AAYYYYMD IS DONE

youtube.com/watch?v=XcpZ0305-wY

>You can't buy the graphics card as it is. You have to buy one of those "Radeon packs" to stop bitcoin miners purchasing them.
>RX Vega 56 is positioned against the GTX 1070 but it costs the same, one year later.
>RX Vega 64 is positioned against the GTX 1080 ONE FUCKING YEAR LATER AND COSTS THE SAME BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BUY THEM WITHOUT ANY RADEON PACK.
>Air cooled Vega 64 consumes 300w.
>Water cooled Vega 64 consumes 400w.

Vega is a meme.

>Inb4 "Linustechtips shill"
I know he is a faggot, but even him being an AMD shill couldn't justify radeon shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>You have to buy one of those "Radeon packs" to stop bitcoin miners purchasing them.
HAHAHAHAHAHA. The miners already got this in the bag.

>hash/cryptocurrencies
kek

You're an idiot. Only the vega 64 with the aluminum case has to be bought in a radeon pack.

Any cryptocuck salt yet?

That's one company giving them the finger

What's gonna stop cryptofags from buying packs and selling the monitors/cpus while probably even making a profit?
Expect the same overpriced GPUs but with tons of ebay listings for cheap monitors/cpus/mobos

Do yourself a favor.. Take that half precision performance and report back with what Nvidia card is capable of doing that.

At which point, realize that these cards are just for vidya games anymore which is why they debuted it at SIGGRAPH

I'm confused.. You can only buy the new vega line w/ that shit radeon pack that marks up the price by $100 and does nothing for someone who already has a Ryzen setup? You've got to be shitting me. For how long?

>implying AMD hasn't been done since 2006

All we have so far are the figures from the official AMD drivers.
Lets see where the open source drivers are by Mesa 17.3.

amd is done...

amd release an awesome card for miners and force them to buy their cpus along with their gpu's
doubling its income out of nowere

amd just showed the world how you actually make money with inferior products

AMD is a joke

Nothing, when 480 stock ran out people started buying prebuilts just to gut them and then resell them with integrated graphics.

AMD should release the 480 as a 'mining card' at $100 and it purposefully sets itself on fire in the middle of the night

APOLOGIZE

If they just resold GTX 480's then they wouldn't even need to modify anything to do that.

>>Air cooled Vega 64 consumes 300w.
>>Water cooled Vega 64 consumes 400w.
Thats a lot, I mean the water cooler probably has to power the water cooling but the other one is ridiculous.

>Jul 3
Already debunked multiple times.

you can buy it without a pack you fucking nvidiot
you just dont get the limited edition case. the packs are great discount if youre building a new pc

>Why is AMD releasing a competing product?
>I hate competition!

I think the complaint is more that it's not competing.

"""competing"""

>radeon packs
What's this?

AMD bundling a monitor with nonfunctioning freesync to show off their blunder of a GPU, along with some games.

Waiting so good you pay for the experience

Guess I'll be waiting at least another year to buy a PC.

Fuck off Jordan. You're just as bad.

just buy nvidia nobody cares retard

No miner wants this power hungry slow piece of shit.

Nvidia cards are actually better for mining now due it supporting a wider range of algos with better speeds and efficiency. The only downside is that it's slightly more expensive.

The problem is it's competing against a product that's over a year old and will be replaced by a newer model within (probably) 3 months, and if the jump from the 10 series to the 11 series is anything like it was from 9 to 10 AMD will be fucked.

Poor volta.

>No miner wants this power hungry slow piece of shit.
Source: Your ass

I have over 30 amd cards so I'm definitely not baised.

How long does it take to mine one eth coin?

I expected this year's cards to be a lot more powerful than they were. I'm interested in getting a rig for VR. Looking forward to Volta/Navi now.
Won't get 2nd gen headsets till 2018-19 as well, all the more reason to wait.

>only 30

About 1/2 week

Wtf one or two weeks for one coin that's around $190?

No.

The pack is $100 more, but comes with up to $300 of savings. So up to $200 saved.

No, 3.5 days

could have avoided all this if you said "about 1/2 a week"

literally no one knows hows vega will handle crypto

hopefully the hbm2 limits its efficiency enough for mining scum to fuck off and stop jacking prices

>blunder of a GPU
LMAO. AMD is going to sell as many Vega WX and Vega SSGs as they can make, Sup Forumsiddiot.

you just can't read

I can't wait until the next amd turd gets announced and the same AMD shills that swarm this board like cultists start spreading their propaganda to hype another massive disappointment.

>he say's with a straight face and no sense of irony

Ive notice the performance benchmarks most tech reviers give are total bullshit when i compared my own gtx 1060 with my rx 480 the 480 was consistently better especially at higher resolutions in most games.

So you have a 3500 shader monster with boost up to 1450+mhz for only 400$? That puts it significantly faster than the 1070 and much closer to the 1080 than people are claiming it is.

The 500$ 64CU variant is even more interesting. The whole thing is modified from the founders variant so will perform noticably better with driver updates along with more stable clocks on the hbm and better power delivery and for all the design flaws of FE which was never meant to be a gaymer GPU it was still perfectly matched with a stock 1080 in most benchmarks.

so expect the 500$ vega card to be halfway between 1080 and 1080ti but only costing 500$ instead of 600-700$

not ideal but it will force a price drop in the 4K ready GPU market. Volta will finally bring 4K mainstream when the 2070/2080 is the 4K tier GPU at 350-500$

AMD will sell as many Vega SSG's as they can make at $6,999 a piece, Sup Forumsiddiot.

Incoming NAND shortage

They benched the frontier edition already. And guess what, frontier performed exactly the same as rx.

It gets about 50mh at 300w. The 580 gets 30mh at 75w.

Only a gay retard would buy Vega. It's good for nothing.

Explain this pack? What is it andwhat comes with it. I am not giving some retard YouTuber a view.

>Only a gay retard would buy Vega. It's good for nothing.
Other than trading blows with the Quadro P6000 for 1/3 the price in Vega WX, not even having any competition with Vega SSG, and RX Vega not having its key feature turned on yet, sure.

What monitor? 100hz 4k?

Higher-res meaning 2K? Because the only thing spec-sheet racers care about is 4K framerates, never mind most of the gaming market is still playing at 1080p (store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/).

>Implying AMD didn't light a massive fire under intels ass and reported massive quarterly profits
>Implying threadripper isn't about to turn that fire into an inferno by shitting on Intel at every price point
>Implying vega isn't competitively priced, these Radeon packs aren't optional except for the TOTL gpu reference model, and that these packages save people money who are doing full upgrades on peripherals and towers
>"WAAHH COMPETITION ISNT GOOD"

Whatever helps you sleep at night fanboy.

Nobody is going hire new devs and redo their work flow for amd. hpc people are sitting comfortably with nvidia with no incentive to switch.

That is why they want to lock you in with a freesync monitor. So you have to wait for navi.

Fuck these anti consumer practices.

>No one will need a single new pro GPU ever again, all that will ever be purchased already have been.
(You)

Yeah, because Vega is an amazing GPU that totally competes with nvidia offerings, just like the overclocker's dream, the entire fury lineup, the 300 series in charge of not being another shitty overvolted overclocked rebrand, the miraculous thing known as bulldozer and its totally not polished turd tier vishera "improvement", amirite? But yeah, I get it, AMD is an amazing company because they have provided one good product (ryzen) in a decade. Such an outstanding accomplishment! Can't wait to buy SLI tier GPUs to run a single vega housefire to get that sweet one year and a half old performance tier with shitty drivers to boot!

Retard.

This, this, this and this.

Companies using Nvidia render/compute farms are not going to change to AMD on a whim, even if AMD did have the best FLOPs/w and an easier development stack.

If you actually work in the industry you would have seen it first hand.

There's a stigma associated with AMD GPUs, as well being "locked in" to CUDA development

>boss should we get nvidia or amd for our new severs
>amd would require hiring new developers and installing a new fission reactor
>shut the fuck up and just get the job done quick john

It's only competitive in non-gaming scenario's. That's not something I, and thousands of others, are not interested in.

U mad bro?

>amd gpus are shitty
>b-b-b-but the cpu

I suppose India's education doesn't fare well when it comes to reading comprehension, amirite?

>Implying vega isn't competitively priced

Oh, totally, what's not to love about a GPU that consumes over twice the power of a 1080 with similar performance in select AMD titles at best while losing everywhere else for the same price? Such amazing competition! But I get it, it wins the "feels" benchmark, amirite?

SLI tier PSUs*

Nah, that's just the heating impression you're getting from your AMD housefire making you uneasy.

>Companies using Nvidia render/compute farms are not going to change to AMD on a whim, even if AMD did have the best FLOPs/w and an easier development stack.

Why not, Amazon literally turns over thousands of compute clusters every year just to be on the cutting edge.

Because 4k is expensive, Over $1k for the gpu and monitor alone. The average Sup Forumsamer may spend that much, but the typical plebs don't have that kind of dosh laying around.

Please DELET

And spec-racing morons whom shitpost on Sup Forums can only dream of owning such hardware.

Hell the Vega56 looks like a bargain at $399.

Amazon gets the cards at cost and they can refurb their old shit for aws

rx vega + freesync monitor > 1080 + no gsync monitor
i'm not even referencing the coupon for the samsung monitor but that an rx vega 64 and freesync monitor will cost way less than a gtx 1080 + gsync set up while performing equally as good.
this is the sweet spot, an affordable adaptive sync set up that cost less than the competitors.

you probably havent heard about gtx 590

I hope all the miners die, they could make more money from just buying the coins and trading them in the future.

2 games, wolfenstein 2 and prey.
$100 off a free sync monitor
$100 off a ryzen 7 + am4 mobo combo
costs $100 on top of the card's msrp.

>$100 off a free sync monitor

$200

Besides the fact that the card is only set to get better with driver updates and already takes a dump on nvidias price/performance in dx12 titles.

I swear Nvidia fanboys seems to forget how shitty the budget/midrange offerings are from their favorite company in comparison to amds stuff. You'd be a fucking idiot to buy a gtx 1060 or 1050 ti when the rx580,570 exist, even the 480 and 470 are better at higher resolutions. I'm not surprised at all the Nvidia fanboy shitposting that happens on Sup Forums, the post purchase rationalization is beyond pathetic.

The $399 Rx vega 56 card is going be a great sweet spot for high refresh rate 1440p gaming, especially with freesync monitors being $200 cheaper than equivalent goysync options.

>"MUH ANTI CONSUMER LOCK IN REBATES"

Yeah because goysync and dropping driver updates for all of your cards after 2 years is totally not scummy as fuck.

>jump from 9 to 10
Pascal is literally Maxwell with higher clockspeeds (and something something smaller something something higher yields)

Wait for Navi.

Rx580 and 570 don't exist, atleast anywhere near their MSRP.

What's after Navi? I want to wait for that to beat out all the idiots waiting for Navi/Volta

Nothing, AMD will be bankrupt by then.

>wait for *next ayymd architecture*
Is this a new meme?

It is the meme for every hardware manufacturer.

There's a thread on reddit about how freesync is pretty much broken on the bundled monitor.

Why the fuck wouldn't AMD want to sell cards to cryptofags?

If you buy a thousand dollar screen..............

At least their gpu division will be. If Nvidia doesn't pull an rx480/580 tier upgrade with volta it will be pretty bad for AMD.

Wait for Voodoo 6.

>Stock is up
>Going bankrupt
Pick 1

Neither is the gtx1060

Just wait until August 1 the day bitcoin busts or banks. if bust expect cheap GPUs

Is 4K vidya really that great? Non-myopic people would still need AA right?

>tfw a 599dollar volta card better than a 1080ti will be released within 3 months
CANT
WAIT
AMD IS FINISHED

what happens tomorrow?

that thing

samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/curved/34--cf791-wqhd-monitor-lc34f791wqnxza/

>Trading blows with p6000

Really, just use real software and not amd slides and you will see the reality.

Catia, AutoCAD, Maya it's all shit on Vega

It isn't, for video games 1440p144hz is way better but muh slightly more shiny graphics.

>wolfenstein2 and prey are available thru torrents
>a general good 4k monitor costs 300burgers (lol muh free/gsync monitor with dead pixels microstutter and ghosting that costs 1k burgers)
>a general good am4 mobo costs 80burgers
K E K

>Really, just use real software and not amd slides and you will see the reality.
(You)

>tfw waiting for vega for almost 2 months with my 1800x and apparently you can only buy these gay packs right now

let me get my card REEEEEEE

>2 cards consume more than 1

yeah okay, the 480 was hotter than a 580.