/urban/ + /architecture/

Discuss urban developement, design, planning, urbanization, growth and future of cities, urban life style etc. All discussions about architecture, it's impact on daily life, trends(both historical and contemporary), new projects and anything related to architecture in general, are welcomed here aswell.

Post pics of cities, urban areas, buildings, physical structures, infrastructure also construction sites and renders. Comment and rate.

not balt

Thats a bit of a broad topic.

Dumping some random stuff.

dumping german castles

Where do you see the future of residential living, /urb+arc/? Obviously humanity won't ever become localized again and stay where they settle, so will the trend towards size continue despite the lower affordability of houses compared to the past and despite the higher mobility demands towards the work force? Will houses become even cheaper so they more easily be torn down and a new one built elsewhere when you move? Will people start renting more and lower their expectations of residential individuality, regardless of whether we're talking about rental apartments or rental houses? Or will we see a rise in smaller modular houses that can be disassembled into truck transportable boxes and reassembled as many times as you like so your house can move with you?

and some polish castles

noice
are people still living on there?
is this owned by polish gov?

>Where do you see the future of residential living, /urb+arc/?
Dunno just normal aparments blocks I guess?

>Will houses become even cheaper so they more easily be torn down and a new one built elsewhere when you move?
>Or will we see a rise in smaller modular houses that can be disassembled into truck transportable boxes and reassembled as many times as you like so your house can move with you?
Are things like this even happen in Europe? Not in Poland certainly but I guess we aren't as mobile as the Westerners.

desu I can post some Polish castles aswell but I've posted all of them already in some thread months ago

No. Germany as a war torn country has been shifted into rented apartments anyway, we have one of Europe's highest rates for that lifestyle at roughly 50%, so mobility isn't as much of an issue as it is in countries with higher rates of house ownership. What do I observe in Germany though is that councils are very hesitant to zone residential land, which drives prices for building plots through the roof. In good areas people are already paying more for the plot than for the house they're putting on it even though we have tons of space available relatively speaking.

Manchester City Council have approved these towers. At 200m tall, the tallest one will be the tallest skyscraper in the UK outside of London.

They look stupid. Manchester is already well on its way to being as ugly as Birmingham, though, so we must simply consider it a lost cause at this point. Or at least hope that it will achieve some kind of critical mass where despite being ugly it is still dense and large-scale, making it at least somewhat attractive perhas 20 years down the line.

Yes, plot prices are surging in Poland aswell, dunno how it is compared to Germany though.

They aren't bad by any means though...

I even kind of like them, smooth, simple, classy shape and somehow ornate facade.

Here is Manchester from an angle which shows off its large scale/area in a nice way.
It is less attractive from other angles (not that it is particularly beautiful from that angle) which reveal lower density areas of the city.

The quality of build in Manchester will remain low, like in Brum, but like I said in the previous post, this still won't necessarily stop Manchester from at least achieving a density and scale which might give it some aesthetic appeal.

I don't like them.

This actually isn't really attractive, typical British industrial urbanscape.

Alesund a cute!

>tfw not living in a microvillage

no future

Every town needs a good market square, where the public can buy and sell local goods; or just meet up and hang out; or stage the sacrifice of Jews or Muslims or other groups who do not truly belong.

im thinking of buying that game cities skyline to do traffic simulations, is it good for that, anyone knows