Is FreeBSD/OpenBSD more secure than Linux?

Is FreeBSD/OpenBSD more secure than Linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170713202733/https://weaponizedautism.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/rare-public-service-goes-south/
forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=240377
people.kth.se/~maguire/DEGREE-PROJECT-REPORTS/100402-Vassilios_Ververis-with-cover.pdf
cryptome.org/2012/01/0032.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Take your stupid unrelated pic back to your containment board

The less people use something the more secure it is

Yes

Maybe OpenBSD because of their security practices.
Definitely not FreeBSD, though. I've lost all respect for FreeBSD after pic related happened.

TL;DR? the pic is very autistic

Trumptards can't wait until they go home?

Someone provided a very detailed report of practical attack on FreeBSD's update system to the FreeBSD security team.
The "security" team decided that the best course of action was to play dead for weeks and not inform the users. That is, until it got leaked to public and they had to react to the resulting shitfest.
That's just a raw summary. The details are in the image and on the archived blog of the guy that reported it:
web.archive.org/web/20170713202733/https://weaponizedautism.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/rare-public-service-goes-south/

thanks
But do you really think FreeBSD is compromised because of this?
I don't like to admit it but they played smart by waiting this shit get public
I'm not 100% sure what were they intentions though

Sounds like something like this
forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=240377

if your hardware is backdoored, it doesnt matter what OS you use

FreeBSD doesn't even have ASLR.

That's the site, not the system which is literally a cucked ubuntu.

The problem is their abysmal reaction time.
Even though they were provided all the details, they didn't fix the vulnerabilities for close to three months, nor did they inform the users.
And pretty much everyone using the standard update methods on FreeBSD was vulnerable

I fail to see how that's relevant to anything.

There is literally not a single independent research team trying to figure it out if intel or amd release chips with backdoors
Everything we have about it are speculations
That's the sad truth.
No one can and probably no one will ever spend money to test (and publish results) regarding amd and intel hardware
No one has ever bothered to look up for raspberry pi security breaches let alone complex architecture

>The problem is their abysmal reaction time.
>Even though they were provided all the details, they didn't fix the vulnerabilities for close to three months, nor did they inform the users.
>And pretty much everyone using the standard update methods on FreeBSD was vulnerable
Someone made money. Either the FreeBSD team is compromised and they enjoyed the time to allow NSA/CIA to test the hardware or they are dumb
I don't think they are dumb

My point was that sometimes open source developers neglect their responsibilities.

Asking people to revert their calendars just for downloading the latest iso is beyond retarded though.

people.kth.se/~maguire/DEGREE-PROJECT-REPORTS/100402-Vassilios_Ververis-with-cover.pdf

I don't know. I'd guess is they are just incompetent. Either way, it's a huge problem and a big reason not to use FreeBSD.

IIRC that calendar thing was Manjaro, and they managed to do it twice in a row.

this is old news
no one is testing intel/amd hardware

Truth:
1)bitcoin is a huge botnet
2)windows 10 is a extreme botnet
3)windows 7/8.1 are relative botnet
4)linux kernel is low botnet
5)GNU/Debian is low botnet

Hardware backdoor is not the first thing they try when shall they want to track/spy you. I believe it's easier to use your email/browsing against yourself.
The truth is people post their entire life on facebook. It is 2017 (current year xD) and not a single hardware company is developing safe hardware.
Every motherboard and cpu are broken by design and completely developed with backdoor/exploit in mind.
MAYBE (in the future) if you run tails on a raspberry pi/ARM using deep software you can avoid hardware backdoor

there is nothing we can do

How long until OpenBSD's vmm hypervisor is good enough to virtualize Linux?

Many linux distros don't even ship ASLR. That shit should have been mandatory decade ago.

I'd say 5 years for serious production use.
OpenBSD is years behind in virtualization thanks to Theo's autism.

why Sup Forums pajeets love virtualization?

L E W D

E

W

D

>pic is very autistic
HAHAHAHA XD

>no means yes, yes means anal

So because few people in world have access to backdoor in my hardware, I should give a crap about my OS security? Chinese botnets will be happy about that.

OpenBSD is probably one of the most secure operating systems out there.

FreeBSD not so much...

That's QubesOS or the cucks with grsec kernel.

Is either Qubes OS or your rolling own distro from scratch using Genode, but not OpenBSD cryptome.org/2012/01/0032.htm

Do not use OpenBackdoors. Btw, systemd has serious security flaws too.