Have you ever visited this shithole? What was it like? Did you start hating the entire country after your experience?

Have you ever visited this shithole? What was it like? Did you start hating the entire country after your experience?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Italianism
ilsole24ore.com/speciali/qvita_2013/home.shtml
repubblica.it/economia/2015/12/27/news/qualita_della_vita_la_classifica_delle_province_italiane-130188489/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

9/10 vacations everytime, much better than the north

it was p nice.
Good cuisine, nice beaches, problably the friendliest people in this country.
Also there are no africans trying to sell fake sunglasses.

This. Palermo is 9/10

Isn't it just one of the many cases against prolonged greek admixture

why do you call it a shithole? it's not like east germany or england, these parts are real shitholes.

No but I was planning on doing it

My family came from there, so its probably shit

T; butthurt brexit bitch

I've been to Sicily. It was really hot, but we had a house with a swimming pool. Beautiful cities, nice food as always in Italy, nice archaeological sites.

It's filled with asshole manchildren who treats women like shit and live with their parents.
And thats coming from an anti-feminist.

They are also overzealous when it comes to their culture, considering everything Italian to be considered holy and anything not Italian is sub-par.
They even refuse to learn English even though they are a part of europe.

Italians are why stereotypes were invented.

why do italians here hate on the south so much?
all the typical italian things and the italian "feel" come from the south/sicily eg godfather
y u no respect?

visited Campania and Sicily
Campania was good but Sicily was shit because I was in some hick village where my family lives

t.north italian germannigger

From my personal research this also applies to Brazilian men except they're mostly poor. I hate feminsits too but they literally treat women like garbage

t. terroni diaspora.

Southern Italy is literally worse than Greece. I don't see how you can compare it with East Germany or England (SPECIALLY England, that makes no sense).

>all the typical italian things and the italian "feel" come from the south/sicily eg godfather

Exactly because of that reason. All the shitty stereotypes about Italians come from there: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Italianism

>Anti-Italianism in the United States resulted among some Americans in reaction to the period of large-scale Italian immigration beginning in the last part of the 19th century. Prior to that time, Italians, who had lived in North America from the beginning of the 17th century, were respected craftsmen, musicians, soldiers, merchants, missionaries, educators, artists and architects.[1] Italians and their descendants played an important role in the exploration and settlement of America, and were generally well regarded.

>They are also overzealous when it comes to their culture
to be fair this applies to every country, especially yours and your neighbours.

Uh italy youre talking to a swede

It's just one or two autists

sometimes Sup Forums memes are far from the truth

Is that why they are taking the most immigrants in Europe :^)

There's more to Italian culture than pizza and mafia, Salvatore. Anyone who isn't an uncultured idiot knows there are massive differences between the regions due to the ever-lasting influence of the city-states.

That might have been a thing 100 years ago when discrimination against the Irish was also huge but now both of them are really loved in North America 2bh

>mfw I'm from Belluno

Let me take a wild guess, you're from the worst region in Italy.

There's not a single thread about Italy without Northern Italians sperging out against Southerners. It's not two autists, it's 99% of them.

The shitty stereotypes about Italians still persist there up to this day. And that guido subculture which developed among them in the modern age also contributed to that. It's not limited to the earlier phases of the migration only.

No, I'm not from Calabria.

What's so bad about the south? I've only been to the north but wanna go to the south

The infrastructure was shit, but otherwise I found it to be quite plesent. Only annoying thing was the garbage and the pickpockets everywhere.

I'd just like to interject for a moment, but Sardinia rightfully belongs with Piedmont, Cagliari is pretty much at the same latitude of Rome. Thanks you for your time.

I agree with you, Sardo friend, but please don't call my region by that cuck name. It makes it sound like we're still cucks to the French.

Nothing, read the first posts.

This tbf Sardinia is not southern Italy

I stay north of Rome

ilsole24ore.com/speciali/qvita_2013/home.shtml
Nice meme "quality of life", which considers "free time", number of young people and density of population. Also, in a more recent chart:
repubblica.it/economia/2015/12/27/news/qualita_della_vita_la_classifica_delle_province_italiane-130188489/
The two worst provinces are both in Sardinia.

This

Yes, it considers overall aspects that contribute to the quality of life, what a shocker!!
Also, the map is from 2015.

The repubblica one is different, don't know how they did it.

>going to other region than North

>Yes, it considers overall aspects that contribute to the quality of life, what a shocker!!
>number of young people
>quality of life
Also, the population density affects the quality of life only if it's really high like in Naples.

>Also, the map is from 2015.
No, the map is from 2013, you took it from Sole24Ore, the Repubblica chart is from 2015.

>The repubblica one is different, don't know how they did it.
The fact that they're so different is a good reason to consider both of them garbage.

I don't deny that Sardinia is more developed than the other Southern regions, but it's not like the North or the Center for sure (your map makes it look beeter than some Northern provinces).

*better

Is really Southern Italy that bad
(including Sicily)?

No.

Let's be fair: those two prvinces are complete unsalvageable shite

Is Sicily really that bad?

My entire family is from there and are always boasting about Italian pride and doing stupid sterotypical guinea shit.

I don't think I can deal with the fact that I don't share the same culture or heritage of the Romans, of Dante and all other great Italians in history. Not one person who achieved cultural greatness or contributed anything came from that shithole island.

Can someone please reassure me that I'm white, Italian, and not a subhuman? This has been eating away at me since I found Sup Forums

Dante learned from sicilian poets if that's of any consolation.

>Not one person who achieved cultural greatness or contributed anything came from that shithole island.
That's just not true

That's a little nice to hear.

Can you please name some? Archimedes doesn't count, he was around before modern Sicilians were a thing.

Also, can any Italians give me a rundown on what exactly made the south so bad? Why is it so lacking in culture, cuisine, class and history compared to their northern brothers? Please no Sup Forums tier answers like "they're muslim half-breeds".

i'd give you a serious reply but you're just a stupid amerifat and don't deserve it

italian poets also often used the sonetto which was invented by a sicilian

If your family is from west Sicily then you might have some proud Norman heritage. If they're from east Sicily then they're moor shitskins.

For example Bellini, a great composer, Majorana (scientist), Pirandello, Sciascia, Verga

>Verga

Speaking about this, what do northeners understand when reading about the "lupini" of the Malavoglia

>i'd give you a serious reply but you're just a stupid amerifat and don't deserve it

Epic

My family is from Palermo. Is the "Sicilians are a mix of every race ever haha!" normie meme true? I had no idea about Germanic influence there.

>Why is it so lacking in culture, cuisine
>lacking in cuisine
Stopped reading here

@61678660
Learn some history before making these conclusions from your meme pseudoscience. You're that Piemontese guy I guess

I visited Rome
Was pretty noice
I preferred Tuscany though

Really, I think the "southern italian cuisine is better " notion many people have is false. Northern Italian cuisine blends many elements, oils, etc and Sicilian cuisine is DUDE TOMATO SAUCE LMAO

Where have you been in tuscany?

Patrician-tier:
Sardinian cuisine
Tuscan cuisine

Shit-tier:
everything else

Like I said: east Sicilians = shitskins. west Sicilians = way whiter looking. People around Palermo and Trapani look pretty fair due to the Norman influence.

Gelato/ice cream, cannoli, granita, panelle, cassata, iris. None of these things has anything to do with tomato sauce. Pasta itself comes from Sicily. It's by far the most relevant place in terms of cuisine, only Emila-Romagna can compete.

What a nice thing to be the whitest looking when they gave mafia to the rest of the island.

>Emila-Romagna
>mmmh yes this flat bread is so good enjoy those god-tier sweets southern cunts haha oh yeah fill this pasta with meat lmao
Emilian "dishes" are a fucking joke and so are you for falling for the meme, british cuisine is much superior

for example some of the best italian writers of the last two centuries were sicilians: Verga, Pirandello, Quasimodo (both nobel graduates.)
Director Giuseppe Tornatore (winner of Oscar) is Sicilian, etc.
There are many more examples, don't believe Sup Forums memes.

Fottuto bastardo io sono del nord ma non cago sulla mia terra testa di cazzo sputtani il tuo paese solo per spocchia

Too many gypsies

QUESTO

MORTE AI DIVISIONISTI

UN PAESE UN CUORE UN POPOLO

Silent yellow shit

because they're butthurt preteens

OP, I believe that a typical western foreigner will find those lands "comfy" because they visit "tourist traps" and so on
They don't know that Souther Italy is 10 times worse than Greece, poorer than Mauritania. They don't know that there are many historical sites - sure, WHAT THE FUCK, the region is literally 2700+ yrs old and as been a crucial element in western culture - but many of those are left to rot. They don't know that the "designated shitting streets" we all joke about are nothing if compared to the perpetual trash emergency down there - administered by mafia for decades.
They don't know that the HDI in that region is on par with Congo. They don't know all the robbery of public funds, all the degradation. They don't know that any investment down there is like putting money in a black hole.

They only see some beaches, some typical italian restaurant with some funny Apicella singing O' Sole Mio, some typical Sicilian market, some show with the Sicilian "Pupi", and so on and so forth. They don't know they have a completely different culture and language from the North (2bh each region is pretty different)

So, they'll say that's not a shithole, because they don't know. For now, the South is surviving with this "facade" it can show to tourists. I literally know of Southerners who are tired of working 2 months/year, living the NEET life for the remaining 10

>la mia terra
La stai tradendo, la tua terra. Gli italiani non sono mai esistiti.

t. Ambrogio Brambilla

Ste merde che ci fanno prendere per il culo in maniera internazionale bisognerebbe spaccargli il culo che ne pensi?

You're so mad that your thread failed its purpose.

Già so dove vuoi andare a parare grazie a quelli come te che l' ITALIA ha perso credibilità e dignità ,brutto parassita statale o bottegaio gobbo

I'm not OP and I have no secret agenda.

You're just extremely butthurt.

Is it true that South Italians are much manlier, macho and with more masculine features (like black hair and swarthy skin) which makes all Italian women crazy for them and this is why North Italians hate the South?

Hello samefag, believe that a typical redditor will find these threads "comfy and redpilled" because they visit r/thedonald and so on
They don't know that butthurt italian baits are 10 times worse than Greece's, poorer than Mauritania's.

>Già so dove vuoi andare a parare
E dove voglio andare a parare?
>quelli come me
Cioè chi?
>brutto parassita statale o bottegaio gobbo
non sono nulla di tutto questo, riprova

>It's a fascisti vs leghisti episode

the only difference is basically the square kms you like

Northern Italians are more handsome I have to admit
t. Southerner

A stronzo non fare lo stronzo con me gobbo bottegaio

I'm the 36th IP in this thread. So, I'm not OP.
tbqh you're the only one extremely butthurt.

heh...el italiANO...

I did, it was fun, I loved Naples, people were very friendly and there was an interesting sight everywhere you looked, the city felt very alive.

Ciao Filippo.
Perché non torni a postare memi in /ita/?

It's not hard to change the IP, you can also post from mobile, but I don't care if you're OP or not, the fact that you invented a lot of bullshit proves that you're mad because OP's thread failed.

I've actually only ever visited Northern Italy

If that's supposed to be the good part, the south must really be going to the shitters.

Un ' immagine vale più di mille thread

Aronne t'ho beccato a fare il tuo sporco lavoro zizzanioso internazionale

Filippo basta

Adesso fai finta di essere checca bravoooooo

any city in the north is unironically better than most of copenhagen

That's not true and you know it Giuseppe

>been proven wrong
>b-but you may be c-cheating
Believe whatever pleases you most, nigger.
>invented a lot of bullshits
You're very lousy and all butthurt, yet you have not pointed out which are these "invented bullshits" I've allegedly posted.
The South has more beautiful spots - if you don't like the Alps. The Northeners usually don't pretend to have nice beaches you know. The issues at hand are sociological and economical.

I found copenhagen dirty and crowded. That's not my definition of good city.

>their capital is so shit and uncultured that they put non-native architecture in wiki collages

kek.

Are you implying cities like Milan, Venice, Bologna and Turin aren't the same? Nigga pls

The simple fact that Copenhagen isn't filled with dirty Italians makes it 64% cleaner than any city in northern Italy.

- The tourists traps (no such a thing)
- The comparison to Greece and Mauritania (see )
- The trash emergency (only in Naples used to be a serious problem and it was fixed 5 years ago)
- The HDI shit (there's a bigger divide in USA)
- The culture thing is not wrong but inaccurate, the cultural groups are not "North" and "South", there are more.
- Unemployment is a big problem indeed but you're exaggerating it, I don't doubt those people you talked about are real but not everyone is in their situation