I CAN'T FUCKING STAND LINUX ANYMORE NOTHING FUCKING WORKS WHAT DOES "COMPILE FROM SOURCE" EVEN FUCKING MEAN...

I CAN'T FUCKING STAND LINUX ANYMORE NOTHING FUCKING WORKS WHAT DOES "COMPILE FROM SOURCE" EVEN FUCKING MEAN? WHY CAN'T I JUST DOWNLOAD SOMETHING AND RUN IT

have you tried installing gentoo?

NO AND I WONT EVEN CONSIDER IT NOW

stop being helpless, you have search engines and the internet. Learn.

It means you have to compile the program from the source code.

download something and type make install (unless the program maker is a complete cunt)

>What is a binary
>What is a statically linked binary
>What is AppImage
>What is snappy
>What is flatpack
>What is tar xvf package*.tar.gz; cd package*; make -j8; make install;

im using long time Linux but i hate that too, even GNU with Icecat or cuckzilla with nightly simple provide binaries ready to open and mentions the dependences to make it sure, why others cant do the same thing? even VMware created their own installer (next,next) like windows

we need a fucking change really

What do you want to run and what distro are you using, niggy?

>oops, missing a dependency
>oops, missing a dependency for my dependency
>oops, missing a dependency for my dependency for my dependency

I remember xchat, where the developer had some kind of ridiculously horrible buildchain specifically for windows no one seemed to be able to replicate, so he could sell builds.

see In that post, I list many solutions which are "all in one" in which packages include the dependencies that they need

>./configure
>make
>"dependencies missing"
>sudo apt get install dependency
>more dependencies missing
>sudo apt-get install dependency
>more dependencies missing
>sudo apt-get install dependency
>make
>make install
Wow so hard, like it's not made for autists wiht lots of free time.

Apparently Slackware is not for you.

OP is just shitposting. He made this thread before

lmao, but you posted anime so I'm not going to read it

underrated post

You sound southern angry white trash fat. For a woman.

Here's another scenario where C/C++ autists fail to create usable software. Of course they can use Meson and hundreds of other packages but they just won't.

Or is it possibly because C/C++ libraries can create dependency conflicts? More reason to use Rust and Rust libraries with cargo.

Makefiles are cancer. C++ autists have a sever case of babyduck syndrome. They won't adopt to better technologies.

>>>/reddit/

Not only rust though, pick any modern programming language, it has its own standard package manager that takes care of the monotonous tasks that scare fucktard users like OP

Ironic

>need specific version of software
>attempt apt get
>no package for it
>ok will just compile from source
>download it from git
>attempt compile
>errors everywhere
>google says I may need to set some more flags
>try again
>errors a different way
>Fuck it. Decide ro install windows.

>apt install

We have this bait thread everyday
Move on people nothing to see

>need specific version of software
What version of what software?

I also had this issue in windows, turns out that version of that software is not compatible with the windows I was using.

Wow, who knew

>everyone claps

Linux is for geeks. Stop trying to fit in if you're not into tinkering

Good. Stay away from Linux. The Linux community has already enough retards, Ubuntu and Arch users are examples.

sudo kill yourself

Something tells me this didn't happen. Also I've never had to install windows when something wasn't available in linux. If it was only available on windows I run a vm with windows and use the app. Meanwhile I have better security and control over my machine with far less expense with linux.

Get this. They are merely operating systems. It's not a piss match contest of what is superior over another. It's not for me anyway. They are means to and ends of getting things accomplished.

savage, m9

holy shit, and did you go out and find the proper version after that? man, you so 1337.

sage

Nah, I installed Linux instead :D

Stick with something safe:
Antergos
Mint
Ubuntu
Fedora
If you don't like figuring out how to set up your box to do basic shit then stay away from the minimalist shit.

That shit only happens on LFS

>what is a cd package

lewd user