Something you coded that you are most proud of?

Other urls found in this thread:

demo.phpipam.net/)
github.com/DoTheEvo/ANGRYsearch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hello world

exe in desktop with messenger icon in sister's laptop, it opened a zoo video, she cried.

They sent me to a psico.

It was worth it.

My Conky file when I first installed Linux on a transcontinental flight 10 years ago !

>a zoo video
what?

animals having sexx

Makes sense. Explains why nothing interesting is ever posted in /dpt/.

I programmed a IP-Adress-Management Website at my old work. Now, after almost 4 years, it is still in use. Makes me pretty proud.
The only thing is I used like php5 and laravel 4.X Framework (???), which should be fuckin deprecated by now kek.
I maybe should ask them if I should update it for a few shekels

to be honest I was expecting a lot more from Sup Forums

very good!

A DAMN CALCULATOR

A ray tracer with photon mapping in C

I only made a couple Wordpress themes. With some cool features that normally don't exist in Wordpress.

Have never made anything else yet.

>I programmed a IP-Adress-Management Website at my old work
Meaning what?

A list of all used static IPs. Before that all Server and Router IPs were listed in a fucking excel sheet and got fucked up sometimes when two people tried to edit it.
I know that there are professional solutions, but they were kind of overkill for our ~1000IPs or something

Also a lot of other systems didnt (((properly))) support IPv6. I implemented IPv6 subnet calculations myself in php. Was a fucking mess, but it worked.

systemd

with humans or other animals? because desu its impossible to find any good bestiality

I wrote a program for full disk encrypted linux that will enables suspend to ram.
It will call sync the file systems, remount with nobarrier option, builds initramfs in ram and copys stuff like /proc/ and /dev/ there to keep running, then chroots into there, calls luksSuspend so the drive is encrypted while you pc is sleeping. After all, whats the point of having full disk encryption when its not even activated while leaving your pc .
Also disables Virtual terminal switching and sysrq keys for maximum safety. Comes with nice configurable screensaver, or you can choose to integrate another lock program like i3lock with it for some aesthetics. Works quite well, but only tested it on my setup. So arch, systemd, ext4, luks+dmcrypt

fucking neat

mind sharing, user?

A simple java program that reads out pdfs and compares shizzle with a csv file.

Work at company maintaining webshop, they have this HUGE job printing out (the pdfs) a fuckton of things and compare by hand to some excel sheit and type it all over in another excel (same product have to be added allong with the price etc.). Usually takes them 3 weeks for one sectary (because double checking and product ID are long for manual work) every 3 months.
I get called in to help because secretary good ill bad (the cancer).
Ask boss if it's cool if I script/programm it (turned out to java because an easy pdf readout library and swt file open/save dialogs for normiees were easy). They say no, it would take too long...
In 1st break search for a pdf readout thingie
lunch algorithm fixed and basic commandline interface done, works for first test run
15:00 break colleges start asking hlfway through why I'm still working because I have 2 weeks left for the job. Say I think I got it, done with some additional boundary checks for flse pdfs ect.

Call in boss, execute it on the 3 month workload, boss getting impatient after a minute, >Goes on a semi-rant "well glad you did it in your own time, because this takes a real long time and I don't know if it does it right"
5 minutes later it's done 3 weeks worth of work.
Spend another week on making a normie safe gui + a manual for altering/adding a script if the pdfs ever change.

Thanks for reading my personal blog :^)
Don't forget to like/subscribe/comment below

Did you get any reward for it or did your boss cuck you?

> not selling your software for monies

I got to spend a week doing gui stuff (so work and play).
Got to go to some conference about magento 2, very nice food and drinks.
Twice the vacation-pay.
And pretty sure I got to take my vacation abruptly (a friend was somwhere in the world and I got stay with her for 1-2 weeks ecause her roommate left early) so on thursday I asked my boss to go on vacation on monday for 2 weeks while it was originally planned two months later.
I don't know how it would go with the pdf library licensing (which did most of the work).
It was basically a sql query turned into javacode with a button load (for the pdfs) and a button start which asks the save location for a csv file and shits it out.
It's like selling a macro that inserts a return after each line. (it's just that they had huge files to go through)

My own CMS and Forum Management System

Dude, why not just use IPAM like a rational human being?

What I meant was, phpIPAM (demo.phpipam.net/)

Two small websites plus a scraper that I created from scratch to finished sites in around 2 months just a week ago.

vadgora.nu
and
www.hvaskjeranorge.no

My pi scrapes the internet for swedish and norwegian facebook events and puts them in a more orderly fashion.

Using mongodb, java in backend and react in frontend

I worked in an it department that got a bunch of lists every day, each with 500+ entries which they manually typed into their tools line by line. I hacked together a bunch of programs with autoit3 that they could chain together to get stuff done. Went there two years ago and they still used it. The guy responsible said they never failed on them, which is nice I guess. I think I saved them hours

I created a bot. the malware type, you know.

My ~400GB stash says otherwise

They surely fired people with the "saved hours" you give them and didn't get paid for that. You programmers are really dumb.

8192bit symmetric chipper algorithm based on dynamical systems that are highly sensitive to initial conditions.

Well, I git paid more, so that's okay I guess

>inventing your own crypto
nothing to be proud of

I can be proud on calculator if i want ?!?!?
i just started with programming so this is really fun for me.
Why you need to be so negative about this ?

Because 'novel' cryptosystems have the bane of compsec for decades.

But if you know all the caveats that even mathematicians, systems engineers, and some of the most veteran cryptographers generally get it wrong as an average, then yeah be proud.

btw not user that replied.

hello world, a regular calculator, and a date calculator

sharing is living user

I'm the other user, but yes, what he says. The golden rule of security is "never invent your own crypto". You'll never make (a) an algorithm that is as secure and has as much thought put into it as real, established cryptographic systems and (b) an implementation of that algorithm that is reasonably well guarded against attacks.
As a programming exercise it's totally fine though, I thought you were using it seriously.

I don't want to get b& and v&

Recursive boolean logic for a trigger system which then fires a sequence of events. It's not so complicated once you see the trick but figuring out how to make nested evaluations was a head scratcher. I came up with like 10 different boolean cases and when I finally got it to pass them all I was so happy. Then I had to figure out how to put it all in a UI for retards to use.

hah no, this was just a programming exercise basically i used 3x3x3 formation of 3x3x3 rubics cubes and random ~8k bit key used for generating scrambling and swapping algorithms.

Dubs called

Nothing, because programming is just a means to an end and it all runs in shit tier environment on shit tier hardware that could have been so much better I wish time travelling was a thing.

Plz

t. NSA officer who deliberately put flaws only he knows in his crypto so he can decrypt people's messages more easily.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with invernting your own crypto algorithm and it's desirable actually.
The more diversity there is the harder it gets to figure out what's going which drastically improves security.

The bad rap for inventing your own crypto comes from people who don't know how don't actually know how cryptography works so they implement a variation of ROT13 and think it's secure.

Sup Forums client for iOS

implemented an algorithm from some reasearch paper to find out arbitrary text's language, exposed it as rest api

Pascal and Fortran compilers targeting LLVM

Yeah no shit, I'm not saying that no one should ever invent anything new. There are entire teams of mathematicians and experts working on new crypto (or attacks on existing algorithms) all the time. These people should of course continue doing so. Whenever they shit out something new there are papers, discussions, reviews, etc. of their algorithms.
It's more about the hundreds of retards who think they're clever by protecting their user data by some homebrew crypto bullshit without understanding one bit about the theory behind it. Security by obscurity _never_ works.

>t. NSA officer who deliberately put flaws only he knows in his crypto so he can decrypt people's messages more easily.
Sure thing buddy.

I remember feeling really good about an efficient method of moments matrix construction I made in MATLAB for some undergrad assignment.

% Make initial calculations and set up matrices.
ds = dx * dy;
a11 = dx / (pi * Eps0) * log(1 + sqrt(2));
CoulConst = 1 / (4 * pi * Eps0);
MoMconst = ds * CoulConst;
N = length(elemPotential);
dist = zeros(1,N);

% Initialize MoMMatrix efficiently.
MoMMatrix = eye(N) * a11;
% Create index vector to not overwrite a11
idx = ~MoMMatrix;

% Calculate all distances
dist = pdist2([xElementCenter, yElementCenter], ...
[xElementCenter, yElementCenter]);

% Calculate MoMMatrix, only overwrite values that have not been set
MoMMatrix(~logical(MoMMatrix)) = MoMconst ./ dist(~logical(MoMMatrix));

Program that plays Legacy Belcher. It calculates rough odds of winning with a given hand, and improves as it plays more games.

Tinyanim.com
I wrote this whole thing. Pretty proud of it.

> he posts an image of a dude playing gaymes with a gayming headset
> calls to anons what their great code achievement is

what did he mean by this?

a tiedye generator
works via feedback applied to static
written in guile

needs a lot of work, i hope to get back to it some day

>For Mac
Homosexual's opinion discarded

PC and Linux versions are gonna be out before the end of next month.

Just bookmarked it, it's pretty good actually. You should work on your marketing skills though, you don't seem to have a lot of sells judging by your views on Youtube.

Captcha : Sale Labradores

Thanks man, keep checking in on it.

angrysearch

in python
such a simple concept
yet feels wholesome

github.com/DoTheEvo/ANGRYsearch

rewrote a cleanup task for a service handling the workflow of photos (usually for webshops and magazines/newspapers), deleting old orders from the db and all related files. the old version had problems keeping up with the orders rolling in, so we were slowly running out of disk space. two days after deploying to live servers admindude told me that he kept getting monitoring alerts because the cleanup job wasn't running. the expression on his face when i told him that it went through 4 years of orders the last night and had more or less no work left this night was worth every minute spent on coding.

9gag

lies, everyone knows aaron schwarz is creator of 9gag

Kill yourself

>github.com/DoTheEvo/ANGRYsearch
neat

Wrote a pretty neat game engine around Ogre3D in high school, made a small trading game with it. Had some 10k lines in C++.

Wrote a bunch of random small things during university for daily needs and shits and giggles.

Majorly rewrote a big rules based electrical design tool plus its GUI for work last year, refactored it to go from 30k lines to 20k lines while adding features and killing bugs. Fucking spaghetticode mess I started with.

Now I'm building a system to pull together machine data from heavy machinery into an SQL database, combining it with SAP reports and enabling statistical analysis on production failures.

In parallel I'm building a tool to operate a high voltage test lab and integrate its data into the above system.

I didn't even study this shit, but now I'm a software and systems architect plus doing network admin tasks and stuff. I even have three people working part time for me.