>Adults

Manjaro GNOME. I am a Lecturer.

Funtoo

Of course both systems are full encrypted with pin and yubikey 2FA

Solus

Justin Bieber OS

>we use Manjaro.
lol you are retarded

Windows 10 Enterprise in my work laptop and Windows 10 Home in my personal laptop.

Please, tell me why we seem to be retarded.
We need a simple, not so bloat system, which even runs smooth and wont crash sooner or later.

Arch. My choice of OS has nothing to do with my occupation though. I'm a technician for a large manufacturer.

Fedora, both at work and home

Ubuntu. On the job and at home

Debian. It's personal choice and has nothing to do with work though.

your mother operates my system

Our servers run Red Hat.
Our workstations are a mixed bag of Windows 7 and Windows 10, depending on when that person got their upgrade.

Arch with wingdings 7 in a VM for RDP

We use Windows 10 because Windows is for getting things done while Linux is for hobbyists

windows

Archlinux.

Ubuntu at work and at home, python software engineer

unironically Gentoo.
t. Senior backend developer in a medium sized company stuck among a bunch of macfags

Windows Server 2008

>We need a simple, not so bloat system, which even runs smooth and wont crash sooner or later.
lol you really are retarded
>no offence

We use linux for servers, CentOS 7.3. Most things run in docker or vms.

We use windows on desktops, because muh hardware support. We're too busy to fix linux on desktops.

I don't like proprietary software, but the OS X command line is straight unix dude. My work laptop is a mac and while there are many 'wtf' things (why the fuck do I need an Apple ID for updates?) its overall not too bad if you work a lot in the command line.

What sort of hardware does linux have problems with? Maybe the issue is outdated kernel.

>python
>software """"engineer""""
import solution

Debian stretch workstation.
Centos and RHEL servers.

>python software engineer

>Not suse
=)

The thing is, we don't have time to deal with that kind of shit. If I have to debug issues with a piece of hardware, when it just werks on windows, that's it.

I'm not about to spend a bunch of time to unfuck linux every time we throw a curve ball at it.

For some, it may make sense to get linux working in their environment, but on the desktop, the configuration time etc is not worth it.

Don't get me wrong, linux is great for the server room, but its not worth the trouble for our workstations, especially when we can just run linux vms on our workstations for linux tasks.

>adults
>jobs
>gnu
kek.

I personally use Mac OS X and openbsd

>tell me
I'll try.

It's not simple. It offers a few tools for switching kernels and drivers so there goes the no bloat too.
It probably won't crash but I wouldn't bet on it and holding package updates for 2 weeks does not make it stable.
It's basically a hobbyist distro ""developed"" mostly by one young guy for kids to play their steam games and if you don't believe me just visit and hang out in their irc - you'll see their user base and how stable it is, it's a joke.

If you needed something for work you'd use ubuntu server or just the network installer which is probably more bloat free or even debian.

lel, 99% of the time we have to "unfuck" windows machines at work, because win 10 is unpredictable as shit

I'm glad there is a solution to your problem in linux then.

Are you serious?
On Windows, it takes time to install all the drivers, with a million reboots.

Weird, I tyipcally get away with a single reboot.

debian stables on servers, sid on desktop/laptop

debian
why do people use ubuntu when we have debian

xubuntu and manjaro. Debian for card pc.
>Kali Linux
>not black arch
The only good thing about kali is their gnome setup.

and that is why you have servers with prepackaged software so you don't need "million reboots"

It's damn stable. Many may find annoying to not have gui frontend for every little shit.

We as a company mainly use centos 7 on cloud instances/servers, and I personally use literally whatever on a desktop.
If it can run python, git and ssh out of the box, it's totally fine. I prefer fedora.

My own personal desktops and servers run Debian. The system I work with at my job is actually currently UNIX but transitioning to Red Hat, with some testing using CentOS first.

Windows 10. It's just a Java dev job so it's not like I really need anything besides Eclipse

Fusionsphere aka botnet.

Arch

We use Ubuntu because that's what TI bases their processor SDK upon.

I wonder if your OS choice is connected to your reading comprehension skill or if it's the other way around

if someones willing to pay 120k for it yeah

Only for python? Oy vey.

debian

explains why your "company" is failing

Mac OS

having a job
using linux

pick one

kali

Embedded engineer. Arch on workstation, Debian on servers. Windows on laptop for Ms office only.

Need to cross compile for a dozen architectures... Setting the CI up for that on Debian was painless. Same for arch. Good luck compiling for arm6 in a VM on your windows box.

This.

gentoo on personal laptop
ubuntu lts on work desktop PC
A separate computer system at my work has a specialized debian squeeze based, custom gnu+linux distro. We will get two new server soon, running a custom CentOS based OS.

BSD at home, Ubuntu at work

Xubuntu and Windows. No time to fuck with shit. Hobbyists wouldn't understand.

job: geospatial developer

distro: ubuntugis

it's a special distro of ubuntu (cuz it just werks) that comes pre-installed with every geographic data processing/viewing/publishing software under the sun

at work? ubuntu
at home? openbsd

primarily yes, C++ and some pSQL scipting occasionally

network engineer here
win10 on our workstations, ubuntu or debian on field laptops and on the network-related servers (radius, nagios, cacti, etc.)
also freebsd on routers and switches because juniper runs on it

ubuntu gnome at home

>working under another person
cuck

Ubuntu, I've got shit to do.

>living from your mum's food stamps
cuck

>Arch

Is it because of the vanilla software? Why not fedora?

Arch Linux

Gentoo.
t. Network Engineer

I use an ubuntu virtual machine on windows 7

got too many games to make the jump. Also my work uses microsoft stack and c#/visual studio

Not sure why I would use anything but Windows for work. Software I use doesn't have Linux ports.

I don't use linux.

Self owned "geek squad" type company. I use systemrescuecd a lot. I've set up a few people on Ubuntu/mint/ etc. Who didn't want to pay for Windows or pirate it.

Debian, Arch, FreeBSD, CentOS, literally Gentoo. Maybe I'll try out Void on a personal machine. Never had much reason to use OpenSUSE though.

Basically, I use whichever distro suits the perpose of the machine. My laptop runs Debian since it's mostly a web and typing machine whereas my most powerful Desktop computer runs Arch so I can easily have the newest software without the autism/time/attention required to maintain some of the other distros.

Red Star OS

>Not sure why I would use anything but Windows for work
Exactly. Windows is known for its efficient bandwidth utilization and extremely high privacy standards. Exactly what is needed at a business

t. never used it

>don't believe me? visit their IRC, they talk about steam

it's stable. more stable than ubuntu. don't believe me? use it fag

ITT: People LARP pretending to know things they obviously dont

I'm a resident in psychiatry and I use LMDE Mate on my three years old 300 dollars Asus laptop

Debian.

With KDE Plasma deskop.

It's the most fully featured (excelent HiDPi support, very customizable, Wayland, best file browser...) and modern desktop out there.

Walmart.

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.

At least we get shit to do.
As professional pentesters, what else do we need?
faggot. Get a live, even try to work a bit.

Manchildren are still adults, silly.
Debian
e
b
i
a
n

Gentoo with i3
Systems Architect

This is definitely a guy who is actually employed.

Xfce+Ubuntu on a cheap Chromebook :^)

I use a chromebook but the server I connect to is fedora

Gentoo at home. Well, you didn't ask what I use at my job :^)
>it's Windows 7

Devuan on my workstation, Source Mage on my thinkpad.

What's up with all the niggers answering windows on a linux question? They are deliberately wrong.

>doesnt even have adblock

I like the ads. They recommend me some good stuff sometimes.

Ubuntu and Amazon Linux AMI

This desu.

Lubuntu and kali

OSX