Why is the south so poor? They have more resources and people than the north. They should be a lot richer

Why is the south so poor? They have more resources and people than the north. They should be a lot richer.

And no, imperialism is not an answer. A strong society should be able to protect itself against it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI
ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news/nations/spain/2012/06/12/Algeria-Middle-class-rush-snatch-up-homes-Spain_7022948.html
echoroukonline.com/ara/mobile/articles/198608.html
auraree.com/real-estate-news/chinese-algierians-among-top-buyers-spanish-real-estate/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Amenas_hostage_crisis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because their niggers hahaha

Quite a few of the "more developed countries" are actually poorer than the "less developed" ones according to that map.

>Moldova is more developed than Singapore

>Russia
>Developed

Because the European race is the best.

shit map desu

Yeah, you guys are richer than moldova

reminds me of this serb that was saying my argentinian friend lived in a shithole, meanwhile argentina's hdi, among other things, is significantly higher

though desu i think that says more about serbia than argentina

And most of Eastern Europe and Central Asia.

POOR ?

:-D LMAO

Why is Latin America always considered better in all these ratings if Eastern Europe is objectivelly a better place to live?

That's just listing nominal gdp per capita.
I would argue that living in here is better than living in Moldova or Albania, though
Optimistically I'd say we (Uruguay) are baltic countries tier in terms of living quality

Because GDP per capita doesn't take into account inequality.

Proper education is probably not available for everyone in those countries.

we aren't poorer than eastern europe

It´s really good if you've got the monies.
Wouldnt change it to any other place really

because it's not

Only economists and autists jerk off to GDP. Mexico is supposedly a wealthy country but 99% of Mexicans are living in slums and the country is as violent, lawless and corrupt as Syria or some African country.

Everytime I look at any latin country in Google street I only see some grey endless dirty huts. I wouldn't even move there from here and you compare it to Poland and Czechia. Nonsense.

Because if you have money it can get to European levels, but if you dont it can get to african levels

if i only looked for shithole parts of eastern europe i could also easily find them, m8

chile is considered first-world by some measures, argentina isn't that far behind them

The Oil rich countries aren't poor.

I can cherry pick too

You can't live in huts in eastern europe because you'll die during winter.

I was there and in the big cities most places look very nice.

My point is I always just point absolutely random places and everytime I see the same picture. In Eastern Europe I hove to look for shitty places since random poining usually gets at least something decent.

Where, exactly?

Accounting for inequality in the HDI, Argentina is only slightly lower than Russia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI

I see nothing wrong in this picture besides ugly houses.

Columbia. Bogota
Yes towards the south the city becomes shitty but with a decent job you live there better than with a decent job here.

Its because you have to know where to look, like i said it can get to african levels of poverty

What's shit about this? No asphalt or what?

And again, in both cases I just took absolutely random place, one in Poland and one in Uruguay and I was doing that for many months already, it's always pretty much the same.
I would consider that a ghetto.

Those overhead cables. I do not want to live there.

Dude, I take random shots, around the country in google street, I don't look specially for something. So random shot in Eastern Europe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>random shot in Latin America.

>I would consider that a ghetto.

Why? Besides the lack of asphalt the houses are modest but tidy. There are trees, gardens and shit.

Botswana and a few more African countries have higher GDP per captia than Serbia. Fucking meme maps

Thats why, south america is not an equal place, if you dont know where to go youll end up in a little shit village, but if you know you can go to a nice neighborhood that looks like Europe or America

That doesn' t look that bad. I still don' t like those overhead cables.

Is that okay for you or something? Is that average Latin American neighbourood? How can you even compare that to Eastern Europe?
I dunno, may be I am that unlucky, post your hoods then.

>I would consider that a ghetto

Why? Houses look shittier? It's the new world, they got shit taste.

>I dunno, may be I am that unlucky, post your hoods then.
Nice try NSA
I dont live here btw

Because houses look like self made huts in ghetto.
Then show me good places. Not rich ones like gated communities here but something slightly above average. And come on, that's Buenos Aires , not some village.
That looks worse than Eastern Europe, that;s my point.

This logic practically counts for any country tbqh. If I was a millionaire I would be treated like a king from Africa all the way to Nippon and beyond. This is one of the perks of globalization, if you are rich in one country you are rich in every country.

Its a non shithole street in a big city, but i do agree with you that there are less of those here, as i said you need money
Yeah but if you are poor in Europe you are better off then being poor in africa or southamerica

wow rude, can 1/3 of you vote online?

>Because houses look like self made huts in ghetto.

Ugly-looking isn't the same as poor. You may not like how those houses look but they probably have all the basic services and the people inside them live ok.

Many Latin-American cities are shitty grids built in a few decades but you can have a pretty place where the people live like shit as well.

Ok, that's something already. On the polish level.

this is where my friend lives desu, san salvador de jujuy, capital of one of the poorer provinces of argentina, first pic i found that wasnt a skyline

looks okay imo

you also have to consider that some parts of eastern europe (poland for example) get eubux, latam is on their own.

Your little map is bullshit. Let me give you an illustration of what happens in the frontier, between Algeria and Spain (300km).
ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news/nations/spain/2012/06/12/Algeria-Middle-class-rush-snatch-up-homes-Spain_7022948.html
echoroukonline.com/ara/mobile/articles/198608.html
auraree.com/real-estate-news/chinese-algierians-among-top-buyers-spanish-real-estate/
That's right, the Algerian middle-class is exproptiating the spanish middle-class from it's homes because of the subprimes crisis.

Besides being richer is not the endgoal of a society. Being happier is and people are simply happier in the south (in B4 happiness index).
Now stop chatting shit and go eat your antidepressants Gunther.

You are very happy and happiness causes war and instability. :^)

Aluha Ackbar my friend.

>cantral square
I never look at central squares because If I did then even Russia and Ukraine would look as nice countries.
And we don't have EU money, still at least somewhat renovated commieblock hoods here are way ahead of these American huts.

What war and instability? All our terrorists are either dead or in Europe. We didn't have a terrorist attack in 10 years.
1. Shut up
2. Your Antidepressant. Take them.

fuck off Amartya Sen

North had more time and better conditions to develope culture and infrastructure.

Also the map excluded places like Singapore. Why is that?

outliers

still looks fine to me

YOU don't, but poland does, greece does, etc etc. it matters.

and again, you and argentina are almost the same in inequality-adjusted hdi, so if argentina is a shithole, then russia is also one

sure, i could talk about congolombia becase it's probably closest to africa-tier, but then in return you can bring up fucking moldova or something

>UAE
>Undeveloped

Does the massive attack on an oil refinery a year or two ago not count?

What about the revolution?
I thought there was also something in Algeria.
Don't you have any ISIS dudes?

That was
1. Over three years ago
2. in the extreme south of the country. Barely in Algeria.
3. Targetted expat workers (not saying, it isn't a tragedy just that it's a bad example).
>Deaths At least 67 (at least 37 foreign hostages, an Algerian security guard and 29 militants)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Amenas_hostage_crisis

>What about the revolution?
That was in Tunisia and Egypt
>I thought there was also something in Algeria.
No
>Don't you have any ISIS dudes?
No Isis but we have other groups in the desert. They are dealt with like pic related, as soon as they come close to cities.
>(Knocks on wood).

wasn't that the time you btfo a bunch of hostages with attack helicopters?

>They are dealt with like pic related
they must be really happy people. Glad for them. :^)

Constant competition (in warfare, in commerce) over hundreds (to perhaps 1000's?) of years led to social innovation and invention.

The university led to innovation and invention.

Separate states/ethnicities in conflict, yet at times united = cultural interchange, helped by a lingua franca.

Acquisitiveness for souls (evangelicalism) and material goods = expansion, more cultural and material interchange (e.g., the Columbian exchange).

Seafaring cultures.

This is all good, and led to hegemony.

Once the modern age hit, with industrialization, there was no comparison between industrialized nations with generations of giants of all kinds to stand on.

Basically, when Euros met foreigners, it was a matter of technologies and systems of logistics and organization vs. people living in a near paleolithic lifestyle.

The civilizations met along the way were still very primitive by contemporary standards.

Also, infectious diseases weakened many of the peoples they met along the way.

A few countries weren't taken by force, because they were developed enough to offer trade, rather than raw, undeveloped resources (e.g., China, Japan). This led to diplomatic relations, and technological exchange.

And stuff.

Yes. God bless russian helicopters.

happypeople.png

That's just a van full of strawberry juice that spilled after an explosion, right?

Funnily enough when they started started shooting, all they knew was that the van refused to stop at a police checkpoint. But I fully support this policy tbqdesu. There is zero negociation to be had with terrorists.

because we're better vladimir

only the climate makes it better to live here than the frozen post commie industrial wastelands that is most of ee

I can give you several reasons but I don't feel like it would reach an audience either way and honestly abridging it would be a disservice.

Africa and India drags the average down.

Dont worry though, China is going to take over and develope all of them soon

>Dont worry though, China is going to take over and develope all of them soon

China isn't really investing that much in countries really. and the amount of loans they give out is far form the amount people hype up (they reject many requests).

When the wealthy trade routes don't pass you by for thousands of years, you end up much less developed than the rest of the world, and once they do you are in a weak position where you either give into Imperialism to make some money, and hopefully bring yourself up, or live in the dirt and wait to be taken over by the guys with guns.