ITT: flags that went full retard

ITT: flags that went full retard

Benin

I don't know what do you want to prove, both are ugly.

Both look like shit

Bosnia

It didn't make sense before. It was two crackas killing each other.

Libya why?

Black-red-gold is older than black-white-red though.

It wasn't fair to use french flag as a background.

hawaii was a mistake

This was the best US flag though.

I actually think if we add any more states (DC or Puerto Rico) we should revert to this flag.

Why should D.C. become a state?

it's pretty much a state right now

that one really looks good
might as well
especially if you guys decide to cash your military dominance and start annexing left and right
no point in rearranging stars all the time

It shouldn't. It'd be a legal nightmare. You run for Congress based on your primary residence but some Congress persons actually mostly reside in DC so it'd be a mess.

What the fugg

>meme arrow on your flag

>

Because the people who live there are taxed without representation, even though DC is the center of our democracy.
But I guess giving them full statehood would fuck shit up according to

And now this, why?

No it's not. Don't talk about things you don't understand.

I'm sorry that we aren't Iraq and Egypt for you anymore.

ITT: Posters that went full retard. Pic related

>No one has posted us went

Might as well do it for you dumb memeing fucks.

See? hahaha we used our fucking oldest national symbol as the centerpiece of our flag ahahha wow how could we do such a thing

Wasn't the US flag designed by some high schooler for a B-?

>No one but the east coast gets represented

Excellent

Why did you change your flag to a fucking leaf?

This. Plus, DC was set up to be outside of any state jurisdiction; that's the whole point, otherwise we would have kept the capital in Philadelphia or elsewhere. Congress used to govern DC directly, until not too long ago when they set up a city government for it. I get the "taxation without representation" argument, but if that's your issue, why not just merge most of DC with Maryland and the southeastern part with Virginia? If you really need there to be an independent federal district, just make it the National Mall and its immediate surroundings, because no one lives there except the President.

>DC was set up to be outside of any state jurisdiction; that's the whole point,
Yeah but back then the states functioned much more like independent countries united under one banner. Each state was out in a cutthroat competition to be the top state in the union. Giving it to another state would be basically admitting you win. Putting DC where it was was basically just a huge compromise between the two big power players back then, Pennsylvania and Virginia. You put it next to Virginia, out of former Virginia territory, that's sort of a win for Virginia right? But it's also relatively near Pennsylvania and it doesn't get to be part of a southern state, so victory for you too.

It wasn't made a state because that would have been seen as dumb and pointless then, they were trying to prevent competition between states, not add another state to the fire. Now states don't act so much like countries, no other state is going to complain if DC is made a state or at least none I can imagine. It's not really going to upset any power balances, and only limits federal power a bit.

>

Jews convinced us our old flag and defacto anthem were racist

It looks the best

Should be this tbqh.

You're one of those people who apologize for German history and call people with Prussian ancestry a Nazi, aren't you?

idk why but i like this one more than ours really

too lazy to post it but...
>Union of South Africa flag
to
>2nd Republic of South Africa flag
I still feel slightly confused that they didn't just do Austria's flag but with greed/gold/green. Would've made a lot more sense too; would've effectively admitted the focus of our cunt, namely sports (Rugby, Soccer for blecks).

>Österreich

Best answer. Old Dutch flag was GOAT with that cool shade of orange, now it's another generic red-white-blue

red ensign is objectively garbage, leaf (and just about anything else) is superior to it
using the union jack is stupid because that's already the uk's flag

fleurs are always good though

Probably because it looks white

That's actually hilarious.
The other guy looks like he's just casually walking by to say hello kek

surprisingly good

>tfw old SA flag had orange-dutch flag with union jack + 2 boer republic (Oranje Vrystaat & Transvaal) flags in the middle-white strip.
>tfw SA would be ANZAC level if it weren't for the NP (National Party) ruining our country
;_;7

kek, netherlands bringing the light-bantz

Some turks are white
>pic related

Got cucked by western conquerors
I wish grorious Ghaddafi was still alive

You understand nothing about the origin of the current flag.

also:
>be Prussia
>lose all wars
>get disbanded
>le ebin :--DDD

Get some new memes. Swedish homos could learn something from Turkey. Turks are the few Europeans with balls.

Best German flag of all time

>Turks
>Europeans
What? Pick one? Also, turks are mudslime pseudo-sandniggers. Not something a real European should aspire to be.

>"You cannot put women and men on an equal footing. It is against nature. They were created differently. Their nature is different. …Our religion has defined a position for women: motherhood. …Some people can understand this, while others can't. You cannot explain this to feminists because they don't accept the concept of motherhood."

Turks are based. Meanwhile in Sweden...

/thread

fail to see what's wrong with the swedes doing that.

in fact, it's very cool for them to do that because most people seem to forget that male victims to sex violence exist.

T. Mehmet

>You cannot explain this to feminists because they don't accept the concept of motherhood.
B R U T A L
R
U
T
A
L

;DDD

Contrarian shitpost. Here's your (you). Now piss off faggot.

What makes you think turks are based? Also, post pic of your eye and timestamp to prove you're white so we can take you seriously.

Nah, the 49-star flag was shit.

Portugals older flag was much nicer

>CANADIAN

>FLAG

>COUNCIL

Should use an Iberian style shield, otherwise I agree.

I agree, Sweden is a feminist shit hole, and needs to clean up it's act, but that's actually good. There is literally nothing wrong with opening up a rape clinic for men, unless you're one of those feminists who believe men can't be raped.

All of them were better.

I prefer this version, which changes some monarchy elements, and updates it to CURRENT YEAR

You are perhaps misinformed, those colours as they appear on that flag are older than any Arabic associations.

But yeah, the current flag is the only one that makes sense.

Blue and white are the true colours of Portugal, green and red were the colours of the republican party who tried to erase our monarchy's history.

Trips speak the truth. They honestly do, this red-green thing is nonsense. Please get rid of it when you can. Even a simple colour swap would suffice.

+1 for the blue and white to the green red and yellow Portugal flag.

I doubt we'll change it. The new one is seen as "unique" and the fake meaning that gave it after the fact has stuck because of the fascist government we had for 40 years.

Blue and white are the colours of our founding King D. Afonso Henriques. Monarchy was a bit shifty by the end, but it's not like the republic has done a lot better, and I'd like some respect to a dude who cleared half a country of Moors after defeating his Spanish mother for independence.

Also, a seafaring country like us that doesn't have the ocean blue on a flag is just criminal.

>America
>Calling others cucks
Your country literally created this

Oh shit, the other day some dude here showed me your previous anthem.

I'm so sorry, Leaf, that was low as fuck, you guys got gipped.

Not him but, those chicks are fuck ugly.

Which American flag does Sup Forums like most?

None

>Rebellious Stripes

>George Rogers Clark
Holy shit, that's even uglier than ours. What the fuck.

Honestly, I don't much like the American flag. It looks cheap to me, for some reason. I think that the white/red thin lines makes it seem too 70's and sun-weathered.

Also kind of looks like a plane-direction flag, in a weird way.

I don't want to be mean but they're all quite ugly

>tfw Scottish neighbor has the Continental Colors waving right now

A lot of these went deep into full retard territory.

Guilford and Mercer

What's going on with the Bedford flag?

Great Star

It looks better against a building or on a plane imo like pic related.

Okay

Have you asked him why?

No. Idea desu.

>Have you asked him why?

He says he likes the history and heritage of our flags, both US and UK. He flies different flags all the time on the four flag poles he has in his front yard.

Right now he has the current 50 stars, Continental Colors, Union Jack, and Scottish flag.

That's kinda cool

>It looks better against a building or on a plane imo like pic related.
This is true. And I don't find it terrible, it's just meh. Ours is worse.

The amount of detail and exposition makes it look tacky, because I always imagine the fat-shirts and bikinis and pickup trucks, and it loses some value by saturation.

Americans have a unique relationship with their flag. Most other countries have it as something formal, almost as a trophy for their hard-fought country or an original family, but America doesn't have that long a history to do it, and it already started as a democracy right out of the bat, so it means something different to you.

Because you guys are all immigrants from different places, you have nothing in common except for the American dream, and the flag. So your flag means more unity than heritage, and it's pretty unique in that regard, so I wouldn't advocate for changing it (besides the number of stars, of course), even though I don't find it the best looking.

as unoriginal as it is, i still like the blue cross a lot more than this retarded lion on a red background

Gadsden

I understand what you mean, it's a pretty busy flag. I value simplicity as well, which is why I think it'd be pretty cool if they did go back to the thirteen-star flag, but even then the stripes are a bit much.

>Retarded lion stabbing itself in the head while standing on a sandnigger-sword.

Denmark has the right idea.

The 3 leaf variant looks pretty nice

To be fair, there are very few flags I like. I like the Union Jack and the Canada Leaf, because they are simple, yet distinct.

I also like the vertical and horizontal flags on principle, as well as the nordic crosses, but there's too many of them, so they all lose points on originality.

These Medieval Lions/Dragons/Eagles/Serpents/Horses all look retarded. I don't know who designed them, but they all look seriously weird.

i like Spain's flag, where are you Spain?