How do freetards justify using non-free sites and even Sup Forums? Lots of sites have non-free elements...

How do freetards justify using non-free sites and even Sup Forums? Lots of sites have non-free elements, are proprietary, etc. Even Sup Forums is. So, how do you justify using these sites rather than the handful of open source and free ones?

Because the FSF has yet to make a list of approved sites and if they did Sup Forums sure wouldn't be on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.en.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can use it without non-free javascript.

No. Even if you could, Sup Forums is not open source and the ads are borderline malware and non-free.

Sup Forums's code doesn't run on my mashine it runs on a server. You can just block the ads.

Yes you can. Download libreJS and then install 4chanx. It just werks.

Lots of shit doesn't run on your machine, but that never stopped people from complaining sites aren't open source before. Because how can you know what Sup Forums does with your data otherwise?

Using propietary software isn't eithically wrong. Its just that propietary software takes away your freedom. If someone else wanted to use propietary software I would feel sorry for them because they don't have freedom but I wouldn't think they were doing something ethically wrong. Sup Forums contains no DRM and can be used without running non-free code.

How do you justify breathing air?

Air is open source. Anyone with a mass spectrometer can analyze the contents of it.

OP read this.
gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.en.html

How does that refute what I said? It seems like he's saying the same shit I am. So, since Sup Forums is not open source, how do people here who care about their freedoms justify using it? There are other open source imageboards and imageboard software.

>In its essence, social networking is a form of communication and publication, not SaaSS. However, a service whose main facility is social networking can have features or extensions which are SaaSS.

C O G N I T I V E
D I S S O N A N C E

fpbp

see

And Sup Forums has no SaaSS? We sure don't have a flash board, oekaki, closed source, etc., here. Clearly Sup Forums is the epitome of the GNU philosophy.

see To actually believe that shit you need a thorough dosage of CD.

I don't use the flash or oekaki board.

Even if a website is free and open source, there is no way of verifying that the code running on the server is the same code that is published.
Visiting a proprietary website doesn't inherently take away your freedom, but allowing it to run proprietary code or giving it information to track you with does.

Freetards are tech illiterate teenage posers. To be a true freetard you basically have to live mostly off the internet and be connected with nothing and only do word processing on a ThinkPad from 2004. These are the retards who will use fucking Android from GOOGLE while using cellular serives and have the audacity to think this is 'free'. Fucking retards need to be round up and gassed.

But the site does. If even the ability to use non-free shit is enough to make freetards go wild, how is Sup Forums exempt from that for having non-free boards?

Even moreso since the Sup Forums pass. How do people who buy them know what happens to the data without the source? And, if they do not buy it, how do they then justify using the Google captcha required to post? That is an even bigger privacy issue. Either way you slice it, being on Sup Forums is hypocritical of freetards.

You can browse and post in Sup Forums without its non-free JS.

No wonder someone who calls people "free tards" can't figure this out, though.

I don't agree with Sup Forums. I think they shpould free the code like infinity chan. But I am not using any non-free software what so ever by using. google captcha is fine and can run without non-free JS.

And the captcha is fine? Giving Google a way to track you is fine as long as it isn't non-free JS? It matters how Google knows about your posts and not the fact that they have their hand up your ass while posting "anonymously"?

Just because something endorses nonfree software in a very specific section of the site doesn't mean that you should avoid it. Banning discussion of nonfree software isn't a good idea either.
In the end, you can use this site without running proprietary code on your own machine, so you still have your freedom.

You can avoid fingerprinting and mask your IP using something like the Tor browser. Without JavaScript, it's rather difficult to track.

tor is banned on Sup Forums.

Annoying retards like you is priceless.

Why do they use the Internet if it's not free?