desert climate.

Also, there are no window units in Europe as far as I can tell, don't know why, but you can buy a mobile AC on wheels. The problem is that when its over 90 degrees, no poorfag AC is going to fucking help you, you're just fucked. Same thing when it gets to below 20 degrees, no heater is going to fucking help you, unless you have your house completely air tight.

>over 90 degrees, no poorfag AC is going to fucking help you
Get the proper size AC for the room your using it in and even if its 95f it will keep the room a decent temp

>when it gets to below 20 degrees, no heater is going to fucking help you
that means just you have shitty isolation and windows. im totally fine here even if it gets to -25C

By wetting a towel with cold water and placing it on my head.

>missing the point
>using the point as counter argument

I am the heat.

>no lights on

The fuck? Here in the civilised world we've been using led lights and for longer we've used florescent

cfls and leds still put out a god damn ton of heat

I open a window

>le just pretending eks dee xD
Wow dude, that was fucking EPIC.

>65W Ryzen at stock clock
>twin 140mm tower heatsink
>1050 Ti GPU
>three 140mm case fans
>room temperature 23C

Your cheapshit Chinese LED bulbs have cheapshit Chinese powersupplies in the base to convert 120V AC down to whatever DC level the cheapshit Chinese LEDs need. Go ahead and try to touch the base of the bulb and tell me it's not putting out heat.

>living in strange climes
Why?

i move my shit to the basement every summer

naturally A/C cold it's fantastic, literally fucking magic. I know cold air settles first but it's still comfortable even if it's burning outside

I'm spoiled.

Even if it's like 100 degrees outside the inside of my house is a cool 60 degrees, I literally cannot sleep unless its cold as fuck, my A.C. is on 24/7 and the heater is on 24/7 in the winter as well. My house is always the opposite of the outside.

Nigga, a standard LED bulb consumes like 8 watts. A 100W incandescent equivalent consumes 13W.

I think 73F is cold as fuck, 74F is comfortable, and 75F is too hot. 73F for sleeping, 74F for weekend shitposting, and 75F for when I leave the apartment to go to work.

>power company recommends 78F to save money
Lol go fuck yourselves.

By not living in 3rd world country.

Have you felt how much heat even 1W of burned off, wasted energy is? It's enough to make a standard cheapshit linear regular just about melt plastic.

England really is G*d's chosen land, based perfect temperate climate

By not living in third-world shithole

A.c. is that expensive anyways, I keep mine 24/7 and it's only like $180 a month.

Where do you live?

>SLAVe
>"""fight"""
Yeah sure thing

Sweden is fine too

Have you been taught basic thermodynamics?
Rhetorical question, btw.

Run several Bentiums. The air-con at the firefighter's office is top notch.

>opening your window
>ever
have fun with all the mosquitos and silverfish to bite you and crawl into your holes

Curses! My one weakness!

>$180 a month.

Jesus I pay ~$60 a month for electricity.

>lol look at all those giant holes

What the fuck. Do silverfish bite? I thought they just ate all your shit.

not him but I always wonder if it's worth it to just install a window unit even all houses here have central cooling/heating.

i mean the computer and bed is in one room anyways

I think you underestimate how small the screen holes are.

Bigger things like fucking ants will get in anyways through the exhaust vents or whatever without seasonal pesticide use.

>not having -40 to 25C
>not having snow 8 months a year

I use a 100w incandescent because I like the light it produces

4 RX Vegas will keep you warm in the winter

what heat????

It's not. I had a one room studio apartment with a window unit. Ran it all the time and could barely keep the temperature below 77F. Cost me about $50-60 a month for electricity. I wasn't even paying for the hot water heater either, the landlord was paying for that. No laundry machines either.

Moved to a nicer apartment. Three rooms, water heater, clothes washer and dryer, dishwasher, and central AC -- all of which I pay for. I keep it 74F easily, and it still only costs $50-60 a month. The difference in efficiency is colossal, it's insane.

Sure it's seems cold compared to your homeland africa

HAHAHA EPIC!

i open my window and the door to ensure cross ventillation
If the air coming in is too hot i use a water atomizer on my face and clothes and make them slightly damp, the evaporation generates enough coolness

I dont own an AC or table fan, just a ceiling fan

Open the Windows.
Indiana is nice.

This isnt the picture I wanted, but it works I guess
Hopefully this one is the beach

windows open here and it's 32c in here
Britain

Thats not a beach either
Thanks LG, for not having any thumbnails.

When it's 80 to 100 degrees any extra heat you don't need you're gonna feel it.

My x220 power supply "doesn't get hot" when its 50 degrees but when its 90 that brick is on fire.

>thermodynamics

Are you saying extra heat in a room that is already hot won't increase the temperature of the room?

I have a windowmount swamp cooler for when it isnt humid as fuck and central aircon for when it is.
I like the swamp cooler more though because its a giant fan and it blows right on me.

Living in a white country

Open windows with a fan, but I have a Fujitsu 12k BTUs mini split unit in my room and a 22k in the living room. Electricity is expensive, but it's a small luxury overall.

What??

Light puts out heat, who would have thunk it.

but that didnt have to do with the efficiency of the AC, the studio apartment was in fact a tent you were trying to cool with the window AC.

Holy shit my CPU doesn't even get that hot.

Mine neither luckily, having an AC running 14 hours a day is helping, I just hope it will be enough for the next week... frigging summer.

South Louisiana. You don't battle it. You just succumb and pray for a winter that's cooler than 85. Opening windows exposes electronics to 90% humidity so that's a no-go too.

with an ax

Texas wins again.

in love