OpenSUSE Tumbleweed

It's seriously one of the best distributions out there. If you think otherwise, show me. Tell me one flaw that openSUSE and its derivatives have. I'll wait.

yast is bloat
also
i'm not a beta tester

Mascot.

I'm not a chameleon, unfortunately

I hope they fix that font rendering someday. It would be perfect if they fix that.

4gb iso, what are they thinking?

>ffmpeg built without support for modern video formats
>have to enable 3rd party repo
>have to mix 3rd party packages
>3rd party packages get built against outdated libs
>can't watch movies
fuck tumbleweed tbqh senpai

What other distro would you suggest then?

Can't install a printer without root.

why does it have 99 package managers then? kys shill

It's a bit big, but nothing that should stop you from using it. Even poverty can afford 4gb

these.
And also reinstaling Nvidia drivers after every kernel update is tiresome

i want to use it, but im wondering if my GT 730 Fermi is going to work the same or better with the nouveau drivers, since i don't want to install the NVIDIA ones manually because is a pain in the ass

It can't detect my printers and doesn't support an application I use.

no wtf
Installed that shit on my family pc and oh my fucking god pure fucking bloat. Windows 7 is better than this shit.
Just gonna use debian.

Nah.

It's not bad, but I had some issues with it.

For instance to watch any videos I had to install a fuckton of packages from some random post along with adding already an external repository. That is not super intuitive I must say.

Another issue is the boot times. Easily the worst I experienced out of the box, and even after setting an static IP the wicked service takes its sweet time.

I like that it tries to give that impression that it's a professional OS but on an SSD it still puts btrfs+xfs as defaults which is weird as well. It's trying to be its own thing when some things work pretty ok already.

I would go back to it but I need chrome/chromium to work with magnet links and to have a more pleasant experience with codecs, I had to rely much more on the arch wiki than anything else with this so if I'm going to have this much trouble at least I suppose I should instead use arch or an actual arch based distro if I'm going to keep doing that anyways.

rpm is the problem

>tfw openSUSE Leap 42.3 with mate

>best distro
shilling this bloated cia backdoor on Sup Forums

>open source
>backdoored
You are special aren't you

gentoo doesn't have this problem

so what advantages i would have using this over debian sid? cant come up with any reason to change