Can we get a mice thread going. my g9x is dying on me and i'd appreciate some insight on good replacement options

can we get a mice thread going. my g9x is dying on me and i'd appreciate some insight on good replacement options

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=g pro mouse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Recently picked up the logitech mx master 2s. Loving it so far.

Find a G400

Is anyone here handy enough to have fixed an older house that is starting to crap out? I have been using pic related for about 4 years on and off, and not when I click and drag to highlight stuff or select cells in excel, the mouse has a tendency to "let go" while I'm clicking and dragging. Then on it's own it will click itself down again and continue dragging. It is incredibly annoying. It seems to work properly when I apply a lot of force down while clicking, and keeping a lot of force applied while dragging. Anyone know how to fix that?

g9x is still the best. fix it.

i doubt it's fixable. even if it is it wouldn't be economical enough to justify it
i'm check out new mices and i'm not falling off my chair for anything at the moment. the G903 seems good but looks meh and is expensive as hell

Haha I have 3 of these along with a box of replacement cords.

I have this mouse

Hae you cleaned it properly? If you lift upwards on the buttons , they should rise. Just use some compressed air on it and it should clean it.

> (OP)
>Recently picked up the logitech mx master 2s. Loving it so far.
Worth it over the MX master first generation? In maple pesos the first one is $95 while the 2S is $160.
If the 2S isn't going to personally massage my hand cramps away I dont see the value

g903 looks fine but it's larger than the G9x (especially gripless mode), and I believe heavier too. It would be a downgrade for me personally.

i wouldn't mind the fact it's bigger the g9x is slightly smaller than my hand, i just don't like the transformer look it has to it, and the fact it doesn't look ergonomic enough which is a big deal for me

Not worth it over the regular one, flow (software kvm) and an almost double long lifetime doesnt seem like a purchase of $90 worth if you already have the same thing.

there really is no good replacement for the g9x, sorry. i bought another one when i heard they were going to stop producing them. fix it if you can.

my mouse powers off and on for a few moment every several minutes and the scroll wheel just goes on a week's worth of vacation every few days. it's dead unfortunately

G403

Have you opened it? Mine had a visible stripped wire in the cable entrance, I fixed it myself with a solder.

I used to use a g9x, I use a g pro now.
Smaller, lighter mouse, but I also use a lower sensitivity than I used to

>G9x
>dying
OP don't lie

i wish i was lying!

doubt that's the reason it powers on and off, no i didn't open it's interior don't know how either

I've been using a Corsair M65, and its starting to shit the bed. Middle click is not registering most of the time anymore. Already tried opening, and cleaning it up. This is a warranty replacement mouse, so no more warranty on it.

What should I buy? I dont want a "gaming" mouse, but need one with extra buttons.

I dont like wireless mice.

What should I get?
not a fan of logitech
No chink shit please

wtf is a 'g pro'

>G400S dies
>Logitech sends me G502 Proteus Spectrum as replacement
>mfw I get it and try it out
Holy fucking shit this autistic spaceship mouse is amazing.

the sniper button doesn't bother you? it's the main reason i don't want it

My normal thumb position doesn't come anywhere near it, I have it set to F5 for non-gaming use and that's super convenient.

> I have it set to F5 for non-gaming use and that's super convenient
oh shit i haven't though about that. maximum sloth. i'm still worried about it though

lmgtfy.com/?q=g pro mouse

All the extra buttons on this are honestly even more enjoyable for non-gaming than gaming. Scroll wheel left and right set to page up and down are great. Thumb buttons set to copy and paste (mouse gestures for back/forward) are great. The little button under the scroll wheel unlocker set to alt-F4 can be a lifesaver for those who don't live alone.
This mouse has by far the best scroll wheel I've ever used. Every button has a super satisfying click to it and isn't too hard or easy to click.

oh so it's just a more expensive g203

It's also super similar in size/shape to my long beloved G400(s). I can say that G502 is now the default mouse for old G400(s) fans now that G402 is discontinued.

could be a bad cord. could be a bad capacitor. both are fixable and is worth it if you're really good at using that mouse.

>bad capacitor
>in a mouse
I've never heard of mouse capacitors failing. More likely cable or switches failing. Both easy to replace.

> if you're really good at using that mouse.
don't really play competitive shooters anymore. just like spoiling myself with decent gear because i still spend tons of time on PC. if i'd find a model that's good for me i'll switch even though i really liked the g9x

>it powers on and off
That's literally the sympton mine had because of the bad cord inside.

how did you open it?

Carefully take out the rubber pads to reveal screws, then examine the cord. I recommend you take a picture of the inside to remember the position of things. You can also take out the wheel and clean it, it has tiny plastic part that can fly away when you remove the wheel.

and how do you assemble the rubber pads back then? wouldn't i need to glue it?

Thin double sided tape would do.

rate my mouse

l didn't and l opened it a lot of times, l kept the rubber pads in a box for a week and still had adherence.

kind of worried about this since i'm clumsy as fuck but i'll try when i'll have an alternative mouse close i could use if i fuck things up, thanks!

i toob both pads off, only the one at the bottom has screws, it took the two of them off but it's still not enough

you can buy new mouse buttons and solder them in

oh no i just fucked up at the top that's why

Rival 310 is coming out august 1.

pick zowie mouse

Just get a FK1. There really aren't many other options.

to the kind user that told me how to open the g9x and what to look for inside, thank you very much it works now

Told ya, this is a top quality micefu, but the cord can wear out over time. Mine has 7 years of daily use.

I wanted to buy that MMO Logitech Mouse, just because it has a shit ton of buttons.

well my cord is wrapped up in orange isolierband but i guess that's good enough until i buy something new, better than the "alternative" mouse i had in hand if i'd fuck up

What's wrong with it?

If it's just switches you can replace them

so what's a stupid inexpensive bluetooth mouse that will work on linux?

What's a good finger grip mouse?

I have a CM Spawn which is more of a claw grip, and the side buttons are very small

I replaced my g9x with a g502 about 10 months ago

AM NOT DISAPPOINT

G602

>oh no my DeathAdder 2015 is dying
>I'd really like to repla....
>"oh wait a minute"
>go ebay "omron microswitches" Order
>solder new switches => like brand new mouse

geee I wonder

I had a g9, then a g9x.

After the g9x was discontinued, ive spend years trying to find a replacement.

The g303 and g502 cannot compare. Ive tried about every logitech/razer mouse.

Fucked with steelseries, fucking with mionix.

The only mouse I felt beat the g9x was the logitech g900/g903

Bite the bullet, you will not regret it.

After four generations of gaymen mice I switched to $5 Chinese gaymen mice for everything including gaymen. Mostly because of their size and number of buttons, not because I care much for LED.

Frankly, it works fine for me. They're easily good enough.

My g9 is still working.
I hope it doesn't die soon.

g9x working here too. Scared when it finally dies :(

G502 has lasted me 4 years now

razer deathadder is probably way overpriced but I really like it. Other mice just feel way too heavy or awkwardly shaped to me.

Get the Xornet II

I bought a g9x for $50 new 3 years ago, sold it for $100 on fleabay 2 years later.

Now I'm rocking a g502. The one thing I miss about the g9x was it's width. It was great for guys with big hands, the g502 is fucking designed for manlets.

>Xornet II
i was just about to ask about that. I had the xornet and loved it, but it broke. Is it worth £26? seems a bit steep, given mine broke in 2 years (might have just got unlucky

I just bought this mouse on the cheap ($12) because the cord on...

This one gave out after, only a year I think

What's a good optical mouse? I like their precision, laser mice are pretty inaccurate due to acceleration or some shit like that

Nice ovary icon.
I have their mech keyb, it's aite. Much cheaper than what /kbg/ espouses.

G400 coming up on 3 years now, hully shit

looks more like tesla/iud to me

Disgusting

That makes no sense, disable acceleration or the bloatware in your machine, or buy a decent laser mouse.

Bought this on Amazon, waiting for it to arrive. I've gone from regular mouse to vertical and now trying this, Tendinitis is a bitch.

Eh, I liked my G9x too but the thing is old af. Had it for almost 7 years, still working fine, but I got a G203 and honestly it's much better. Doesn't rattle, not as heavy, has a middle button that you can actually click and the optical sensor is noticeably better than the laser trash

No, there are comparisons on youtube, where with every kind of mouse accel turned off the laser mouse in particular still somehow accelerates, not sure how to describe it

My G400S died, and it was the best mouse I've had so far, but finding a replacement is much more expensive than the original price i got it for. Any decent mice simillar to the g400s feel?

G500s

when will you guys ever learn

>actually owning topre

you are a meme, kys

enjoy your razor and corsair products my dude

Enjoy your overpriced garbage. I build my own 75% with mx cherry for 60€

are you poor?

That's the argument topre shills usually come up with for literally wasting money. No, I just have self respect and craftmanship.

after my logitech g9 died recently i bought a razer abyssus v2 for 26 eurobucks; so far its an okay mouse, it's just lacking the side button; how did i do?

You have chosen... poorly

so you are.

>No, I just have self respect and craftmanship.
>No

6/10 made me respond

It has lights.