Thanks CIA Niqqas

Thanks CIA Niqqas

Other urls found in this thread:

appnee.com/sublime-text-3-universal-license-keys-collection-for-win-mac-linux/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The fuck am I looking at? Did the CIA hax my text editor?

Vault 7, multiple CIA keys were released with info. OP registered Sublime Text with a CIA purchased key.

it was blacklisted long ago. use the twatterinc

Why the fuck would anybody ever use a proprietary text editor? I just don't get it.

Because it works well, it's fast, and has a decent UI. Most open source editors fail outright on one, if not all, of those points.

I don't see how. It's text editing, not 3d modeling.

This one has a bunch of neat features and a clean UI.

So does properly configured vim. Which is why I installed sublime-text and then never used it.

Because it's better. It's a text editor that actual technical users, not just dumb normies, are willing to pay for. That's how good sublime text is. Free software cannot compete.

How about Atom?
Sounds like a pretty good competitor if you ask me

You know, we had universal license keys before the CIA key...

appnee.com/sublime-text-3-universal-license-keys-collection-for-win-mac-linux/

Literally what? What non-proprietary text editor is used by dumb normalfags? I can't think of even one. Normalfags use notepad.exe, aka proprietary software.

Enjoy your drone strike, faggot

>using sublime text when vim and vscode exist
nice meme

Since this is now the designated text editor shitting thread, I've got a question to ask:

I've been using vi / vim since I was a kid, but recently picked up programming in scheme. Emacs seems like a good thing to learn for this, but for my feeble vim-addled mind pressing all those ctrl-key combos seems quite difficult. How can I get over this? Should I use Evil mode, or bite the bullet and continue learning emacs the "emacs way"?

Have you tried using both? Atom is a sluggish lag fest in comparison. Good luck if you accidentally click a file that's too big for it to handle like an archive or something. Just have to hard reset it.

never had that happen
but heh, it IS chromium initially so I guess that's not surprising.

install atom

Same reason people use Notepad++ or Discord or Windows 10: they are retards.

this

what has happened to Sup Forums baka

>That's how good sublime text is
Literally the only people I've ever known to regularly use sublime are legitimate autists
Everybody else just uses VScode or emacs/vim

... if your files never go above 10KB atom is indeed a decent choice

You can have the same color schemes on Atom or Visual Studio Code, but they're lighter and open source. Seriously, I don't really understand the point of proprietary code editors, except perhaps Visual Studio if you need to work with .NET shit.
Sublime Text or JetBrains stuff are useless.

At least Notepad++ is not payed. And what's wrong with Discord?

>JetBrains
What's wrong with JetBrains? Intellij is a much better IDE than eclipse. And I still use emacs for text editing stuff, visual studio code and atom are dog shit because they're built on node.

>vscode
>running web browser text editor on a computer with a battery

I'm OP, and I'm a surface using faggot

>Atom
>VS Code
>lighter
lmao, what the fuck

Jetbrains IDEs are just heavyweight shitty looking text closed source clusterfucks autists and normies use cause "le cool xD". Seriously, how can you not like Atom and VSCode when you can basically make them whatever you want, they can also mimick your shitty ideaLeXDEditor if you really like it. A clean and lightweight core and infinite possibilities to expand it.

JetBrains stuff limits you to closed source without giving you any advantage.

I'm guessing you've never used the refactoring or debugging tools, if you don't regularly do java shit professionally I can see how you'd think this.

I'm not OP and I actually use a thinkpad you retard. You sublime/intelliJ shills should go back to kode with kloss

>what's wrong with discord
Nothing, people are just pissy because there's so many cancerous servers on it. Also they are elitist fucks who think IRC is better for some reason. I used IRC for like 10 years and discord crushes it in so many ways that it's embarrassing, they had all that time to add features to their standard and never cared to. Autism.

I use Eclipse whenever I have to work with Java and it does everything I need. JETbrains brainwashed you so well you think their paid shit is a need and not a scam.

I only use Discord to talk with irl friends when we play games. Like hell I would join random voice chats with stranger neckbeards. Only sub-pariah complexed normies would do that.

>you think their paid shit is a need and not a scam.
I get it's not a need but I"m not the one paying for it and the features are a lot nicer than eclipse. The added features are useful and adds a lot to my productivity. It may not a necessity but it's a much better IDE than eclipse.

Evil mode. There is no reason to make things harder on yourself.

>tfw been posting on Sup Forums without captchas for months now with the leaked NSA Sup Forums pass

I actually feel a lot more comfy with Eclipse. A company I worked for gave me a IntelliJ license but I dumped it after 3 days, Eclipse's customization is just too much better when you learn how to use it.

Any decent replacement for Notepad++ on MacOS?
Was just forced to switch to macs.

I'm a heavy emacs user, if you ever take the plunge the emacs way I'd advice moving ctrl to where alt is and use your thumb. It really changes the editor.

Have you heavily use the refactoing and debugging features of Intellij? The contextual auto complete is also great and plugins generally higher quality than eclipse. They're honestly really nice and I'm okay with losing configuration with the added features and uniformity.

I used them all as IntelliJ fans talked a lot about it, but it was nothing Eclipse or even NetBeans couldn't do honestly. I don't see where IntelliJ's refactoring should be "better quality" when I get the same results with Eclipse desu.

vim excels at all those points.

LOL this thread is a honey pot. Let's catch a felony by broadcasting the computer using that key just so you don't have to see an occasional pop-up

> I'd advice moving ctrl to where alt is and use your thumb
That sounds incredibly painful

>I'd advice moving ctrl to where alt is and use your thumb
Sounds a bit janky, but probably better than what I'm already doing.

I often use capslock as escape in vim. Maybe using capslock as ctrl in emacs would be a good idea. It all still seems suboptimal to vim though. I have to keep on reminding myself why I'm doing it.

You're a big guy.

>implying it's a felony to read wikileaks
If CNN is allowed to, then so am I. Only people with security clearances aren't allowed.

It's not, it feels very natural. I started doing this couple years back after seeing the space cadet layout and I keep the right alt to use my other thumb for the meta shortcuts. Ctrl on capslock is still a pretty suboptimal since it's so heavily used and you're extending the pinky so much.

I agree with you, vim is a superior text editor. But the emacs way is pretty hardwired in my brain now and I think it's more suitable for some of the more advance features.

No the felony would be from using a government key, smart guy.

Last I checked, it's not a felony to pirate a text editor.

It's a felony to use the means of the government to do it.

I seriously doubt anybody would get a felony conviction for pirating software using a license key leaked by wikileaks. SERIOUSLY doubt it. What would the charge even be?

They would check you in more closely to find all the software that you pirated. Also music and videos. And then you'd be fucked.

use vim you fuckhead

vim's patrician but let's not kid ourselves about the UI bit

Really? The FBI is going to come to my house and check all my music licenses? Really??

What's wrong with Vim's UI? It's got menu's if you're the sort of plebian who uses such things.

>It's got menu's
uhh what?

It's got them, if you want them....

I never understood the gui-fag obcession with a program having menus, but if you really want them, it's got them. GVim is the build of vim for plebians who need guis.

I don't think you understand how mindless government work is. They would absolutely do that if they had an excuse and/or wanted to.

Why give them a reason? If they took your HD you're fucked anyway. it's a fucking free to use product.

My sides

Found the contrarian.

wtf i love the CIA now

everything built with electron or similar technologies is slow af
at least from my experience

>electron-based messes
>lighter than sublime text
don't you just love 10% cpu usage just to blink a cursor?

grow up
just say nigger, nigger
you are allowed to

probably the only good thing CIA has done in decades

Ergomacs

>vscode
>atom
>light
Keep telling yourself that while hearing your fans spin up

>VScode
>VS Code collects usage data and sends it to Microsoft to help improve our products and services. Read our privacy statement to learn more.

Yeah.. no thanks.

>not patching it yourself

I've realized that Microsoft are very heavy on their whole 'telemetry' bullshit, I am literally avoiding all of their products as a response, VSCode, VS, Winblows, everything, they and their army of pajeets can rot in hell

who the fuck needs a key? It's literally one hex you edit to activate

Atom shits on Sublime.

wow thanks retard, its probably going to be blacklisted now that you've spilled the beans

>Because it works well, it's fast, and has a decent UI.

Prime example of buyers remorse. Slapping a price tag on a piece of software doesn't immediately guarantee quality.

Also, enjoy your dataleaks/botnet/backdoors.

Atom destroys sublime senpai, tbqh

using it for Electron dev, python dev, monogame dev, all good

What's your hardware? 1090t here and it seems fine.

Are you guys talking about programs to write code in? Or programs for just.... writing? Like emails, notes, shit like that.

I can't tell if this thread is about high end autism sperging over who uses the most niche program to write their shopping lists in

Fucking hell when does summer end?

Just use the vim lisp mode its -l

When you go back to school, kiddo. You'll realize as you get older that for actually getting work done, jerking off to a debates about IDEs doesn't matter.

Now fuck off back to Sup Forums.

an absolute madman lol

Because its not a web browser running a react app

wtf I love the CIA now

I'm stuck with 4GB of RAM and a 5400rpm HDD for the next couple of weeks, and I'm not familiar with vim, so Sublime Text is the best option for me. Once I get an SSD and more RAM in this piece of shit I'll probably use VS Code full time. Atom is too slow on anything

>Niqqas
Neck yourself.

Get familiar with vim then, it's not hard or anything, it just takes some learning

I'd like to extend the concept and claim that jerking off to a debate about programming languages doesn't matter too because there's no free lunch in search and optimization.

Share wikitits link
[CIA_Releases]sublime text serial[valid]
If you like the product please buy

Thanks Obama!

Poor REPL integration.

why does the REPL need to be a part of your editor? If you are already used to vi/m modal editing why switch to emacs you can use a terminal REPL like clisp or chicken.
You find this in the speedcubing community as well, as soon as someone gets fast using a method they will find any trivial reason to switch because they simply got bored and are to prideful to admit so.

>>why does the REPL need to be a part of your editor?
Convenience. What if I want to run a single function in the file on the fly?

>using electron for anything

Jesus fucking christ.

It would be trivial to pipe a section of code to a terminal REPL usable with a macro.
This is magnitudes easier then learning a whole new text editor for one feature.

Why reinvent the wheel?

You can just highlight the function in visual mode and then type a : to open the vim command line and after the visual representation of the highlighted function you can type !'name of terminal REPL' (in the case of chicken this is '!csi')and the output will be printed to your vim buffer and can be undone with u. all of this can be automated using vim macros as well.
or
you can learn a new text editor for one feature.

That doesn't execute the code segment in an existing interactive REPL.

Do you currently edit lisp code in Vim? Are you describing workflows you actually use, or are you just proposing hypothetical solutions?

I program in Scheme using vim or im using a REPL since if im writing in vim ill usually compile it with chicken. If you need to insert text into a allready running REPL im sure there is a way to do this using vim natively or some sort of shell script that im unaware of. My point is you should try to exaust resorces with your current editor before you jump ship over one feature.

If you use tmux there are vim plugins that let you send the vim selection and vim commands to a different tmux windows. I used to have a coworker that used this exact setup for sending selected Ruby code to a running REPL that was in another tmux window. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the plugin.