Whats the best free email client?

whats the best free email client?

I have been using thunderbird since ever but I have to admit it's kind of slow. Never really tried anything else

I never used Thunderbird before.
Can you access multiple email accounts from different services at the same time with it?

yep

Sadly Thunderbird.
And it's the best email client. Not just the best among free clients.

that's mostly what it's about

Is there a good non-free email client?

Yes. Old outlook express.

evolution because i run a small business.

yes. but be sure to enable email forwarding in your email account. some of them have it disabled

I am using the one that comes in Seamonkey
it must be some kind of stripped down/old version of thunderbird
pretty happy with it

it's the same

I don't do much with email. But I use evolution because it is preinstalled on my distro.

well, then I guess I should have reset the Thunderbird profile from time to time, because i stopped using it because it was slow as all fucks

the one you posted

Dis^
It's a shame now everyone use shitty webuis

i use thunderbird and i fucking hate how you can't use protonmail with it

Outlook is really really good.
The only thing I really miss while using linux. Thunderbird does its job, is slow as shit, but it could be worse.

roundcube

gmail

Claws-mail does the job and is lightweight compared to thunderbird.

This

Does it support text mode? What is the license?

GPL licensed
If by "text mode" you mean command line interface (batch or interactive) it does not. At least I don't think so.
If you want to know if it can send mails in plain text rather than fuck-annoying html, of course it can. (like any mail client afaik)

>like any mail client afaik
No. There are very few who afford that. Especially on phones.

never figured how to use it multiple accounts
same goes for sylpeed

Thunderbird is good. Personally I like evolution because of the GNOME integration and the built in calendar and contacts management.

claws-mail
just werks

mutt

Postbox

(OP)
Nylas Mail

Thunderbird. But only with some addons installed like Enigmail, Personal level indicators, Send Later, Theme Font &Size Changer, and uBllock origin of course.

this, this so much. Though to be quite honest, there's probably a bunch of e-mail clients that's better than Claws Mail these days. I've been happy with it for 10+ years so I don't really know what else is around. I do know it's a very fine e-mail client that does the job just fine.

how does the evolution calendar compare to lightning?

I want to try it
Is it snappy?