Polish or Russian?

I can't decide which language I should learn. I am decided on a Slavic language but I find it hard to choose between Polish and Russian. I love both cultures (well, excluding the Bolshevik part in Russia), I know the Cyrillic script and I can read Russian words without stuttering, yet I find it a hard choice.

Polish sounds better to me, but Russian proves to be more useful; Poles on the Internet usually speak English whilst Russians do not. So, what would you choose? I like non-biased answers if you are a Pole or a Russian.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2iUGfURqyhs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Russian
/thread

You can't /thread your own post
Get the fuck out

Russian is international. also its easier

Italian. It's more easier and useful for you than them.

A latin language

Doesn't seem easier to me, at least the pronunciation. I don't know where "a" is read "a" and when it is read "o".

Yes, Italian would be easier but I don't find it appealing.

>useful for you
So you are hinting that I will go to "work" in Italy like my swarthy countrymen?

/thread

You'll be able to earn more money than in Russia or Poland if you work in Italy.

Russian desu senpai

But I don't want to go abroad to work, I barely leave my town, let alone my country. I just want to learn a foreign language because I only speak Romanian, English and some French. Polish and Russian would help me in video games because they are both really represented by players who aren't really skilled in English. And Slavic languages are more appealing to me than Latin/Germanic ones.

Motivate please.

>So you are hinting that I will go to "work" in Italy like my swarthy countrymen?
I guess going to Russia with your yellow friends and doing Krokodil is preferable (No work available there)

Nice meme, but who would be these yellow countrymen?

> yellow countrymen
Tatari si transnistreni

meant yellow friends*
We don't have such thing in here though, but they would be objectively better than the swarthy ones.

>transnistreni
>yellow

That is a fake bydlo nation, but they are lesser Russians, their rednecks were sent there.
How are they yellow?

And the Tatars are in Constanța, they don't go to Russia, check your facts mate.

But Slavic languages are generally difficult.

Not that hard as Japanese, Finnish or Turkish though.

Russian is simply much More useful than polish, as you said earlier most poles that you'll ever meet on the internet can speak english and ruskies not so often, also russian sounds nice

Weird to hear that from a Pole, usually you guys are really arseblasted when it comes to Russia. Thanks for the opinion!

My language is harder than Russian in almost every aspect. Think Russian x1,5
Would it still be easier than Japanese, my weeaboo proxy friend?

Good you said that so I can steer clear of Serbian.

I'm another guy who isn't attracted to Italian nor Spanish language.
I don't like a flow of utterances with a lot of vocals like those in Japanese one.
Slavic languages sound really beautiful compared to them.

Turkish grammar is four time lighter than ours, has three times less the irregularities and is easier to read/pronounce
I encourage you to read any short introduction on Turkish grammar. If it wasn't such a chasm in terms of vocabulary and word order it would be twice as easy. The vocabulary is the only real problem for us

>Latin languages are easy for you because Rumanian belongs to them
>Turkish language is easy for us because it's similar to Japanese in grammar

You have pointed me to Italian a few posts ago. Now you have changed your mind it seems...

Serbo-Croatian grammar compared to Russian is like having a backpack full of rocks and you add another giant one just in case it isn't heavy enough

I can completely understand the intricacies of Russian grammar and without peeking intk dictionaries, about 60% of the average sentence, and it looks looe you wrote a Serbo-Croatian sentence and stripped it of "descriptiveness" in half

Let's say you have an English sentence "I am going to work soon". And on the other side, you have a sentence "I gonna work soon". The latter is how Russian and Bulgarian sound to us

I'm not him.
a Jap mark2 showing up in this thread.

Why not Gypsy? It's an universal language in which you could communicate in most European countries.
youtube.com/watch?v=2iUGfURqyhs

Kek this is true lel

Learn Slovene. It doesn't sound like caveman speak (Russian) or TV static (Polish).

lol
It's more irrelevant than Japanese and Turkish

It's the most irrelevant Slavic language after FYROMian.

>I gonna work soon"
Peasants. SImple russian animals.

>anime and Erdogan
>relevant
Choose one.
Slovene is the best sounding Slavic language. The further away you go from Slovene, the more barbaric (south and east) or robotic (north) the Slavic languages get.

says a pshek) even czechs dont understand your memelanguage

Rude...

Get the fuck out back to your shithole, russian serf

no your government invited me)

Japan is spready known to be a relevant country, and Turkey is developing steadily.
Turkey has a chance to get enough power to counter Europe.

>Japan is already known to be a relevant country*

Russian.
Russian is spoken in many other cunts such as mine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, etc, while polish is spoken only in Poland.
Also russian sounds better than polish even for slav ear.

>Russian is spoken in many other cunts
In CIS

Poland has the habit of dissapearing from maps, so i would say learning Russian is a safer bet

Are you implying something kraut?

Haha, nice banter.

Some of you guys are alright, don’t go to Poland next year

Russian.
Poles will learn English.

Polish is arguably slightly more difficult--less obviously phonetic writing system (it is actually fairly regular, but the orthography is more complex), one additional case. And Russian can be used in a greater number of countries--it's still an important lingua franca in Central Asia, and most commie or ex-commie countries have people who studied in the good old CCCP (I've met Russian speakers in Laos, Vietnam, Cuba, Mongolia, former DDR, and a few other countries). So my vote as a Yank who speaks some Russian is for Russian.

But Polish is moderately more similar to other West Slavic languages, including Czech and Slovak, and I find the parallels with the South Slavic languages (except for Slovene, which is surprisingly similar to Russian for a Yugoslav language in my opinion) closer than they are with Russian. So Polish might offer a slightly better foundation for learning other languages if you want to learn those too. With my Russian I can get along pretty well in Ukrainian, and can read Bulgarian and Belarusian nearly fluently, but with Czech, Slovak, and Serbocroatian (not to mention Polish) it helps only a little.

>excluding the Bolshevik part in Russia
>not liking the best period of russian history

>who is Ivan III
>who is Peter the Great

choke yourself braindead mongol

pic rel you

Why should I do that?
Tsarist Russia by definition cant be the best at all.

Novgorod Republic period

Why not?
But what about Kievan Rus or Duchy of Moscow?

The best period of russian history is year 1612

1610-1612 was arguably worse because Poles were still destabilising Russia

1612 was the attack, after it they started consolidating again

>But what about Kievan Rus
It was almost 1000 years ago, so it's hard to compare it with later periods.
>Duchy of Moscow?
Despotic and backward one that gave rise to Moscow tsardom and Russian Empire.
Not bad, but still cant be compared with USSR.

Russian. Why would ANYONE learn polish ?

It sounds really nice.

I would also learn Norwegian, but it's not that important for me to understand black metal without searching for translation.

Learn Russian it has the most native speakers out of all slav languages. And learning a language should be motivated first and foremost by it's usefulness unless it's for science or personal reasons.

Russian since it's the most spoken Slavic language. Also everyone who wants into space must learn it.

really ?
and everyone who has ever been in ISS knows Russian?

this except for
>the good old CCCP

yep

Thanks for the advice. I have begun studying Russian anyway.

Russian. Better literature. Pic related is the epitome of polish literature, and it's a work of blatant plagiarism.

Polish, because it sounds good, Poles are strong men and their girls are fucking qt.

>blatant plagiarism

and Sapkowski ripped off who exactly?

French, you should french

Michael Moorecock, author of Elric of Melniboné.

Nice give more 10/10 books about long hair vikings slavs Trolls gods knigts

Books like lord of the rings, hobbit, volkadav iż roda čornech psov ,

???

>protagonist of some literally who fantasy novel has white hair
>hurr Witcher is le ripoff xD

this is why people think Americans are retarded

pic related another ripoff of glorious Elric of No One Heard about It according to your logic

A is read O?
It's the other way around, when the ephasis is not on O it is usually pronounced as an A
Word Boris for example - emphasis on I, thus you say Baris

We aren't, the butthurt Polish equivalent of netoyous are just incredibly vocal and dedicated.

>Poles on the Internet usually speak English whilst Russians do not.
ehhhh, and yet again ruskies win by being obnoxious shits
Anyway, if it's usefulness is what you care about, you probably shouldn't learn either of them, it's simply not worth your time.

>Pic related is the epitome of polish literature
Pfft!

Pleb taste my nigga.

Gee, I wonder who might be behind that post!
>Weird to hear that from a Pole
>Pole
see

>Witcher
>epitome of polish literature
Wew lad, more like "the only piece of Polish literature I've ever heard of". It's like calling Game of Thrones the epitome of American literature.
Either I'm getting less sensitive to bait or burgers are actually getting more retarded with every passing day.

Oh you poor fool.

>romanticism
trashed
t. /lit/

>muh old shit

fuck off grandpa lmao

Those covers are rad.
Oh you little shits.

>Oh you little shits.
That's the best you have you uneducated pleb?

No one gives a fuck about this old fuckery just like no one gives a fuck about muh Hamlet get with the times nigga.

YOU'RE telling me I'M uneducated.
Not like you've shown anything better.

Yes, considering the fact that you reached the peak of your literate capabilities in high school and think that romanticism is the best genre.
I am telling you.

Every squared nigga on the block knows realism and naturalism are the best periods

Nigga fuck romanticism lmao baka

>think that romanticism is the best genre.
I don't senpai. Just enjoy history.
Baka yourself.

>Sienkiewicz
>history
wew he has as deep an insight as most youtubers 2bh

I'm not surprised the
>we wuz Vandals 'n shiet

tard considers Sienkiewicz a valid source of historical knowledge

If you want to be such a cunt - historic themes.
I know he's not entirely a credible historical source you idiot.

Also, wróć do polski, kurwo gastarbaiterska

Russian better than polish.

We wuz Vandals and shiet Grzegorz.

Well said

Well some Vandals/Lugii were the ancestors of the Lechites.

Zapomniałem zapytać, chcecie jego?
Zapomniałem, że on jest dzika diaspora

Lmao