July 31st, 2017

>July 31st, 2017
>The majority of Sup Forums still uses Windows

Why?
If your reason is games, you can fuck off to Sup Forums.

There is no reason to use the proprietary Windows operating system in our current age of existence. If your employer is forcing you to use proprietary software, you should seek an alternative or find a new job; they are oppressing your individual freedoms.

>Inferior default filesystem
NTFS is objectively garbage. NTFS relies on an MFT (Along with a copy of it) to store ALL your file metadata for the entire disk, so if these structures get corrupted then your data is top tier fucked. There are more reasons why NTFS is crap, but if that alone isn't enough to deter you from using NTFS, then you're an idiot.

>Fisher-Price UI
Metro. Enough said.
>NSA kernel backdoors
Proven by the Snowden documents.
>Botnet elements (other)
Telemetry, phoning home to M$
>Advertisements

Face it, Windows is nothing but a surveillance and marketing tool for large government and corporate entities.

Further reading:
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html
fsf.org/news/the-fsfs-statement-on-windows-10

What is anime animated with?
Windows
/thread

Because I already know how to use it and it does everything I want it to
I have a linux partition for the rare occasion I need to browser through an ext4 filesystem or something

I want games

Because visual studio, loonix alternatives can't compete
Also win7 is still fine

B-but I thought linux had the best dev tools

>Why?
Games.
>If your reason is games, you can fuck-
No, fuck you. You can't just ignore an entire featureset that has always driven a significant portion of the entire Home PC market's reason to exist.

>turn on Windows
>everything works
>turn on Linux
>sometimes things don't work
>takes hours of googling and copy pasting terminal lines which may or may not work depending how old the how-to guide you're reading is

>always driven
>always
yeah I remember being 13 too

Clion for c++

>>Sup Forums

>people still trust (((windows 10)))

Since when does Sup Forums animate anime?

>what is LTS
>u are talking about rolling release meme

>Can't compete
That's why the chrome team switched from VC to clang.

You can't deny the truth, hipsters. Games were and are a vital medium through which the PC market survives. You wouldn't be here to smugpost on your loonix with anime-themed screenfetch without them making the PC building hobby as accessible as it is today.

>being forced to buy older hardware as new hardware support is lacking.
Face it, windows is the best for new technologies, call me when linux get day 1 support for absolutly everything like windows.

Because you don't have to be a 1337 supah skillz programmer to run windows. Whereas even getting linux to an install screen is an exercise in frustration if you don't know how to init the grub on the kernel panic master boot file from dev/null/0.

Lmao

Win10 tells u what hardware to buy and u say me that kek

How retarded are you?
>Boot from USB
>Install
>'Yes, Yes, etc.'
>Reboot
>It just werks

Huh.

Because it just werks. Ive used windows my entire life and I like to stick with whats familiar.
I embraced the botnet a long time ago, it doesnt matter what os you use unless youre completely unplugged someone can and will spy on you.
Windows has the largest selection of software (including vidya) due to being the most widely used, even if most is closed source (rms can eat shit for all I care).
Every time Ive tried linux Ive had a mediocre experience when it comes to features I would care about that I couldnt get on windows and getting it to werk to my liking without hours of tinkering to soothe my autism.
Im also not a programmer type and the only text editor I use is notepad and it does everything I want out of one. I dont need any of that other stuff which might or mihht not work better on linux.

That's funny. Gaymers are cancer, they advocate for denuvo and don't give a shit anything that win10, Intel, nvidia, drm, etc... that's why everything is getting worse and worse cuz that pile of asshole still buying and defending to death all of that bs.

>The majority of Sup Forums still uses Windows
wrong

>Win10 tells u what hardware to buy
Stop projecting and spreading your bullshit, some people might trust you.

i use both. currently on windows 7 because i'm playing a shitty game.
>you can fuck off to Sup Forums.
make me faggot.

>Anime
Hi!
Go to hell.

its cuz media defines ppl for some reason