We're all basically in agreement about this, right?

We're all basically in agreement about this, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K_lweBl70N0
youtube.com/watch?v=0sce2f0lvVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Irish federation should just be Ireland. Call it Irish federation once you annex South Africa.

Include Scots and Mann in our confederation and you have my vote.

Memes aside, are you lot really going to this scenario?

Norn Iron has a fuckton of people who vehemently deny a union with Dublin. A federation is probably the first step in making it workable, e.g. Ireland and England both share custody over Norn Iron.

Then NI has devolved status in Ireland

Then NI is directly ruled by Dublin

You missed off The Republic of Greater Northumbria

No fuck off. Northern Ireland is a leech. It would take a third of our revenue to fund it.

The rest of the country leeches off of Dublin, should we just sell everything out of the GDA?

Fuck off you cunt, that land is ours, and in the long run, we would make FAR more than we would spend if we incorporated Northern Ireland.

Most of the Ulster protestant / Unionist population are of Scots descent, and identify as such. If Scotland leaves the UK it will create a serious identity crisis in this community that may lead to them seeking to join with Ireland.

Please post from a proxy so that your westbrit cuck statements are not associated with my flag.

You forgot about the Grand Duchy of Jersey and the Shetland Empire.

Ireland-Scotland Union when?

No, this is stupid. Why do you want to balkanise the UK? Who /EireRejoinsUK/ here

:^)

don't want the north, don't want to rejoin the UK either.

Also its Ireland, not Eire, not the 'irish republic', not 'the republic of ireland', just Ireland.

>Its Ireland not Eire

Okay well you're wrong, Thomas.

This, fuck the north and fuck the Northern Irish they are not Irish.
Uk can keep those fucks.

When you apologize for Cromwell and admit he committed genocide

Southern Ireland? :^)

Go back to Blackrock you Seánín cunt.

/Republic of Wales/ when?

Gareth Bale as the Prime Minister.

>apologize
do you unironically spell like yanks in Southern Ireland to be contrary or is this the work of the devil (spellcheck) ?

Kek I am from west Cork senpai, you can't get much southern or western than this.
Why don't you fuck off and ruin Europe some more Hans.

>Wanting a bunch of football hooligans worse than niggers and cost more than wales or Scotland in terms of welfare.
Yeah I am the cuck, I am the cuck because I don't want the Republic fucked because of some pipe dream.
Would you really go back into another recession and make our country forever piss poor because of a couple of counties.

also I'm sorry. Will you rejoin now :3

Union of Israeles when

The correct name is Éire not Eire you overseas cunt.

STOP IT

>fictional creature as emblem
That's so silly.
Is there any country with a werewolf/zombie/vampire on its flag?

makes me laugh whenever a forigner honestly believes we're going to rejoin with Ireland any time soon
these old fuck politicians are stubborn bastards

you should visit Wales. I can unironically imagine that there were dragons there once upon a time desu.

Rate my idea lads

PROPOSAL FOR THE FEDERATION OF IRELAND

Taxes:

Taxes will be equalised across both regions, with exceptions made for low tax areas to attract investment - Western Ireland, Northern Ireland, and the Midlands.

Politics:

Stormont may remain in sitting for a period of 8 years to ensure all precautions are taken to safeguard the interests of the people, and will eventually be phased out to a full transition into Dáil Éireann.

The Oireachtas shall devolve powers to Stormont. The Dáil shall be expanded to 213 seats (1 TD per 30,000 population), 60 in the North and 153 in the Republic.

A Council for Consultation shall take place between the First and Deputy First Ministers of Northern Ireland, An Taoiseach, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and, if applicable, the Prime Minister of Scotland. It shall deliberate on mutual policies bi-yearly including: trade, travel, and defence.

>west cork
That makes sense. You don't want the North to suck up your welfare pennies.

>Hans
I'm Irish you thick bogger cunt.

It kinda makes me happy that I am gonna see the end of anglo empire in a few years.
The perfidious albion had it coming

horrible, HORRIBLE idea

>It kinda makes me happy that I am gonna see the end of anglo empire in a few years.

literally happened years ago (hong kong) but k

Then why do you have a cuck flag, also cork is far away from bogger territory.

Northern Ireland is in the state it's in due to its status within the union, unification with the south would attract investment from abroad to ni - which would benefit the entire island

muh heritage

We get the North, Stormont gets to suck up cash, Unionists get to have British input on the country, and we get to finally have a party other than Sinn fucking Fein leading the Nationalists in the North

Brits voting out doesn't mean other EU citizens don't still have free travel :^)

hong kong was just a oversea colony.
now we are gonna see britain losing its core territory

Come on lads - let's just put our past differences behind us and all join together again!

As an emigrant you shouldn't have any say in our politics.

No, that would just be english rule again, we're fine being independent but in the EU. Any reunification would just start troubles again.

if Northern Ireland ever joined Ireland all the Irish Nationalists in Northern Ireland would emigrate, it is in their nature

anyone with any sense knows this is the only way
>all the Irish Nationalists in Northern Ireland would emigrate, it is in their nature
that makes no sense
the unionists would emigrate, not the nationalists

As an underage cuck faggot you shouldn't have any say in reunification.

Nobody would take them, their accent is quite incomprehensible to foreigners.

your picture is what I mean, it is ingrained in the Irish to emigrate, once a united Ireland happens a new batch of Irish will do so

>it is ingrained in the Irish to emigrate
yeah but its england's fault

>reunification would start troubles again

Nah - a substantial minority in ni would vote pragmatically / economically on a border poll rather than on any nationalistic lines- whatever way this group vote would decide the future of ni within the union

Due to the effect brexit will have on ni it is very very likely that this grouping would support irish unification in the future

In 2008 caused a recession by spending $400bn to guarantee the banks. Less then ten years later we are now back as the wealthiest country in the EU.

The most alarmist estimate is that it would cost us $10bn to integrate NI. Doing so would be an absolute piece of piss considering the world economy is roaring.

This 'NI is too expensive' lie needs to die, I hear it way too often from cucks with ulterior motives.

Retarded. The Unionists will reject out of hand anything other that a 'home rule' government in perpetuity.

people in ROI still emigrate now to live in the UK

this.
Don't get me wrong I still want Northern Ireland in the union mainly because it makes us look bigger on the map (same and only reason I want Scotland to stay, definitely not their 'culture') and they seem nice enough but they cost a lot of money. Like Scotland. They are basically Scotland, just grateful for that English dolla dolla

THIS.
Literally both my mum and Dad's side of the family both emigrated from Ireland. I swear the Irish also fuck like rabbits considering how many Irish relatives people have down here.

>independent
>in the EU
Kek. Pick one Paddy

Wake up Ireland
youtube.com/watch?v=K_lweBl70N0

Should have kept the name Scotia desu
>tfw scotland steals your names

Nah, no interest in joining the United Cuckdom of New Pakistan

>2:00
>A shop called "Sinn Fein" with an palestinian flag inside
Oh lordy

That's fine. Let them have Home Rule, and then we dictate their budget after a decade. If they vote against it, they would be overruled by the other constituencies in the country (like how Westminster ultimately has power over them).

By then, moderate Protestants will have stable jobs and the economy will be improving.

Refer to

I love the bit just after that where he's filmed a couple of black girls who are clearly Murikan tourists (just like him) from their accents. lol.

The difference would be we have very little wiggle room for debt. During 2007, our debt was only 25% of GDP (it's low-90% now, was 125% during the peak of our crisis).

We wouldn't have a WHOLE lot of wiggle room but with a proper budget and US investment influx, we could easily incorporate them without any massive tax hikes.

>hurr, there are some black people in Ireland, therefore Ireland is collapsing demographically
way to project, Nigel.

Why the fuck would they ever agree to that.
This United Ireland thing is like selling a car. The onus is on us to convince them they want it. Why would they make any concessions whatsoever to achieve something they actively don't want?

Demographic of dublin, specifically the city center it seems. Which is not the same as the country at large, even the suburbs have a vastly different composition.

Seriously the area north of henry street is a veritable ghetto

>Giving back that shit hole to Ireland

take it

Because we're not trying to appeal to hardliners. Unionists were split during the Brexit Campaign, which is why Remain won.

We can easily appeal to the moderate Protestants and allay their fears of economic doom and persecution, by offering them a carrot in the form of Home Rule.

The hardliners don't make up enough of a population to do anything themselves.

sorry, no backsies.

The same as literally every other city that matters. Having high foreigner population is the price of being a world city

Moderate protestants are still overwhelmingly in favour of Unionism mate.

Before Brexit, yes.

I admire your persistence but you are out of your mind if you think Brexit is going to shift the polls by FOURTY points

Not
Going
To
Happen
Remain only won by about %10, and even still, people feel way more strongly British than European. Have you actually been to Northern Ireland? They would beat the shit out of you for even suggesting such a thing as this.

The remain vote in the north was rather a slim majority, and most people wouldn't favour the EU over the UK as the UK is their nation. It will hold a stronger place in their hearts than the EU by far.

it's happening here too, apparently :((
this guy seems like a real philosopher. I like the way his documentaries allow you (the viewer) to reach your own conclusion.

youtube.com/watch?v=0sce2f0lvVU

there was less than 10% difference in votes in NI I think.

sorry nobody likes your union

>Isle of Mann
>part of a kingdom

The circumstances have changed dramatically and you are in no position to say this

The circumstances have changed dramatically, and you are in no position to claim that this is any longer the case

It's a crown dependency lad

I suppose we will just have to see how the next couple years turn out, how Ireland's economy does (we're expected to thrive and remain fastest growing in Europe for at least 2 years), and what sort of trade deal Britain gets from the EU.

People will vote pragmatically, and one can only hope Ireland's economy recovers enough to make this a feasible and viable proposal.

You brits fucked up in 1920 by not splitting the crowns and not making us a separate kingdom again.

Would have accepted The Big Fellow as my King desu

>People will vote pragmatically
I wish I shared in your delusion, it seems so pleasant.

>delusion
If they didn't, Fine Gael would have been eviscerated like FF did, and wouldn't be the largest party in the Dáil right now m8

>USA, 12,475
>Rest of America, 8,649
Doesn't make any sense since America refers to the United States. There is no America outside of the USA. Whoever made this chart should take a geography class some time

>by 2030
That's a loss in projected GDP, not an actual loss in GDP.

The European Commission revised our estimate upwards to 4% or some shit, and trade with Brits won't be affected until you actually leave. You're still a member for at least 2 years.

Yeah, technically it's not part of the kingdom.

the good thing is that you guys are fucked up by this decision too, which is nice, because we can use you as leverage/a hostage in negotiating our position.

We'll of course shill for a good agreement, just like Germany would.

But the loss in trade will probably be offset by the increase in FDI as firms relocate to the only English speaking country in the EU.

Migration here will also spike probably, but so long as the economy remains competitive and strong, we should be fine.

What the hell are you talking about?
FG and FF were withing 30k votes of each other. Overall it was a 10.5% drop for FG and a rise of 6.9% for FF.

Some real pragmatic voting, leave us with a minority which will likely fail at the budget

Primarily out imports will be fucked, we'll need to use the continent more.

FG and FF are both up several points in the most recent public opinion poll.

also you export A LOT of agricultural products (meat, dairy etc.) to the UK. Like an absolute fuck load. I wasn't being "cruel" in what I said btw even if my tone was off, Legitimately the UK/Ireland are too intertwined for the EU to punish us too harshly.

The FDI is speculation at this point. If we are closed out from some sectors though I would expect a certain amount of migration to Dublin from the UK jobwise.

Northern Ireland would burst into flame the minute someone even took this idea remotely seriously. And good luck having the rest of Ireland being able to upkeep it.

> Would take 1/3 of revenue
> Would be nearly 1/3 of the population

That's not a problem.

>this guy seems like a real philosopher. I like the way his documentaries allow you (the viewer) to reach your own conclusion.

he literally just takes pictures of black people and whinges about it kek. why are racists so stupid?

Of course it's just speculation. So is the potential impact on our economy.

>upkeep
We could literally sell off 25% of our US debt and be able to fix Northern Ireland (we own about $250bn of US debt iirc), it's not like we don't have the assets.

Northern Ireland would be a net gain to our economy within five years. Public expenditure would decrease, private investment/exports would skyrocket due to Ireland's reputation, our eurozone access, and our low corporation tax.

Hell, people from the North would be able to trade more with the Republic just because we wouldn't need currency exchanges.

"The republic can't afford the north" is a complete and utter fabrication by fear mongering Unionists, aided and abetted by politicians who just want to keep the funds to their local constituency flowing.

FG took harsher budgetary measures than FF did, and they didn't lose as many seats as FF did in 2011.

I would have rathered a FG majority but that wasn't going to happen.