/mkg/ - no edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
mechkeys.io/product/gmk-vimcaps
silverlinux.blogspot.com/2012/06/why-im-using-1988-keyboard.html
geekkeys.com/keysets/
aliexpress.com/item/NPKC-Blank-side-printed-Cherry-Profile-Thick-PBT-Keycap-ANSI-ISO-layout-For-Cherry-MX-Switches/32807123075.html
amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS8YTYX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what about leopold fc660c? it's a more "normal" layout, though it's still ANSI. and you would still be missing the < > key... I've heard of a layout called US International, but I don't know how it actually performs. perhaps you could try it out? it would open up your options a lot more, but again, I don't know anything about how it would actually feel to use.

I need your help /mkg/. I've been searching for days but can't find what I'm looking for. I've finally given up and I'm looking for help from others.

I'd like to buy keycaps. Specifically: double-shot (not dyesub), PBT (not ABS), Japanese Kana legends. Any color, any profile is fine.

I can't find something like this anywhere. I've found ABS double-shot and PBT dysesub but not doubleshot PBT.

HALP!

Those sub legends are pad printed. The only doubleshot sub legends you can buy today are crylic and are in ABS. What you want doesn't exist, unless you get dye-sub. I really don't get why it matters since dye-sub legends never wear off.

>Those sub legends are pad printed
Not sure what you're talking about. The pic? Not important.

Dye-sub = fuzzy. Can't have dark keycaps with white legends. Don't want it. I'd like double-shot PBT. But I am unable to find it...

>Dye-sub = fuzzy.
Not on good sets
>Can't have dark keycaps with white legends.
Yes you can, Google inverse dye-subbing
Also only three companies make double shot PBT (and not very well) since its a bitch to work with. Ducky can't make a decent set to save their life, tai-hao is so thin that GMK ABS sets somehow last longer, and vortex can't get the sub legends correct so they hack them up. Even on double shot ABS the Japanese sub legends are pad printed, if you're lucky they laser etch them. Your only option is to get dye-sub or laser etched PBT.

>Not on good sets
Does not exist.

>Google inverse dye-subbing
It looks like vomit. Have you even looked at one in person? It doesn't even look black.

>Your only option is to get dye-sub or laser etched PBT.
Both of these options are awful. Oh well. My quest is then over. I'll just buy a good quality double-shot PBT set with english legends and call it a day.

Ah so you're a troll. Should've figured it sooner. Pro tip next time don't use embedded images

>troll
you''re an idiot if you think anything i said is trolling. everything I said is true.

Motherfucking waffle keyboards.
Any tolerable cheap TKLs in murica that arent gaymer shit? I know how to solder, are cheap kits a thing?

>Does not exist.
Nah its a troll. You can get non fuzzy dye-sub PBT for 50-80 bucks depending on the complexity. Cherry has been inverse dye subbing since before you were born.
You're a troll simple as that

>you"re
Troll master detected

The clit on this thing is ass but I've never been happier.

I fucking hate Unicomp. The laziest shitters in the whole keyboard industry. Fuck those guys. The keyboards are great tho

ALL edges on a dyesub are fuzzy. It's due to the texture of the keycap.

Show me a good inverse dyesub that actually looks good and is available for sale today. I'll wait.

The clit on the original is shit too user.

Okay how about this. Tell me the difference between these two sets.
Also anything from BSP

You're playing games kiddo. And it's obvious you reversed the names.

Again, show me a good inverse dyseub keyset for sale today. Every one of them I've looked at online and seen in person (I've even owned a chinkshit one) looked like shit.

And they really are fuzzy because of the way sublimation is made on top of a rough texture.

And I really don't are if you like and I don't. I would never buy dyesub again.

That's a pretty cleaver troll, I'll give you that. No more memes from me, enjoy you're ABS sets user

>That's a pretty cleaver troll, I'll give you that. No more memes from me, enjoy you're ABS sets user
>you're
Just some name calling and bad grammar. I challenged you to show me these amazing inverse dyseubs and you balked and came up with nothing and resorted to BS. You probably got pissed off when I correctly guessed your trap image (it's obvious which is a dyesub user... it really is).

I'm willing to admit I'm wrong if you can actually prove me wrong. Dyseub is just awful IMO.

Can confirm.

this is ABS but GMK laser, i think, will have actual japanese doubleshot

How do you fags like my layout

>Not enjoying abs
How does it feel to be a casual?

You can't enjoy them more then me user. I spent $280 on doubleshot ABS

Is it true ever since mx silent's release cherry has been using new moulds that remove the scratchiness that was in their old linear switches?

Whats the consensus on cherry mx reds?

Kinda. Gaterons still have the smoothest molds since my two year old unlubbed zealios are smoother then the newer cherry switches. Its a whole lot better then the other chink shit like kailh, gaote, and zorro and its nice that cherry has caught up. They still give this shitty excuse that a little bit of scratchiness is good since it helps you feel how far down you are

>pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
How can you stand the feel of the ABS though?

Where I can found Vim caps?

Can I get a second opinion on this?
I don't see the hype for Outemu Pruples, they feel like less smooth Gateron browns. Tactile bump is similar to Gaterons, less than Outemu browns, Zealios, or MX Browns.
I got to try Outemu Ice Purples but they feel different, almost like Outemu brown but weightier. They're supposed to use a Purple with a 62g spring, how does it change the feel so drastically?
Or are chink switches really that inconsistent and I got a weird batch?

I have reds in my noppoo choc mini, love them honestly. Couldn't imagine getting anything different

Meant to say MX clears instead of MX browns, I don't think there's any tactile switch with a smaller bump than MX browns

Is it just me or does that look like corn?

mx reds are a love/hate thing, some people like them while others hate them
if you're buying them for gayming consider kailh speed switches or those laser switches from gateron

Some loser on geekhack contacted GMK and asked them if they could make a custom vim keycap. They charged him $100,000 for the molds and he actually paid it. They're very expensive, but the quality is superb

Ok cool. I locked in on mx blacks and old reds were a little to scratchy for me so I was worried. Glad they've changed

Similar one
mechkeys.io/product/gmk-vimcaps

Hmm...

>Budget
$150 absolute max, but the cheaper the better
>Location (continent at least)
Ohio, US
>Preferred switch type
Honestly not sure. Have blues but not particularly sold on them, even though I mostly type. First mech switch ever though.
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
No preference. Open to ideas.
>Backlight
RGB was a meme to me until I saw my friend's K70 and enjoyed the lights a bit too much.
>Previous/current keyboards
Used my laptop's chiclet keyboard for about 6 years until I spilled water and ruined it. Started looking into actual keyboards and discovered mechs.

I currently own a Leopold FC750R with Cherry Blues that I'm just not sure I'm entirely sold on. It's taken a lot longer than I thought it would to get used to the switches and the force needed to activate them and I'm not sure I entirely enjoy it. My friend just got a new K70 with browns and I really enjoy how much easier it is to press on the keys. A little too mushy I think, so maybe I'd like the reds? Blacks? I just don't know. I don't have any way of testing out other switches other than what friends have and the only friend with a mech is the one I just mentioned.

>how do you fags like my layout
if only reddit would be okay with this

got tired of seeing my dad do his remote work with a shitty keyboard that he won't replace, got him a K840 Mechanical. not the biggest fan of Romer G switches, but durable for his long work days and quiet enough for conference calls. it also lacks all gamer logos and lights, which is good for him.
my one complaint is that there's no indicator light for numlock, yet still has a windows key lockout function (likely a holdout from the G413 rebadge).

What's the best beige aesthetic 104/10keyless under 100 keyboard?

model m, original or unicomp

I'd recommend a corsair strafe w/ blues or clears if you like floating key designs, and a ducky shine 4+ if you like set-in keys. Keep in mind, floating key designs are a bit louder as well. Don't fall for the red/brown meme, they feel like squishy shit. I wouldn't recommend a model M because it has a 2 (or 3?) key rollover, which makes typing fast painful, and gaming impossible.

I think that looks pretty slick, actually. Nice design.

>and gaming impossible
This is false.

Recently bought the HyperX mech, and I got the model with cherry mx blues. I probably could have shopped around more and got a better deal off of amazon but this was nice because I walked right into best buy, tried out the keyboards, then walked out, and they were charging the same amount as amazon and any other online store as I could find.... Again, I could have ordered a budget mech and got something with gatereons, but I'm a high time preference fuck, so imo the extra money was worth it for me. I'm gonna order a set of keycaps - Are the cheap(ish) ones alright? I'm talking $25, roughly, not like crazy dirt cheap

>Are the cheap(ish) ones alright?

You want pbt so they don't get shiny over time. You want cherry profile I'm guessing since you have a cherry board. As for the legends, you can go blank, but if you don't want that look into dyesub or doubleshot since things like pad printing will wear over time.

I liked it mostly because it's no frills yet not meme tier oversimplified. Logitech is marketing this as a workplace mech keyboard and it's not doing a bad job at it. if you have a dictator/secretary, they would love something like this.

Alright, thanks user, I appreciate it.

> Don't fall for the red/brown meme

Millions of mechanical keyboard users like reds and browns quite well. Also, you don't know what meme means.

> wouldn't recommend a model M because it has a 2 (or 3?) key rollover, which makes typing fast painful, and gaming impossible.

bs and bs

Possibly look into finding a board with cherry clears or matias click or quiet click.

WTF is going on here?

silverlinux.blogspot.com/2012/06/why-im-using-1988-keyboard.html
>It's no secret that the Model M has 2-key rollover (meaning, worst case, you might not be able to hit three keys at once). I'm not even much of a gamer, and this has gotten in my way a few times.

also, reds and brows are squishy shit. Don't fall for the red/brown meme like this cunt clearly has.

What do you think should I change Gateron blues to Outemu ice purple on my Tada68? I on a budget and want to have the tactile bump without the noise.

R A R E
A
R
E
Some cunt in italy is doing the same thing with foam TKL wrist rests except they have a reasonable price and $100 shipping to burgerland.

>12 sold

>foam TKL wrist rests
I bought one of those grifiti fat wrist rests and it lasted 6 months before it started looking and feeling like shit. washing it didn't help much because it was fraying. Then I bought that PC Gaming Race TKL wrist pad and it lasted maybe 8 months since it was made of fabric and it was impossible to clean it.
Now I have a chinkshit $6 wrist pad made from protein leather and it's the best by far. So damn easy to clean and it's softer than other ones. Highly recommended.

sold
I don't get this shit. You can buy 2 FUCKING KEYBOARDS for the price of fucking feet.

Boggles my mind.

My autism dictates that the rest is the exact length of my 14.5" keyboard though.

About to order corsair k95 rgb cherry mx brown
Any other keyboaed i should consider? Needs to be quiet preferably rgb desu

>My autism dictates that the rest is the exact length of my 14.5" keyboard though.
mine's the exact same length. it's superb.
pic related.

>K95
dont waste the money and just get a K70

>brown
pure garbage.

this guy knows. browns feel just like a rubberdome. you might as well save your money and not get one at all.

Literally no rubber dome can have the characteristic of a Cherry MX Bown switch.

I agree with you, except they share the same characteristic of feeling like fresh shit when you press down. If you're into that, cool.

Cunt feels like what? Oh that's right, you haven't the slightest idea.

I've typed on more switches then you ever will son and browns and reds are very different switches. Though you probably wouldn't notice the subtle differences between them because it's hard to focus on such details when you're slobbering all over some 16yo asian kid's cock for a chance to buy his custom 39.4% acrylic unicorn cum sandwich keyboard with outemu blues.

This guy stuffs his fingers into fresh shit regularly enough to make comparisons to mechanical switches.

Do you seriously have nothing better to do but shout your pompous opinions about mechanical keyboards on the internet?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitches? Ill have you know etc. etc. Eat shit and die autists. You're leading people into a dumpster bin with your shitty ass sour grape opinions. Reds and browns are objectively the worst switch there is available, recommending people to buy them is like telling a good friend to kill themselves.

They have the characteristics of shit and all rubber domes feel like shit

he dosent make his own wrist rest
mine cost 3€

Lewd.

What due to use on my Unicomp caps?

Dye

What is this hate on browns?
They are quiet, light, has a little tactile feedback and comfy to type on imo. I wouldn't consider them similar to rubber domes either.

Do you have the urls to some recycling centers that offer online sales?
I remember that a lad posted one with model m2s at 25 bucks.

i have a filco with cherry blues. master race.

Can we just start spamming Unicomp with requests for a TKL until they get the fucking message and stop sitting around?

Anyone here have 45g topre and 55g?
How is the difference?

I've used linears for almost two years and now tactile switches feel like I have to press through something to type

Tactile is shit

So are we all agreed:

F type buckling springs>M type buckling springs>gateron blues>outemu blues>cherry mx blues>steaming dog turd>alps>topre>rubber dome>anything else

?

Hello, I want to buy my first mechanical keyboard.

>Budget
165€ / 185$

>Location (continent at least)
France

>Preferred switch type
Brown

>Material
PBT

>Layout
I don't really care of the layout but i have a preference for ANSI with AZERTY layout (because i'm french) but i can be fine with QWERTY layout because it's easier to programm with and i can use alt + number to type french accent.

>Form factor
100% full keyboard with at least volume keys (mute, down, up)
Thin bezels and no space between keys

>Backlight
RGB if possible or white

>Connection
Wired

>Previous/current keyboards
Logitech shitty K330

I think that Ducky Channel is my best option.
Any idea ?

Rate

Which linear is your favourite? Also do you always bottom out? I want to try out something different after browns and was thinking about the linear route.

>So are we all agreed:
No.
It's personal preferences.
Stop trying to validate yourself with shit like this. Be OK with people liking shit you hate.

Not a fan of light-colored text on white keycap.
So no.

>Admitting that something is simply different than what he's used to but still calling it shit instead of just different tastes..
You were so close, user.

Too scratchy and plastic-y for me, at least in the corsair and ducky ones I've tried in store and from friends.
Got a board with gateron reds, the smoothness is great on them, they don't feel at all scratchy or plastic-y.
Funnily enough, I prefer my gateron reds for typing and blues for gaming, text just flows on the reds whereas the clicky tactility of the blues helps with key repetition in game. Though the general consensus on that is the other way around, so your mileage may vary in that regard.

The switches I've used for two years are cherry blacks. I tried reds a long time ago on a keyboard at a store and they felt too light but now I want to try them again. I bottom out most of the time.

Linear is... linear. There's nothing in between to judge or measure. It mostly come down to the weight, ala red vs black.

If I were to blindly buy new linears I'd probably get something Gateron manufactured with a similar or slightly heavier weight than cherry blacks

So what are the cheapest, thickest PBT keycaps I can get. Say, sub $30. I don't care about printing/doubleshot, color, or anything like that, just some price, thicness, and enough keys to cover a TKL keyboard.

Pretty sure even the cheap Taihao ones are like $40 man.

geekkeys.com/keysets/

This has sub $30 pbt that arent thin as paper

aliexpress.com/item/NPKC-Blank-side-printed-Cherry-Profile-Thick-PBT-Keycap-ANSI-ISO-layout-For-Cherry-MX-Switches/32807123075.html

Should I do it?
amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS8YTYX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For $15-$17, that looks hella tempting, probably gonna pull the trigger based off of geekhack and other sites alike are saying about their texture and girth.

On aliexpress, I found some sets around $31, but the other set look so tempting compared to that.

:thinking:

Brother has the full sized one, keys are scratchy af and the tactile bump is barely noticeable.

a e s t h e t i c

No. Unicomp has no idea how to make keyboards. All what they know what to do is press a button and wait for shit to come out.

are those DSA?

It's cherry profile.