ITT: We weigh the pros and cons of a floating setup

ITT: We weigh the pros and cons of a floating setup

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=monitor and keyboard wall mount&rh=i:aps,k:monitor and keyboard wall mount
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01NAOBQPY/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1501352422&sr=8-7&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=monitor and keyboard wall mount
github.com/matzman666/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not much table space to put all your stuff that you usually have around the keyboard

cons: you look like a faggot
pros: you can now get out of the closet

That looks comfy as fuck.

?
just get a laptop or tablet
this isn't 1996

>ywn cuddle with her there and shitpost together
sad!

>ywn offer her a bottle of water after a 12 hour marathon fucking session as she uses your computer

double int

can't forget to offer your guest as well.
and then you can go back to your corner

that setup.
>no multiple monitors
>no handrest on the same height as keyboard
no place to put your whisky glass

i never realized how much i needed this in my life til now. that setup looks sublime.

>desk for gaming
>big comfy recliner for everything else

I know, where else would I put my pizza crust and piss bottles?

It can get cluttered easily and you are too comfy to get any serious amount of work done. That said the only other problem is moving a heavy ass recliner out of the way for stand up VR

Pros: none

>12 hours

Bitch would be lucky with 12 min.

I never cease to be surprised at how ingrained it is that to use a computer you MUST sit at a desk. I do see from time to time couch setups but never any floating ones

>not having your arms planted straight on the desk

yeah, enjoy your carpal problems

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=monitor and keyboard wall mount&rh=i:aps,k:monitor and keyboard wall mount

there are a lot of them.

It would be nice to have the power of my desktop PC in my lap while I chill on the couch.

How is this moving ballpoint hand called in English?
t. Me no pajeet sir

trash user stilll posts on /k/

So when they have to turn on the pc, they have to go behind the couch and then turn back to sit there.

Fyi, for anyone wanting a monitor arm for any screen over 24" I suggest looking for Amazon basics it was the only one I found made for my 30" that was long enough to swing in front of my recliner besides a $300 ergotron. It was $150, downside is that you cannot fix the height it sits at that much, it has to be attached at roughly the monitor's level

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01NAOBQPY/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1501352422&sr=8-7&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=monitor and keyboard wall mount

wonder how much this would cost to ship to sweden.

Comfy as fuck for watching movies and shit.

*12 seconds

I-is that a thinkpad keyboard ?

I never understood the point of these that are so short

Looks like an IBM spacesaver to me. If you want a modern version of that check out the Tex Yoda II, it's crazy expensive though.

You don't have power on via keyboard press enabled in bios?

this

IBM RT3200. Its rubberdome, but it is one of the only 2 TKL keyboards with a trackpoint (the other one is pretty much identical, but has the back/forward keys near the arrows like a thinkpad.) The Tex Yoda that the other user mentioned is a 60% memeboard.

>Tex Yoda II
Far too edgy for me.

Looks comfy, thanks.

If you are going to get one, make sure it either comes with a trackpoint nub or the nubless stick does not have a circle in it. If it has the circle, its missing a tiny impossible to find piece that goes between the nub and the stick.

i-is that an aerosol can of pringles?

No, its a monster can half filled with pistachio shells shoved into a pringles can.

i'm not going to ask any more questions.

any more pics of her feet?

there is a lot of them*

There isnt anything weird there though. Sometimes you finish a monster and then a can of pringles and wonder if the can will fit in it. Then you get some pistachios and need something to spit shells into, so you use the monster can because it is resealable so it wont smell or cause a mess if tipped over.

>cons: you look like a faggot

cant look like a faggot if nobody is watching.

Came here to post this

Multiple monitors you say?

Higher Gravitational Potential increases the risk of your screen and keyboard collapsing into a black hole due to random quantum effects. Gets canceled if you'd otherwise put your entire PC on your desk

Nobody else got this?

it's not a question of "getting it"

it just wasn't funny

Don't (You) me ever again please

>heavy ass recliner out of the way for stand up VR
Just get vr tools from github and set your height offset up to about 1.5 and play sitting down.
You can rotate the play area when needed.

github.com/matzman666/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings

thank me later

You are too young but when you grow up and get a job you can afford a nice table to have your computer on. And you can enjoy a beer or a glass of whiskey and have a stack of snus within reach. Quality of worklife is good in the setting I have. My SETUP>yours.

neck/upper back pain from being reclined for extended periods.

There are only cons.

>ctrl+f
>feet
At least I'm not the only one.

Thanks bro, every now and then I actually am not completely wasting my time coming here

oh man I would probably never move and get deep vein thrombosis and die with a set up like that.

What is the best desk setup to prevent spine/back and other similar health issues?

Is pic related a meme? It costs 5k. Are there other viable alternatives?

implying you are not a faggot for doing nothing but browse this dead board user

I think your hands will go numb eventually when holding them up like that

how in the hell would you know anything about me over the internet. You have know idea who I am or what how old I am. I do have a job you are probably just sitting in your lazyboy collecting disability for your "back problem" you neet shitlord

An oldie, but a goodie

This dude fucks.

It's flawed because your mouse will slide down if you let go of it.
Trackball would work but not many are using them obviously.
Also I'd be always on edge thinking of the monitors falling on me.
You need to be able to shift around and not to be in a static prime brainwashing position such as your image.

>Type something
>recover mouse
>type something else
>recover mouse again

But how do they work?

>Chair goes crazy
>Cuts you in half with the table
>The police founds you 2 weeks later because neighbours worry about the horrible smell that came from your body in decomposition...

>he isn't part of the elite
Fufufu

>scary mounted monitors are scary
You can let the mouse dangle slightly at a comfortable level and then just move your hand slightly upwards to recover it

It's a minor inconvenience which could be solved with a glued trackpad or some other solution

>mfw anons think this is a deal breaker and would prefer to destroy their back and spine

So this is what it's like to be autistic

Yeah, you obviously have to move from time to time, my post was asking whether this is the best solution for your back.

Some numb hands are better than crippling your back and spine

Thanks

i've actually wanted something like that lets me move the computer around the whole room but thats stupid

>getting carpal tunnel issues
Go to the gym...

she lives in 3017 not 1996, retard

If I could find a way to get a stable surface over my recliner, I would do all my computing in it in front of my 42" TV/monitor.

how do you get in and out of chair?

>pays $10k for a ridiculous motorized recliner
>can't afford to replace his multiple monitors with a big single screen

Actually I've been thinking about putting my recliner and my 'desk' on rollers to do just that so I can easily switch between stand up and sitting VR. I already put my wheel on rollers

god that neck posture.

Just pick your chair well for your back then mount a long enough monitor and keyboard arm and you can do it for a tenth of that cost easily

I think her feet are beautiful. I would love to lick them for hours.