When will hdds finally start to drop in price? theyre going up wtf?

when will hdds finally start to drop in price? theyre going up wtf?

hahaha ikr xD
even my iphone is better LOL!

you can only so much lower the price until you hid a price at which the profit is at nearly nonexistent
hardware and production costs are a thing
this is why ssds will ultimately end up cheaper per tb

da faq are you talking about? we are currently in the middle of a huge price war on HDDs

>he fell for the western doggystyle meme

As soon as flood waters recede

1. Eat shit
2. Die

>firmware is exploitable by Dark Matter
No wonder they're liquidating. Feel bad for the suckers that fell for this meme.

shitposts

many people are reporting getting 8tb Red drives inside

lrn2supply&demand

Bought a 4TB drive for $65 last week. Sexy.

SSDs have less overhead with the physical drive, you don't need a motor and platters and head assembly and shit, but making flash chips still has costs and overheads. And with Moore's Law on life support its not clear that they'll ever be able to drive the price per terabyte down to HDD levels. Even if they can keep pushing flash density up, new fabs for smaller processes are expensive.

3TB hard drives were 1300 SEK 2 years ago

now they are 1000 SEK

slowly but surely my friend

>SEK
1 Schwedische Krone =
0,104929736 Euro

letrashbiniswhereitbelongs.jpg

>new fabs for smaller processes are expensive
this may be true but assuming it doesn´t start to stagnate it will inevitably get to the point of a lower price per tb
of course if my assumption is wrong then it is but that´s when we will have a different batch of problems besides price

Where?

some Western Digital hard drives had NSA implants in their firmware

who /Seagoat/ here?

technically it was $90 with a free $25 gift card

i did that about 2 or 3 years ago
friend knew a guy who worked at wal-mart.

6 out of 8 Seagate drives I've owned have failed on me and died. They were only from 2006-2008. Meanwhile I still have a WD2500YS from 2005, and even a Quantum Fireball lCT 20 20.4GB from like 2003-2004 working just fine.

mine fried couple a days ago due to power outage and i had bring it to repair shop where theyve installed fucking windows 10 which is shit crap system i dont want
i dont even know where is apostrophe on this keyboard now!

>being so poor that you complain about something you only buy once every few years costing and extra $20-50 and it being enough to keep you from getting what you want

I do not know this feel.

Does WD have cheap as fuck Shingled platter archival drives? I don't want to break down and buy Seagate.

>repair shop

well, theres your problem.. more like ripoff shop

it's the jews man

>demand is high
>oy vey, high demand means higher prices because of stress on production chains
>popular items need to go for high prices

>demand falls
>oy vey, low demand means high overhead costs per unit to keep factories running and stuff
>novelty items need to go for high prices

it's always fucking something