I just watched this amazingly wonderful documentary about Tehran, Iran and overall life in Iran...

I just watched this amazingly wonderful documentary about Tehran, Iran and overall life in Iran. I am completely astounded. I already knew that Iran was not what the Western civilizations had made it out to be, but the fact that there are Catholic Churches in Iran and Orthodox churches there blows my mind.

The person being given a tour is from Australia and has blonde hair. Is there a requirement that one needs a tour guide with them if they're not citizens of Iran?

How would a person from America be treated in Iran if I were to travel there to visit the country and take in the gorgeous sights of such a beautiful, pristine and old nation?

Are there any particular dangers to people who are from abroad? Is it generally advisable to learn a little Farsi before taking a trip there?

My best friend is from Iran and she says that the country is not what the media portrays it as. I already knew that because of how misleading our media is to our citizens, but how receptive would Iran be toward a person such as I? I am by far very respectable and would never cause a problem for any country person of Iran.

Thanks, I hope I get some replies from Iranian/Persian people and not the one-sided argument that is stuck on repeat here in the USA.

Here is the documentary I watched. It is truly fascinating and I honestly can't wait until I have enough funds to see my way clear in just air travel. But for a trip to Iran, I would want to make sure I have enough money to stay for a few weeks to ensure I see all the beautiful sights.

It's my understanding from my Persian friend that the airfare from America to Germany to Iran is nearly $14,000 USD for one person.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bke8kLt4-9I
triphackr.com/how-to-travel-to-iran-as-an-american/
youtu.be/zWYoY8YRj3w
archive.4plebs.org/_/articles/credits/
desuarchive.org/
desuarchive.org/int/thread/61657848
daftar.org/Eng/default.asp?lang=eng
youtu.be/ojXz3BmOZ0Y
youtu.be/nbjVrm6XS_A
youtu.be/_2LEgowbzSc
youtube.com/watch?v=5_Fb8XDeV4A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oops, I forgot to post the link. Here it is:

youtube.com/watch?v=bke8kLt4-9I

By the way, some information about me: 24 year old white male from Florida, USA

My grandmother went to Iran last year.
It really isn't what the media make it out to be. It is much more equal than Saudi Arabia. And everyone is very friendly towards tourists.

You would be fine, Iranians are geniuenly nice people sure you might bump into some bad seeds but don't thiink so. Just don't say anthing bad about Ali. Also most of the youth speaks English very well they are really helpfull too.

That is the response I keep hearing when I see people traveling to Iran from abroad.

If you were to listen to the media's take on Iran you would think that the second you landed in Tehran as a Caucasian that you would be hauled off to a prison or executed.

I really want to go to Iran to visit the beautiful country that is probably the best kept secret in the Middle East. Everyone is so friendly to the tourists... minus the government. The people are amazing.

Amazing. I am actually rather excited for my trip there. It won't be anytime soon, as I am nowhere near the amount I would need to travel there - but now I will set a goal for this trip/vacation.

Good luck! Have fun!!!

When I refer to the Government, I am referring the extremist side of it. I'm sure some Govt officials are friendly and happy to see tourists from other nations.

They have cunt on flag

the problem is that American tourists are always loud and obnoxious and never, NEVER respect their hosts' culture

I wouldn't be surprise if some American tourist got executed in France for ordering a glass of wine with ice in it

I agree. I am so ashamed of my fellow Americans and how obnoxious and disgusting their behavior is while in other countries.

I feel extremely embarrassed when people from abroad come to America to visit and see nothing but crime, loud and obnoxious racists, smut on television and rude, rude people.

Of all the times I've traveled abroad, I've encountered nothing but respect and hospitality that you would expect if you were a Presidential person or a Royal.

Here in America if someone sees a tourist they immediately assume they are an immigrant or a terrorist. I suppose I am a bit different than the rest since I was raised to respect all people, regardless of what they believe in, what language they speak or how they look. I wish more people could learn what my father taught me.

and your flag represents 40 million cunts

You dont want it

if 'it' means poles, then no, definitely no

WTF i love Iran now! how can our media keep getting away with this?

On this board or real live ?

I see some sword penetrating butt cheeks and some lines for decorations

Our (world) media is demonizing Iran because their bank isn't part of the World Bank. Disgusting how corrupt the media is.

I love Iran!

Even the shia clerics are fine. Just don't go in public shit talking any Muslim or government figures, or dress too unislamically (like don't wear shorts it's illegal), and you'll be fine.

I'd range ban you all without a doubt
Poles however, I..uh. haven't met any of em

Well duh, of course. We are cancerous fucks.

>having self awareness

Good lad

Iranian here, I'll answer all your questions OP and others

First of all, it shouldn't cost you $14,000 to get to Iran worth a stopover in Germany.

I suggest you use a site like farecompare.com and finding the cheapest flight you can find. Due to the nature of the long duration flights you're guaranteed to be on a big plane with decent service no matter the airline.

Do you wish Sunnis removed from this world?

Don't feel so bad. British and Chinese tourists are WAY worse than any American

Only Saudis think like sectarian degenerates (takfiris). Iran has everything: Zoroastrian, Orthodox, Catholic, Jewish, Sunni/Shia Muslims. There were even historically Iranian Buddhists who spread Buddhism to China but they all converted since then.

The Saudi royals on the other hand, I wish would get what's coming to them with their Frankenstein creations Al Qaeda and ISIS.

Thanks for that info :)

triphackr.com/how-to-travel-to-iran-as-an-american/

I was giving this a quick read, I suppose I need a visa and a pre-approved itinerary before I can land in Tehran.

Will my profession be a problem in Tehran (should I find a different career?) I am becoming a local police officer in Florida and it's not anything pertaining to the US Government. I will just patrol a small town with a population of under 20K people. My friend told me that due to her dual-citizenship, she can't have a US Government job due to the sanctions or she would lose her Iranian citizenship. I can understand that.

Also, thank you for informing me about that airfare website, I am going to save it.

What is your trip like going into Iran, from start to finish. Are there any certain things you do when you arrive or prior to departure?

You would also need a licensed tour guide to pretty much accompany you throughout your stay. This is because you're American, British and Canadian tourists also have to deal with it so if you have another passport I suggest you use that for your trip. The tour guide will actually add to your experience so don't think of it as some lame government worker who is just following you around, their usually people well versed with the tourism and hospitality industries.

I don't think being police will be any problem for you OP. As long as you don't have shady military or intelligence connections in USA or Israel you should be fine.

As a general rule, don't take pictures of government, military or intelligence buildings or personnel. That includes courts, jails, and etc. In some cases it's fine but it's all unnecessary risk and will create a lot of suspicion.

Check out this video, and I'll try to find other good ones soon

youtu.be/zWYoY8YRj3w

The best kept secret in the Middle East is easily Oman

While in Tehran I recommend you use public transit (subway is the best) but also definitely check out the taxis in the street. You'll really like talking with fellow passengers and drivers who knows some English I think.

In Tehran, check out:
- darband
- tochal (can go skiing in the winter btw but dizin is better for that)
- Golestan and Niavaran palaces
- Bazaar bozorg, Bazaar Tajrish
- Pol tabiat (nature bridge)
- milad tower
- museums you're interested in
- maybe chitgar lake?
- even Khomeini's tomb would be cool for you I think

Be careful while jaywalking

Honestly though your tour guide and also quick internet searches might be best for you to handpick where you want to go.

Other than Tehran I highly recommend Esfehan, Shiraz, Yazd, Kiah/Gheshm, Rasht, Hamedan, Kermanshah, Tabriz

>
I agree. I am so ashamed of my fellow Americans and how obnoxious and disgusting their behavior is while in other countries.

Pussy

One more thing OP, I don't think any other nation on the world respects their poets as much as Iranians do. Go check out some of the tombs of Iran's top poets such as Hafez.

Right. I can buy a flight to Tehran for 460 euros from Amsterdam. 14000 dollars is just ridiculous even with the extra costs like visa.

Licensed tour guide, got it. It's possible that I can obtain a dual-citizenship for Costa Rica, do you know if Costa Rican citizens travel to Iran and have any issue? Would they still focus on me being an American citizen? No shady military intelligence or Israeli ties for me, luckily.

No photos of governmental installations, that's pretty easy to remember. That's the way it is here, usually.

That video, btw, was amazing.

That's great. I can't wait to set up a tour guide then, since it seems like they know the lay of the land, so to speak.

Also, thanks for providing me with this so it's best to avoid jaywalking haha. I wouldn't want to risk getting run over, that's surely not a good way to spend my time in Iran lol.

Beautiful pictures, also, btw - if I forgot to mention it earlier. The tunnels look great. This picture looks so peaceful and relaxing I will surely make sure to visit some of the poetry hotspots there. Hafez is what I'll remember.

Does anyone know if Sup Forums keeps archives? I don't want to lose all the good info I've gotten in this thread.

You better make a post about your trip afterwards user

I see that they do have an archive that expires after 7 days. Should be enough time to store this info on my computer by then. (I'm currently at work now lol)

archive.4plebs.org/_/articles/credits/

There are several archives

You can expect that for sure! I am excited for Iran now!

Is there a particular way to import Sup Forums threads into 4plebs archives?

are you hiring wherever you are
Florida meet here, send help

Just take a note of the the thread no. and search for it on desuarchive.org/
This thread is already there desuarchive.org/int/thread/61657848

I figured it out. Just needed to go to another archive site :D

I'm in South Florida but for me I'm doing security. I'm going to become a police officer (relatively soon - relative is a vague term, still awaiting for the department to get things moving for me)

Security is always hiring people, I'm currently in an armed position. It pays my bills... but now my bills are getting bigger so I need the income that comes with this particular department. Good pay, good benefits. Paid leave, etc. Not a bad gig.

Security is mainly just temporary work. Don't get me wrong, it's solid work and you can get a good 40 hours and more if you choose to do 2 shifts a day. I made a mistake by staying in this industry for so long.

Just found it haha, was in the process of typing the reply :) thanks for providing me that link, however :)

If you can get a Costa Rican passport then it'd be a lot easier for you to travel to Iran. Maybe call up the Iranian interests section at the Pakistani embassy in DC and ask them about it. Since Iran and USA don't have normal diplomatic relations, this office run but the foreign ministry of Iran handles all sorts of things like visas, passports, etc.daftar.org/Eng/default.asp?lang=eng

>Hafez is what I'll remember.
Kek. This poet has the nickname Hafez because it's a title given to those who have memorized the Quran.

Some other interesting videos for you

youtu.be/ojXz3BmOZ0Y
youtu.be/nbjVrm6XS_A
youtu.be/_2LEgowbzSc

> as a Caucasian

Iranians are caucasian user.

Okay, I'll have to look into getting my passport from CR. I have never actually needed a reason for citizenship from there, but if it does help me travel into Iran easier then by all means I am going to try and obtain it.

>title given to those who memorized the Quran

That is an astonishing feat - impressive and interesting. I'm learning so much.

Thanks for those interesting videos, I am going to indulge in all these videos when I get home later. It's so interesting.

I'm watching this right now

youtube.com/watch?v=5_Fb8XDeV4A

The wildlife and natural aspects of Iran blow my mind.

My friend told me that there are even ginger Caucasian's in Iran too who are born and raised there :)

>memorized the Quran

Still he got hammered on whine.
Based sufis.