Hello again Sup Forums and retro enthusiasts. This was my thread from the other day: >>61632364

Hello again Sup Forums and retro enthusiasts. This was my thread from the other day: Unfortunately I didn't have the time to take more pictures that day. However, tonight I am starting to organize things in preparation for my move. I'll be taking pictures throughout the evening of some of the legacy/retro stuff I have and posting them.

Pic related are some old ISA sound cards I just packaged up. 1/2

2/2

we don't need another fucking general for literally trash
fuck off

Electronics recycling general?

umadbro?

>>>/reddit/

Nice buttmad, fuck off to Sup Forums.

Is the left orange PCB a modem/sound card hybrid?

You're in the US, aren't you? Damn I need a hardware configurable sound card.

Pic related.

Yep. Was a common thing way back when. And yes, I'm in the US.

Pic related is some random ISA NICS.

Fuck yes!

Nice!

I myself finally received the replacement keyboard for my Osborne 1 today.
After a whole day of figuring shit out I finally managed to write some bootable floppies for it too!

Not even sure what this is... old SCSI card I think.

Awesome, those 3Com Etherlink III's are literally worth their weight in gold. Keep onto them. Specially the one with the socket.

Pre-AT, ISA 8-bit floppy controller.

Cirrus Logic VLB video card.

Thanks user, learn something new every day!

Misc 30 and 72 pin RAM.

Nice nice VESA card!

That's the floppy controller out of an original IBM PC or XT. You can tell by the Beckman ceramic DIP resistor network. Almost all IBM cards had one of them.

Nice, picked them up from the load or had them previously?

Wait, you're the user who posted the CueCat scanner on /retro/ a week or two ago?

These were from a previous load. Yes, I am the one that posted the cuecat.

More pics in a bit.

>More pics in a bit.
Comfy.

Hello gorgeous.

Tfw my parents sent my retro parts over the years to the Philippines

Hel... Oh, you mean the Osborne 1.

You don't want to know what I had to do to write floppies for it with a HD drive.

>no heatsink on the Kingston memory
got to be fake

Well.. I'm afraid I do wanna know

hi 8bit guy :D

Since you liked those you'll probably like these, though they are obviously newer.

saving the thumbnail

My HD drive writes much thinner tracks then a DD drive, because I was using DD floppies, those all already had data written on them with thick tracks, so when I wrote my image onto it with the HD drive, it just wrote into the middle of the DD track, obviously the result was corrupted data when the Osborne with it's also thick head tried to read them.
But I didn't have a bulk eraser, so I just took two neodymium magnets and wiped the DD disk a few times with them, after that I wrote the image onto the floppy again, and voila! Booted!

The are fine cards with good driver support, but ain't that special compared to the ISA Etherlink III's that work in 8-bit ISA slots and have a working packet driver for 8086/8088 instruction set.

Wait... are you actually the 8 bit guy from youtube?

Pic related is pretty useless, but it was still packaged so I thought what the hell. Just bought it today at a thrift store actually.

Are you 8 bit guy O0O he's the only person on this planet with a working osbone computer

No, I was working on my own Osborne 1 way before 8-Bit guy had hes.

8bit guy???

>Are you 8 bit guy O0O he's the only person on this planet with a working osbone computer
>osbone
kek

>only person on this planet with a working osborne* computer
>he doesn't know who Terry Stewart is

this is totally 8bit guy. I luv ya vids :3

Just the case unfortunately, but will be restored someday. This thing is a tank.

I wanna fug that case

yoooo 8bit guy gets nice dubbs

>my niqqa

HOL LI FUK its 8-bit guy on Sup Forums

>8-bit guy on Sup Forums
he actually did browse /vr/

Fairly certain this is a PSU for a PC/AT, though I don't know what model.

How did you write it the second time?

Did you leave them out in the rain? The corrosion looks pretty bad.

That's how I got it.

Looks like an AT PSU to me, yep.

>8-bit guy
What, Trent Reznor's "8-bit guy"?

The same way as the first time. ImageDisk.
Just that now the DD floppy was clean(er) after wiping it physically with a magnet.

DOO BEE DOO BIT BOY 7

Right. Thanks, have a great time with your beauty.

I sure will, thanks user.

Yay, I was hoping I'd come across this. It's one of my more interesting pieces (well, to me anyways). It's called a DECTalk. I got it from a blind man - it synthesized speech so blind people could use computers way back in the day. He told me it cost him $3,000 when he bought it.

Looks like something got into the bag and gummed it up. Pisses me off, dammit.

Why not IPA the fuck out of it?

Oh! My! God!
Coolios!

Quick, contact cleaner and isopropyl alcohol.

India pale ale?

If you want to drink some before washing the board with isopropyl alcohol, sure. I won't judge.

k, tnx

Here's another pic while I'm cleaning

Nifty! I recently got one of those with a laptop I acquired, the port pops out when pushed, delegate as fuck but cool idea.

I remember those. I found that people were apt to break the damn things off. It became such a problem where I worked we switched everyone to pic related. I don't have any of these, just a stock photo.

Yeah, I'm amazed this one still works, because the guy I got the laptop from used it for years (shared with his family).

i got a new gpu

HOLY SHIT
Quakes gonna fucking fly with it at 800x600.

Couple AGP cards when clear sides & case modding was starting to be a thing. Personally love the heatsink on the MSI.

Love it.

>build a heatsink in the shape of your logo
>design it so it's upside down with the fancy angle cut facing the motherboard

Late 90s - early 2000's Thinkpad keyboards. Literally have like 30-40 of these.

Random p3 IBM.

Oh man, I had that exact model, P5-90, the 90MHz Pentium model. Came with Win 3.11 but I upgraded mine to 95 when that came out. You could probably kill a man with that case. Pre-ATX though so probably a pain to put anything modern in.

You guys do realize this is a BLUE BOARD?

Almost got fired for watching bare PCBs are work.

Looks like you have a spider living in there.

This monster came to me in a lot. I have no idea if it works but it did come with a full array of Linear Tapes which appear to be in perfect shape.

Various hotswap carriages. I don't think this is really a thing anymore. I never see it.

Oh hi.

Are those SCSI drives, Lucifer?

I came.
Also hi.

So, i found at work a 2 button IBM mouse, i think it's from 1988 as it came with a PS/1, it's just in a box where no one control (except me), should i go full nigger and take it to my home? I have no real use for it (the plug is PS/2) except nostalgia.

Just ask, they probably don't give a fuck?

Got one for a G40 by any chance?

Only has two screws, and a single brass post. Ive been looking for one to keep around as a backup.

Looks like all the ones I have have 2+ brass posts. Sorry user.

MATROX 618-02, circa 1996.

>MGA
>naming your new hip graphics card after (then already) decade old graphics standard

Is it just my bad eyesight, or do a lot of these cards look wet, or have water damage?

it's the high res pictures and flash, rest is normal oxidation

2 more beige beauties I forgot about with the case everyone had. I *think* these are 1st gen Athlons.

Note: I do clean them when I restore them.

>Webp.net-compress-image
>compress
sure is

What are those checkerboard lookking things? Are they functionless?

Nice big cases.
Love the 5.25" floppy drives with the 3.5" drive design and the Laser Disk drives.

whoa I dunno wtf happened with that pic....

Nothing is wet, I'm taking these pics with a Galaxy Note 4. 16 MP. I'm having to compress them to upload them because of 4chans file size limits. But yeah, you will notice some oxidation on some of this stuff. A lot of it comes out of attics and basements, so definitely not the best storage conditions.

Mostly functionless, could be explained as very specific shielding

Now that's a SCSI controller

Looks like a crime scene photo

I fixed it.

>Nothing is wet
Talk about yourself. I'm moist as fuck, keep posting.

Someone forcefully ripped out a CD-ROM drive, you can see the blood dripping from the hole.

In IC manufacture, they're used to keep the proportion of metal coverage approximately equal over the whole chip area, which is probably to assist continuous processing by not exhausting the etchant in any one spot leading to uneven etching. Perhaps their board fab also ran a continuous process.

it's about as much blood if someone got their finger in an old delta fan while it's on.

that's only the marks left where it flew the heaviest, the rest got washed off by the tears