AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-pascal,4572-10.html
youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1080/
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01IR6LMLO?SubscriptionId=AKIAJGZZEZH27SCMC24Q&tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=386001&creativeASIN=B01IR6LMLO
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/r/amd is upset

Nvidia measures their power consumption in rather stupid ways. A 1080 can spike up to 300+ watts.

tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-pascal,4572-10.html

stop stop stop whoa what is in the $699 pack? It's kinda confusing

I guess all 3 packs come with the same shit seen on the right.

Thats not the point amdrone.

what are the specific models of the monitor/board/processor tho?

Probably the card, games and discount on a freesync monitor.

Kill yourself.

Ask your uncle at nintendo.

>295W HOUSEFIRES
>345W HOUSEFIRES

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

>Nvidia measures their power consumption in rather stupid ways
>card is 180W TDP (which actually refers to the cooling capacity required, not to power consumption directly)
>measured average is 173W
No, it looks like Nvidia measures just fine.

Do you even know what TDP is you idiot

>295W TDP with a blower
I can't see any situation in which reference cards aren't hairdryer-tier like the reference 290Xs in the olden days.

I can't wait to get an unreleased game with my vega card

>what is vapor chambered heatsinks
>what is water cooling
It will be a jet engine noise level for sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE

>Vega buyers

>mfw I already have ryzen and freesync monitor.
Can I just get the goddamn fucking limited edition without a shit pack?

why do people care about power consumption on gpus anymore. Its literally a couple dollars difference of the course of years

>699 for the limited edition
You must be a fucking moron

>Year late 1080 performance at 180% the power consumption

This is what you get for letting a poo run your GPU business. Lisa Su he is not.

Higher power consumption = hotter = less room for overclocking due to thermal limits.

Primarily cause of the pack.
You can get the normal blower or limited for same price with pack. Thats why I'm asking seems limited ones come with packs only which is gay as fuck.

It affects cooling and therefore noise and overclockability.

>mfw bundled board is x370
It probably wouldnt

Yawn. It's 1080 performance, for pretty much the same price, with a higher TDP, and all NVidia has to do at this point is release something new and it'll blow AMD out of the water and they'll be scrambling to catch up yet again.

Permalink, please?

I have an overclocked aftermarket gtx 1070 and this card even with the oc consumes less power than even a rx 580 iirc. The fans are still quite audible (Not loud but you can hear them) and it makes my room hot after about an hour of gaming. This thing is supposed to consume like twice the power of my gtx 1070 and requires an expensive water cooler model for optimal performance. Imagine how hot the air cooled models will get and how fast the fans would have to spin.

Because I live in texas and central ac doesn't account for one room having a space heater and will be 5 degrees warmer

>AMD shills that can't go 5 minutes without screaming HOUSEFIRE about something and pointing out Intel TDP suddenly don't care about power consumption

What a shock

they still will be sold out. why? because the miners will want to get them or do you really think nvidia will just throw mining equipment on the market that will be cheaper then these prices.

>7700k is a HOUSEFIRE
>Why do people care about power consumption on GPUs
Ayyyyyymd

I have a 1600/1070 rig but for weeks ive seen both sides switch povs all thr time suddenly tdp doesnt matter to intel shills
now its amd shills turn to say tdp doesnt matter
nvidea shills get to sit in the sidelines and laugh

These new cards haven't been optimized for mining yet, and both AMD and NVidia are releasing cards specifically made for mining. Retards will buy it up even if it's as expensive as a 1080.

So I know people have speculated about this and it may be too early but any good reason on why Vega failed to deliver despite having all those new features like tile based rasterization, the new geometry pipeline, and etc? It can't just be drivers now. AMD dropped the ball on hardware engineering as well.

The main thing I don't understand is the die size. How come it's so big? AMD is going to have to do a lot of work for Navi.

Poo in the loo fucked it up

amd gpu sector needs to scrap everything and start completely fresh like they did with ryzen
also fire the curry nigger

>CPUs are GPUs
Try harder.

>packs
WTF, I already own a x370 mb, and a ryzen r7 1600x possessor and a freesync monitor, waiting for this turd to drop. Fuck AMD

Yeah GPUs actually have higher TDP than CPUs pajeet.

Maybe you can sell the coupons? Dunno.

WHERE IS THE VEGA STREAM??!!!

Fire Raja

Kill yourself, retard.

Obviously Raja is responsible for how Vega performs but what I don't understand is how all the improvements Vega shows on paper make sense and closes the gap with Pascal in regards to some features. But the fact that it takes so much die space...

I thought GCN was supposed to scale well with stuff like this. Do they need to throw GCN out the window?

There is none.

No stream. We paper launch

AMD fanboys on suicide watch

>AMD currently has the best bang for buck and perf/watt CPUs available while Intel is losing on both
>Nvidia currently has the most efficient and most powerful GPUs but only plays nice with Intel CPUs

What the fuck is one supposed to do?

GTX 1080
>$599
>8.2 FP32

RX VEGA 64 RE
>$499
>12.6 FP32

I don't get it, AMD made something better for a lower price.

>Do they need to throw GCN out the window?

Yes. Just like Ryzen, trash it all and start fresh

>plays nice with intel cpus
wut?

The 1080 isn't 599 anymore.

Buy a Ryzen 7 1700 and GTX 1080Ti and be the best you can be.

0/10 bait

>but only plays nice with Intel CPUs

This is bullshit. This only happened with ONE game, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and that turned out to be a game engine problem that the devs admitted to. They explained what was wrong and already patched the game to fix it weeks ago.

I think he meant how amd scraped bulldozer and made ryzen from scratch. not referring to ryzen as trash since it clearly isnt

Learn to context, pajeet.

nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1080/

Most want ~$600.

So the $399 RX VEGA 56 which is able to achieve 10.5 TFLOPs of raw compute power is more powerful than the $600ish GTX 1080 which has 9 TFLOPs of raw compute power? With a much higher memory bandwidth too?

Is this for real?

the 1080 is pointless
either get a 1070 or go balls out for a 1080ti

ohhh...

>Muh FLOPs
>Muh FP32
>Consumer card marketed for gaming

Buy a proper card

Fucking miners are causing this price increase. There were newegg 1080s going for 499 back in March. I know a miner who fucking bought 2 of them

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01IR6LMLO?SubscriptionId=AKIAJGZZEZH27SCMC24Q&tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=386001&creativeASIN=B01IR6LMLO

509.99 New

Then he's an idiot because 1080s start to really push that cost vs mining efficiency ratio, he's never going to make that back when including power costs.

GTX 1080
>$449
>100% performance
>180 watt TDP

RX Vega 64
>$499
>95% performance
>280 watt TDP

>amd vs Nvidia tflops
>gaming

Bait

Don't sperg at me, retard. I'm asking a simple question. That question is whether AMD is providing more bang for buck at the higher levels than Nvidia is right now.

>miners
>clever

Pick one

No. Not after you factor in the house fire insurance.

I honestly can't wait for even more benchmarks to come out and go
>gaming
When they are BTFO, happens every time

>day 1 benchmarks with intel processors
0/10

Who /w4n/™ here

REEEEEE Sup Forumsidiots go back

And that RX Vega can spike to 500+W. Who the fuck cares about spikes when the only thing that counts for EVERYTHING is average.

Power supplies, what counts? Average. The 500W it has on the tin is an average, it can momentarily put out over 1000W easily as long as the sustained average falls within 500W.
The cooler on the card, what does it care about? The average. There can be high spikes, it doesn't matter because the cooler is dealing with the average amount of wattage.
The card VRM, what does it care about? The average. Because the heat it produces and has to dissipate depends on the average.

Literally everything in the power chain only cares about averages. LITERALLY EVERYTHING.
When will you tech illiterate muppets stop using the word "spike" when referring to anything in the power chain? It doesn't matter. It never did matter and it never will matter until the "spike" is long enough to become the average over a time period that is counted in something other than single digit milliseconds.

Stop it! AMD rules a-and you all know it!! Stop lying. Performance does not matter price does!

Soooo Wait For Vega™ has essentially become "wait for 1080 performance at pretty much the same price for worse TDP next year" now? Top kek AYYYMD aliens.

Exactly what I'm talking about
When everyone was waiting for RX vega for gaming

Bullet dodged.

Who Ryzen+Nvidia here?

we've been /w4n/ ever since we found out Vega is DOA but some autist kept forcing the wait for vega threads

dumbfuck

No, not at all

No we weren't, we never cared. We were only saying ">Non gaming drivers" after Frontier benchmarks for fun!

1700x 1080ti reporting

What a fucking disaster, nobody listen despite us telling AMDumbfucks for months

That's it, Nvidia is finished.

>Nvidia measures it's powers in stupid ways
>How
>Changes subject about wattage spikes that hardly matter.

Lol AMD Schills.

Lol

so when are the bench coming ?
when will the NDA be lifted ?

Just wait

1600/1070 here
now if i only had vidya to play on it

1600+ 1080
waiting for a better bargain honestly 500$ for my 1080 doesn't really feel like it was really worth it over my rx 480

(You)

Have a 1070. I'll upgrade to ryzen once my Haswell i5 prevents me from having a good gaming experience which seems a long time away based on my current gaming experience.

Where is the stream?

If I am them I would release a mobile GPU and another Graphics card which seems like they are going to do.

Not public, for obvious reasons now.

Wait seriously? This is going to be a paper launch?