Is this piece of shit ever going to die?

Is this piece of shit ever going to die?

Destroys c#

Not as long as Android exists.

probably in 30 years when they teach python to children

gets me paid though

Why does this board actively hate on popular programming languages without providing any arguments?

Disclaimer: not a poo in loo

hey hey, we just got rid of flash
one at the time, we're going there

Why do you have it?

Could you give few valuable arguments why is it bad for corporate use?

What is your alternative for Java right now?

I am not talking only about language but for whole ecosystem it provides?

Hm?

Fact that your fizz buzz run faster in C is not valid argument.

Not anytime soon. It is the new COBOL. Even if it was banned for greenfield projects it will still keep fed several generations of pajeets.

>piece of shit
Elaborate.

Nope. It's just performant enough for 99% of all enterprise applications and it's easier to write than C or C++

Name 1 thing wrong with it that isn't due to misuse of OOP by pajeets

Most programming communities hate Java. It's bloated as fuck, extremely verbose, requires a ton of memory and the community is full of Pajeets. Java desktop apps are always shit too. The community also prefers ridiculously over engineered monstrosities like Spring. There's really not a lot to like.

looool python > Java? that's a joke. Python is trash, so is Java but still.

Most enterprise applications aren't anywhere close to fast. Most of them use Spring or JEE and Websphere which are all horrifically slow and full of unsafe and slow reflection.

Eh, not a programmer, but personally I'd rather make software that's native to the OS instead of software that uses something like a JVM if I could code.

But why?

>UGH I'M SO EDGY I HATE JAVA BECAUSE ITS POPULAR

>t. node evangelist

I prefer the opposite, I don't like to stick with only one os.

Javascript will kill every other programming language eventually

Kotlin is replacing it rapidly already. It may be like objective-c in a few years

>Kotlin is replacing it rapidly already

Nah, most people have already forgotten Kotlin exists. Google isn't even using it internally after they gave it the nod for Android. It just doesn't offer enough over modern versions of Java. The only reason Google even gave it the nod on Android was because they don't actually have to do anything.

I remember when I got in a pissing match with a java guy who wanted to use java to build our microservice architecture vs me having a php solution. I ended up with 26 lines of code for a functioning microservice that actually communicated with the database and ran in 640k of memory. The java app was like 100 lines of boilerplate, 50 lines for the service, and required 6MB of main memory to execute. Oh and the java app took twice as long to return data.

I fucking hate java. Everyone I know shits on me because php, but I don't see those niggers livencing their intellectual property to Turner Sports.

All of my android dev friends already are moving gradually to Kotlin.
It makes their worktime shorter as they can integrate functional programming features like those in Javascript and python to their apps and use less boilerplate code.

> It's bloated as fuck, extremely verbose, requires a ton of memory
reliability and security comes at a price, but it's a cheap price to pay because CPU and memory are exponentially getting faster.
CEOs want to pay for services that are reliable, not necessarily fast. because speed is negligible now and going forward in time.
JAVA and JAVA-like languages are here to stay. deal with it.

First, nuke India.

Another question.

Which programming languages are (relatively) future-proof, at least in the short to mid term?
Excluding JavaScript.

WHITE BOIS can't into JAVA, that's why they hate it.

that would mean if you were to write software for multiple OSes, you would have to write the same thing multiple times

>CEOs want to pay for services that are reliable, not necessarily fast. because speed is negligible now and going forward in time.
>because speed is negligible
>negligible
Sure tell me why big companies are spending billions in NoSQL researches, why NASDAQ uses gentoo, why facebook developed Hack/HHVM, why google developed gradle, why embedded devices use a microkernel.
Speed is negigible right? This is not like downtimes cost money, right? This is not like bufferbloat is a problem, right?
>and going forward in time.
And who developed these solutions? For what purpose? For the sake of it?

You're full of shit and need to fuck off.

Even though Java is relatively slow, it's a common language for HFT.

what the fuck are you talking about ?
programs that need to be fast like video editors are a minor share of the software market.
most CEOs want reliable applications that does't cost them money when a segmentation fault rises out of nowhere !

shit most software now are run in a SaaS mode. with a fucking browser ! and still won't make a difference because most companies don't edit videos on a daily basis !

>coding bootcamp certificate in Java
>any job I want
>$300k starting

pls

No. It's so bad it's doomed to success.
Java is the new COBOL, except they somehow found a way to make it even worse.

No.

Also, you only think Java is shit because (early) desktop Java was shit. Java is fine in most places.

Java GUI can die in a hole, otherwise it's a great language. Robust, portable, compatible, scaleable, has great dependency support (gradle), active community.

Not much to hate really.