I want to learn C++ but I'm having trouble breaking away from C#. tips for learning C++?

I want to learn C++ but I'm having trouble breaking away from C#. tips for learning C++?

Why would you want to learn c++? You're better off sticking with c#

Don't learn this pajeet shit. Better learn Clojure or Rust.

>that image is four years old now

learn c first

>mfw Swift is still unusable on Linux or I'd be using that.

I just want to go back to making programs quickly in linux like I did in Windows.

>tips for learning C++
1. Read some basic tutorial (like learncpp.com) to get some basic understating
2. Grind "Effective C++"
By grinding, i mean "keep rereading/googling every item until you understand it completely, after that go to the next item and repeat"
3. Grind "Effective Modern C++"

It would be painful, but it's the fastest way.

And I still like it.

What do you want to make in it/why do you want to learn c++? Find one or a few projects to make in that direction and you'll learn from there on out :)

For you.

if you are going to stick to such satanist practices, at least stay barely useful and learn java... that C# is crap

>tfw Ada is superior to them all

>C++
>167cm, 46kg (101lbs)
>Java
>168cm, 54kg (118lbs)
The japs know the bloat.

>PHP
>155cm, 68kg (150lbs)

B L O A T

Python is interpreted lang too, but it has lightweight stats. You think about that image too much.

If you are on Windows and using VisualStudio, start with managed C++. Should be easier to learn than regular C++.

Some people say to learn C first, others say that both languages are different and that learning C first would just create bad habits.
So should I learn C before C++? I just want to program C++ effectively, not to know the inner workings of my compiler or anything.

Just write a C++ compiler in C# and you will be good to go

There are tons of resources out there.

I agree it may be to your benefit to get C down first.

fbfounder.Native

I know when I picked it up, I found myself wanting to go back and learn C.

fbfounder.Native

Learn C so that you can understand what your abstractions are really doing, don't learn C so you can write like C in C++.

>write like C in C++.
What do they do differently that requires a different way of structuring programs?
Aside from OOP obviously

Use RAII and avoid new/delete/malloc/free. Prefer container classes like std::string and std::vector over raw arrays. Use templates rather than void*. Try to avoid macros.

Start hating yourself.

But snek lang is cute!

>try to avoid macros
THIS. You have no idea how much trouble they can cause

#define class struct
#define protected public
#define private public
where is your god now?

Name 1 way java is better than c# (other than "more libraries")

Ill start
>.net framework
>dynamic variables
>choose bit and sign of variables
>generics

Java is c# but without the lower level functionality, a perfect language for pajeets.

>>dynamic variables
this is a bad thing, should have said structs instead

>beautiful and cleanly designed language
C# is a lot of things (including a better Java) but it isn't that.