Windows

Okay, so is the only thing wrong with Windows 10 is the spying on you part? Because, seriously otherwise it is a fucking great system. I installed it on a virtual machine, downloaded the iso from Microsoft, choose Pro and didn't even activate. After joining the Insider programme, even the "Activate Windows .." watermark disappeared. You can use this OS "free as a beer". After installing development tools and some others software I wanted to try out, I started to like it more. Smooth, easy to use/works out of box, you don't need to spend time researching to achieve something. I guess you cannot achieve the level of customization you could on Linux, but at least it looks like it won't break so easily.

As time goes by, I really getting tired of getting stuck on Linux because of minor things, like driver support (which I cannot even influence) and really, I value my time more than my "freedom". It would be good to live in Stallman's utopia, but who has time to mess around with you freedom software everytime you want to do some work. I certainly don't.

Don't delete your pic m8

It is also somewhat glitchy on older systems, and the start menu is still hard to get used to. Otherwise it is actually fine.
>he uses pro
I use Education and server versions. I do set up telemetry to Security.

I just thought people will bitch about the anime background. :(

On a anime website?

The start menu is bad, having two control panels is bad, but other than that it works just fine.
If they added a windows 7 theme all the nostalgia fags would install 10 in a heartbeat, they would fucking forget about all the cons they mention everyday.

Telemetry: who cares, they are not spying on you, they want to know how are you using the OS so they can improve it. A lot of source code got leaked and I didn't see any article about "leaked source code reveals obscure telemetry secrets!!11". And trust me a lot of people want that to happen.

You can buy a win 8.1 key for like 2 usd on ebay and activate win10 with it.

>Okay, so is the only thing wrong with Windows 10 is the spying on you part?
no
>I guess you cannot achieve the level of customization you could on Linux, but at least it looks like it won't break so easily.
noone here expects that windows may ever reach that level of customization
but closing down on options availible in win7 is absolutely ludicrous and no you are plain wrong it will break just as easy because customization is rarely the problem
>like driver support
>shill tier bait
also installing w10 on a laptop for a friend was a giant chore because the maker didn´t provide proper for his hardware and w10,
meaning i had to search the drivers from the component producers websites.
on linux i literally didn´t have to do anything besides installing the distro and be done
because your dumb "drivers" meme is wrong
>I value my time more than my "freedom"
using free software is such a big waste of time it totally doesn´t just offer you the option to waste it, no you have to, you have to rice your desktop because that is what free software is for
are you actually retarded mate?
if you don´t want a time sink don´t use the features that take time to use.

But anime is trash.

>also installing w10 on a laptop for a friend was a giant chore
What shit laptop did your friend buy?
All laptops are win10 read nowadays.
Idk sounds like BS to me,

you DO have to rice your shit if you use a modern piece of hardware (read: any display made since Y2K with a DPI high enough that you can't see each fucking pixel)

every linux DE is absolutely garbage malware-tier shit and terminal window managers are trash out of the box, need ricing, and hardly "just werk" with anything other than fucking terminal windows

linux is clearly superior for servers and I'd probably kill myself if I had to manage windows server at work again but fuck dude, don't pretend it's not absolute shite on the desktop

anime website

The control panel in w10 is still fucked from 8. There's still the metro shit in regards to networking settings for no reason, and other things.

I think windows has a lot of good layout for that stuff so it's extra irking that the metro shit fucks it over

>The control panel in w10 is still fucked from 8. There's still the metro shit in regards to networking settings for no reason, and other things.
>I think windows has a lot of good layout for that stuff so it's extra irking that the metro shit fucks it over
It is slowly getting better, but I like the classic start menu more, hope they leave it there too.

Yup Linux sucks for hi doing. Also the font rendering between all the different platforms is trash and inconsistent.(gtk, X, pango, qt, etc)

Yup Linux sucks for hi dpi. Also the font rendering between all the different platforms is trash and inconsistent.(gtk, X, pango, qt, etc)

nope, no real source code has been leaked, if anything it was some update preview code. also, they do not want to know how I use it, they want to know what I do at all times.

>Also the font rendering between all the different platforms is trash and inconsistent.(gtk, X, pango, qt, etc)
Another great point, there is hardly anything more tedious in computing than trying not to give yourself eye cancer and permanent chink eyes fucking with this

>they want to know what I do at all times
Proof?

it was an old one
but sure w10 has only drivers for new hardware?
what shit excuse is that?

Nice to see even animefags don't disagree with the point that anime is trash

atleast our gfs are perfect unlike 3DPD

At least our GFs exist.

Can't have a perfect GF if she's not even real. But hey, you have fun being all alone with your cartoons drawn by middle aged Japanese men.

spying, "app"store, "apps", forced "updates", cortana.
I had a public folder with movies on my pc, after one of those fucking updates I couldn't access it from the network anymore despite it being readable to anyone. in return I got a shortcut to some fucking mail app on my task bar. thanks, microsucks.

Animetard got rekt

If I believe she is real then for me she is, that is all that matter.

how old?...

brb puking

dunno, didn´t check that i just know that he had it for years, as that´s the only thing in that regard that he told me.
If it matters there were drivers for w7 on the makers page.

How much did you get paid to write this you fucking shill? Or do they give you templates and you just copy paste them?

Wow.

Ok just asking because that's weird to me. Usually all you have to do is plug the USB in, install windows and then just let it install all the drivers automatically.
Your case was an exception, not the rule.

i know that it is an exception
i just want to make it obvious that the driver problems in linux are an exception too and that it can happen on w10 too
since the implication of the op is that linux has some big driver problem that w10 doesn´t