}
}
}
}
}
}
}
});

70% of Sup Forums doesn't know anything about programming, so they just complain about things they don't know anything about. Use what language is right or the job and has the most support.

Python is best snek but worst language.

Sup Forums Actually does like Python. I don't know why you think we don't.

I like that they're not poisonous, but I wouldn't want to be killed by one.

do you know a good python IDE that uses idk, lines? or color codes indentation depth depth?

that's the bare minimum to read python code

repl.it/languages/python

It depends.
You could use it to write a package or a tool that working with would require under 20 SLOC or even a gui.
There usually isn't much hard programmin to do with it and more sticking modules together, so I don't know under what you'd file that.
We did have one guy at work who reimplemented a large part of DataFrames to extend their capabilities, but instances like that are rare.
It's a great language for engineers and scientists.

.t electrical engineer

dynamic typing is a pain in the ass for others reading your code.

if the project is small, and you will be the only one seeing the code, then I might consider python.

dynamic types have no place in medium or large projects.

>You could use it to write a package or a tool that working with would require under 20 SLOC or even a gui.
those are written in C/C++ or Java for Jython for better efficiency

Dynamic typing does not belong in any project with more than one developer involved.

Write in cyphon then mate
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Opinions on kivy?

The calculations he is probably talking about are not that CPU intensive, but you might need to find an optimum or a good trade-off. Python is excellent for those scripts

t. another electrical engineer

There's been a shitposting shill showing up in threads recently posting shitty reaction images with something like ">2017 >still using GCC" as the text. Nothing is sacred anymore.

Acceptable on mobile. On the desktop use Gambas.

Sup Forums isn't a collective, all we do is argue.

python makes programming more accessible to people, which frustrates nerds.

Sup Forums is like the hipster-wannabe community of tech enthusiasts. they don't like the idea of anything making their thing mainstream.

stop being so bitchy about your favorite things becoming popular. it's no more endearing than people seeing their favorite band on late night and suddenly disliking them.

This, Sup Forums is contrarian as fuck which is the only reason why people don't like Python much here.

>not using async await
>never worked before

Pythons are peaceful sneks. They don't kill, only cuddle.

>python makes programming more accessible to people
No, python makes scripting more accessible to retards.

Python is a scripting language

Fuck you, and people like you, who introduce dynamically typed languages into code bases. Everytime I have to deal with crappy Javascript/Python/Erlang code I die a little more inside. Unfortunately I assume you take delight in my pain, as only a true sadist would consider inflicting dynamically typed languages upon others :(

I literally use Python in my database (Postgres), my backend language, and my frontend web application (Flask).

I've even got a robot running 100% Python3, I've got everything running through ctypes.

Hell, I use Python in both my jobs.

Who told you Sup Forums doesn't like Python?

This guy is right

I can understand the types part but take your curly braces desu

>staticbabbys need their types spoonfed to them

Because some Sup Forums neckbeards think the more complicated something is the better it is. Python is easy and simple, so manchild minds think it's bad.
That's why you see retards spending years trying to rice their obscure linux distros.

Programming is like books, and languages are like genres.

You'll find people who dislike SciFi, who love Fantasy, who degrade anyone who reads Comedic books, and circlejerks on the internet to PopSci.

Problem is, when you need to write a reference book on weather patterns, you get idiots like Sup Forums who try to write it as a Fantasy book because that's their favorite genre, instead of learning as many languages as needed to complete their tasks.

And then they'll defend it with "YOU CAN'T DESCRIBE THE WEATHER OF SEPTEMBER WITHOUT FIFTEEN CHAPTERS OF WORLDBUILDING" even though that's not at all what you need for a reference book.

If you hate a language, you probably just don't know what it's used for. And that's ok, but you're still a twat.

Luckily I think dynamically types languages are slowly dying out. It will of course take a while but I can't think of any new, successful, dynamically typed language created after 2000. You could possibly argue for Elixir, but it is still pretty hipster tier.

I think most criticism is about its many inefficiencies.

It's OOP started off as an interpreter hack, and in it's current form is not much better
Whitespace syntax is legitimately the worst idea in the world
People use it for projects entirely too large for a language so slow
>muh cython
Import cancer

Vim

Pycharm or Vim

What's so great about color coding, besides providing a visual distinction between comments and code?

It's the only language I know of where having whitespace rendered is a good thing.

> muh cython
> SINGLE LANGUAGE FOR ENTIRE PROJECT
> Very maintainable
> actually complaining about 2ns

Piece of shit

This. No new dynamically typed language will ever become popular. Elixir will never be relevant and Dart doomed itself to irrelevancy just by starting out with dynamic typing. Out of pure desperation the Dart developers have transitioned to static typing and a sound type system but the catastrophic damage has already been done and they'll never recover.

Dynamic typing was a mistake and has been recognized as such by everyone that's competent.

>dynamic typing was a mistake
>even c++ now has auto

Because Sup Forums isn't one person and is actually filled with retards who do not actually program, and instead pretend that they program by reading snippets of books and discussions between people who actually program.

Python is cool for doing small things, working with databases, spreadsheets, etc. It also cooperates well with other languages (IronPython for .NET, etc). It's also very cross-platform.

Is shit

auto has nothing to do with dynamic typing. auto is just type inference and is completely statically typed.

Because it actually works.
Remember that weeb site that Sup Forums was making in fucking golan?
It was surpassed by something made in three days by some tranny neets using python.

Python is a programming language that is commonly used to write scripts.

Anyone who thinks Python isn't a programming language doesn't know anything about programming.