starcraft.com/en-us/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito_coil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Explain pls me dumb

>Microsoft buy up all the world's Mac Pros at the time
>Put some Microsoft branding ont he front cover
>Ship them as Xbox development kits

truly disgusting.

Some dumb redditor had an xbox devkit (which is in that pic) and gutted it out and made it a sleeper build. He also wiped the hard drive it had.

we could have backported newer linux kernels to the original xbox and possibly newer directx to run in a wine container
(Xbox is the directX machine)

the only thing that makes me more upset was that starcraft source code cd

A Lian Li scrap pile rescue I recently restored. This was the before.

this could have also had pre-alphas of the OG halo game, maybe even when it was still a top down RTS style game.

Me and my friends have gored many computers from dump piles. We wanted to see if we could extract some gold from parts (yes, there is no real profit) out of sheer boredom.

Thing is, we can't find a way to cook them, so we just have bags of ICs laying around.

Can't as in "we don't have access to".

you need literally tons of boards to turn any profit on gold recovery on modern shit.

FUCK

We dont speak about that

Try using magnets, gold sticks to it. At least it works with jewelry. A board might have just a few micrograms of gold, they are usually at the cpu socket only, the cpu pins are also gold plated.

that is no gore.

>the only thing that makes me more upset was that starcraft source code cd

No joke

> Have a master copy of Starcraft source code
> Could release an .iso to the internet and potentially see new sourceports, addons, mods, or who knows what else, enriching the Starcraft player community
> Instead sends it to Blizzard and gets some shitty Overwatch trinkets and battle.net credit

I don't even play Starcraft and that made me angry.

They eventually sent the guy some other shit and flew him out to Blizzcon which is cool I guess though.

Goddamnit I could choke that fucking kid out

>magnets
>gold
nigga u wut

May death come to him quickly

Another one, not a rescue tho. This was a repair. Came from someone's house.

The XBOX was x86, as was that XBOX dev kit. The Mac Pros were for the 360 dev kits, and Microsoft didn't rebrand them or anything, just put a few stickers on the top stating the unit was a dev kit

Gold isn't magnetic.

*PowerMac G5s, and in fact the G5 didn't even exist when the XBOX came out

The more I think about it, the more I hate Reddit. This was completely avoidable and completely unnecessary. how do you not have some value for classic technology that shaped a field, whether it be physics, mathematics, computer science or vidya?

> Illegally obtained source disk is returned to rightful owner.
> Shit was unusable in the first place because the source is proprietary (i.e, no way of doing anything with it without ending up in jail).
> The one who returned it wasn't even prosecuted although he illegally possessed that source disk.

Story literally couldn't have ended more perfect. Your dreams of all that stuff that could happen if the source was torrented is utter bullshit because no one dares to touch that shit (just like nothing ever happened with the source leaks of Opera and Windows).

What's going on in this picture?

The case fan is too small.

> Illegally obtained

He bought it in a box full of other shit from a garage sale and didn't know what it was you retard

> implying anyone would give a shit about the fact that it was closed source

You sound like some shitface who works in the QA dungeon at Blizzard and you're desperately trying to defend the company so you can impress your boss so maybe you'll get a promotion out of test and can start making more than nine bucks an hour

I admit I'm a beginner in computers. How can I learn how to mount a PC and choose the right components? Is there a website or a youtube channel that learn that stuff in a good way?

Well, the CPU cooler is used as a case fan and the CPU has no cooling at all.

But the PC isn't completely assembled so this pic was just snapped for the lulz and assembled correctly after havin a giggle.

3 4

>Still posting anime outside of pedo board Sup Forums.

Yeah, your still a faggot.

(You)

Starcraft is 20 years old. Isn't it the kind of game a good programmer can whip out in an afternoon or something? Why would people need its source?

Whatever you can create during an afternoon will never be starcraft or anything close to it.

Also there is good money still in that game. This is why blizzard re-making it to support modern resolutions, better graphics, battle.net client support etc.
starcraft.com/en-us/

> He bought it in a box full of other shit
Buying stuff that's illegally obtained (knowingly or not) is still illegal.

> implying anyone would give a shit about the fact that it was closed source
Yes, anyone does. That's why there's no fork of Opera 12 or Windows 10.

The rest of your post is the biggest projection since your mom's shadow.

That's fine as long as its properly dried before using

Steady on son, that was funny

Nobody whips out a legendary RTS game in an afternoon.

Yes, because just 20 years of time passing by made people able to do years of work by a whole project teams in a single day now.

Evolution is sure great.

obligatory
>anime website
Help

Sup Forums has an anime board. That's doesn't mean it's an anime website. Why the fuck would an anime website require an anime board? That's right, because the premise that Sup Forums is an anime website is wrong : ^ )

Sup Forums also has a technology board (FYI: That's where you are right now). Does that make Sup Forums a technology website? Of course not.

Sup Forums is an image board website neatly divided into different sections. If you like technology you can visit Sup Forums. If you like sexualized drawings of underage girls and boys you go to Sup Forums.

To ensure everyone has a pleasant browsing experience at Sup Forums it's advisable to only post images at the appropriate boards, so no drawn pedophilia on Sup Forums for example.

Please, don't act like a summerfag and think before you post.

Macbük

This isn't an xbox devkit. It's an actual alpha tower, which is even rarer, only 50 made, and it could contain alpha versions of some original xboz games like halo or even the developing of the xbox os. OP actually tried to view what was on hdd but he saw nothing, and that's because it doesn't uses a file system that windows recognize, so he fucking formatted the whole hdd. I'm so mad right now

could've removed the battery.............

yeah and it was already broken

Seeing this image makes me scream internally every time. God Damn i hate that kid, and fuck reddit too

Nothings broken, faggot. Stop justifying bad behavior.

Why the fuck would anyone be sad about a lousy xbox dev kit. The only sad thing is that someone looked at that case and thought "Hmm, that's an acceptable case for a PC".

It could have been used for emulation of OG xbox, seeing (as I said) alpha versions of the games and dev notes and logs. That's a very rare piece of equipment that belongs in a museum, due to how rare it actually is.

Literally. any. youtube video.
Also do look up how to apply thermal paste
[spoiler]pea sized is best[/spoiler]

How is destroying a copy of proprietary intellectual property that leaked by accident "Bad behavior"?

Actually, leaking contents of that HDD would be a prime example of bad behavior.

>belongs in a museum
This is what wincucks actually believe.

Logical increments
Pcpartpicker
Youtube videos (how to choose a pc fan, a psu etc)

Whatever was contained on that HDD was way past its prime and no user would have been able to do anything with the data witout legal repercussions.

I'm looking at it from a historical standpoint, cunt. It was destroyed to be a sub par gaming pc to show off for upboats
Go take a dick in the ass, faggot

This. No idea why anyone would be mad at the guy. This stuff is deprecated and any publication of its content would have gotten the guy v&.

He actually put the only valuable thing to use: its case.

how come it's the first time I've seen this copy pasta? I really should visit Sup Forums more, been on /bant/ for a while

It wasn't copy paste. Its fresh OC.

Thanks famalams

some components canoxide that brick that shit, if you get water on it dry it fast but that thing...

It could've potentially helped make xbox emulators, at best.
It's a win for consumers since microsoft is obviously not interested in such software or what any consumers want in general.

nah this can't be real
if it is, he obviously doesn't understand what obligatory means. I just posted it because none else posted it yet, doesn't mean I agree with what I wrote

/blog post

Jesus christ how horrifying.

Microsoft announced at e3 taht they are adding og xbox emualtion to xbone or xbone s.

I want xbox emulation on PC, tho. Software-based.

OMG you're so bad-ass!!!

>>>/reddit/

Prime example of anime posters """"contributing'''''''' to a thread. . .

moot literally suggests here to report anime.

How would something like this happen?

I agree with this user about the part that this is not just an Anime website.
But its not against the rules to post Anime here, so stop complaining and fuck off.

this, anime posting isn't against the rules but it does get annoying from time to time, especially those desktop thread fags.

This

It doesn't contribute anything to the thread and just distracts from the subject. It usually ends in more anime posting derailing a thread. This is especially annoying now that quality threads are really sparse.

I myself watch anime, but I too personally feel annoyed when anime is brought up where it's not needed.
That being said, there is nothing we can do since it's not against the rules.

>reddit filename

>That being said, there is nothing we can do since it's not against the rules.

Well, at least we could try to educate the anime posters to either go back to Sup Forums or make a real contribution to the thread.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito_coil

Nothing a compressor couldn't fix, At least there is no smoke cancer with the dust or insects.

>That being said, there is nothing we can do since it's not against the rules.
Yup, but it gets really retarded when they use "anime website" as an argument.
>It doesn't contribute anything to the thread and just distracts from the subject. It usually ends in more anime posting derailing a thread. This is especially annoying now that quality threads are really sparse.
arguably we're derailing the thread right now though.

Well, we fucked this thread up trying to educate that guy. So I don't think that will help.

my landlord tried fixing some pipes this weekend. Did not go well

I think it is a was a mosquito incense burner.

Fun fact:
There is a feature on Sup Forums that allows you to hide posts and even filter them if you don't like them.

>4032x3024
stop

>arguably we're derailing the thread right now though.

>Well, we fucked this thread up trying to educate that guy. So I don't think that will help

Well, since this is a gore thread it just got more meta, but y'all got a point.

Lol, hope you made backups and have a good insurance.

You never been in a fucking kitchen before?

>4032x3024
Real gore is always in the comments! (I'll show myself out to reddit)