There is no better depiction of technology on television or in film than this series

There is no better depiction of technology on television or in film than this series.

thanks for the status update, followed and retweeted

Reblogged and upvoted

Instagrammed and pinned

yes season 3 please

I don't have a facebook so I can't ``upboat it''?,
sorry ;_;

Have a cat picture instead.

October

seen some screens that make me almost concerned

elliots directing a group of hackers on terminals, i got the impression he was giving idiots instructions, rather than his capable, core original group

the group is rip though, 1 dead, 2 ran, sister just fucking around in ordinary rambling manner.

LOL THAT GUY GOT BTFO HAHAHA

>There is no better depiction of technology on television or in film than this series.
*Was, since season 2 there is too much mindfuck Fight Club-style going on.

Cat thread

Life is cruel sometimes.

i know. but it feels wrong. i hope i read the static screenshot with no context wrong and hes with the DA or something

Agreed.
The plotline of this show always leaves more questions than it answers though. It's annoying.
I also feel like season 2 didn't have enough of Elliot fucking shit up. The only one I can remember is him taking down the marketplace.

yes, moar of that please

and when he is picked up by joannas body guard, heads to some random shop to buy brand new gear, sets up that cantenna to snatch someones wifi and tracks that black CTO dude down

i unironically use his wallpaper from s1 as my background

yeah but that's like winning the special olympics.

even if you win, you're still retarded

Agreed.
Too bad they start to do the thing where they keep jumping into the deep end, setting up scenes that are confusing but look cool (think Angela meeting loli Angela) and just promising that it will all be explained at the end of the season. And then it isn't and you need to wait for the next season.

I just fear that it will turn into BBC's Sherlock level of "the antagonist is playing mindgames with the protagonist" and the cool shit you were originally there for (be it hacking or deductive reasoning) will take a backseat to an endless series of twists

>hacking will take a backseat
I dont think it will, if they have been pushing the ARG, the advisors, the literal setting up of correct scripts since they know it will go under the microscope. the director said he has always wanted to bring real tech to the screen. i dont believe it will go anywhere.

Well I sincerely hope not, but I feel like Elliot didn't really do much in season 2, hence my fear.

i think it had to do more with him taking a backseat as the main character. the mr robot/elliot fight would have been dragged out even further if he was the actual main focus of s2, and it was annoying as it was

I start using Kali GNU/Linux since I watch the two seasons of Mr. Robot.

The "hacking" scenes make no sense and usually involve Elliot explaining his l33t friends basic terms 3 times.
To hack FBI they really just took regex bomb that ranked on hackernews few months before and putted it their without context.
And most important hacking is magically happening off screen without explanation.

Of course. Pirating (and not hacking) is too complex and boring for people to watch.

Dunno about that. Pirates of Caribbean was a hit and Captain Phillips is freaking good movie.

So I see you're running GNOME.

Probably one of the most ridiculous introduction discussion with those two giants - I hope that you understood that Tyrell is the only one who can compare his skills to those of Elliot.

cool man, nothing wrong with that. learning lots?

>The "hacking" scenes make no sense
I need a specific scene where you take issue.

its ok.
imo the show was good until eliot started tripping balls and imagining his dad.

Are you subtly saying it wasn't ever good because he pops up in the first twenty minutes of the first episode

that is fucking hilarious and i do not know why

I skipped almost the whole 2nd season. Have i missed anything?

Quintessentially Liked

You're right.

>Gideon dies
>Cisco dies
>Trenton and mobley think they can recover the hash
>FBI knows who every single person in fsociety is
>tyrell is alive
>stage 2 is to blow up a building with all the paper records in the middle of manhatten

I'm trying to think what else is IMPORTANT. A fucking lot happened, but how much of it was critical? That's an interesting point I've never had to consider before

cisco was pretty fuckable
why did he die ;_;

angela joins dark army? i think

>To hack FBI they really just took regex bomb that ranked on hackernews
>Implying they should reveal their s3cr37 exploits

>Quintessentially

Not as realistic as the k-drama called Phantom, but I don't expect people to know the show.

No shit eh? Is it a good show?

It's a kdrama, and the hacking is csi level. He's trolling you.

I liked season 1 of Mr Robot (didn't watch s2) but the show only makes sense in a world where security cameras don't exist. So many of their devious plots would completely fall apart of the real world expectation of security cameras existing were realized. Also, the classic "everything is brute-force-able" meme despite the fact that every modern system will just reject you after 5 attempts

i'm saying that they shouldn't have had made the dad an imaginary figure. i felt that the moment the shown did that, it lost its focus on the whole 'hacking' thing in place of standard, at best, mediocre drama.

The only one I can think of it the steel mountain hack, maybe. But even then its a non issue since tyrell found Elliot, and there's no cameras in the bathrooms.

The FBI won't have cameras on their floor. You can't have CCTV on red networks, because then every single person involved in that chain requires the security clearance to monitor the cameras, handle the backups, etc etc.

>every modern system will just reject you after 5 attempts
That's why botnets exist.

I didn't find that the most offensive part of the show desu. It's the mind games of the second season, which cast doubt on the entire fucking show; was any of it real?

that too. desu I think the show should've taken a more episodic approach, where each episode would lead up to destroying the economy while simultaneously building character (ending s1). Then s2 could show the aftermath but w/o the mind games.

A botnet isn't gonna help you try more passwords than there are computers in the world

Also literally the entire motivation / ultimate plot for season 1 is borderline plagiarism of fight club. I'm almost surprised they didn't get sued with how many plot points they lifted

They just copy the main idea. That's all.

it'sa homage to fight club you dunce, hence why the ending scene of season one had the pixies song just tuned differently.

^ this.

>Can bruteforce facebook password with keywords even when he does not have the hash
Just no, fuck off.

> (OP)
>>Can bruteforce facebook password with keywords even when he does not have the hash
>Just no, fuck off.
He is the Mastet. He has skills you don't have.

Why didn't you die, stupid weeb?

I'm sorry if you miss the main point of the introduction of the firt episode. He controls the biggest botnet in the world.

>>putted it their

my god is this shit still going, was good until you realised most of it is in hes fuckin head, schizo hackerman that does pharms...no wonder Sup Forums creams on it.

and this is coming from a drug using, techy who actually lives like this..just without the fuckin bullshit paranoia.

Who got some wallpapers?

Retweeted. Upvoted. Liked. Pinned. Shared. Tagged. Reblogged. Favourited. Followed. Faxed.