I was really hoping to get a GPU that would last me a solid 4-5 years at 1440p res...

I was really hoping to get a GPU that would last me a solid 4-5 years at 1440p res, and I thought vega would be the one to do it. Guess not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LC_sx6A5Wko?t=4m34s
bigfishgames.com/blog/2017-video-game-trends-and-statistics-whos-playing-what-and-why/
statista.com/statistics/276768/global-unit-sales-of-video-game-consoles/
change.org/p/microsoft-stop-pressuring-game-developers-into-downgrading-their-games-on-the-pc
change.org/p/ubisoft-stop-downgrading-the-games-for-pc
change.org/p/ubisoft-pc-gamers-take-a-stand-and-boycott-ubisoft-no-more-lazy-pc-ports
guru3d.com/index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=31635&admin=0a8fcaad6b03da6a6895d1ada2e171002a287bc1
guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-1080-ti-review,14.html
xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one-x
anandtech.com/show/11680/radeon-rx-vega-unveiled-amd-announecs-499-rx-vega-64-399-rx-vega-56-launching-in-august/3
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824022484
anandtech.com/show/11680/radeon-rx-vega-unveiled-amd-announecs-499-rx-vega-64-399-rx-vega-56-launching-in-august/2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait for real benchmarks.

Why, so he can be absolutely positive that Vega's not the one to do it?

realistically speaking we don't know what will happen in 4 to 5 years IMO

the requirement would be on 8k and 16k monitors no Sup Forums user has that kind of money to waste on that kind of set up.

My 290x already does that

because we know certain features were disabled on vega fe

Is that the new cry of the MAD? "Muh features"? When are you going to go back to chanting "Wait for *"?

So we know 100% how it performs without relying on rumours.
Volta should be announced by then anyway. Buying an old GPU just before new ones launch is stupid.

provide us with benchmarks of rx vega since you already concluded about their perfomance

what you say? you dont have any? oh thats a shame user

amd's own benchmarks show vega performing slightly better than 1080 on DOOM, and 30% better than fury x on BF1. we already know it is going to be slightly better than 1080 but worse than 1080ti. my only concern is power, as i cba to buy a new PSU. i will either get a vega and undervolt it, or get a vega nano.

Faggots like you are the worst. You piss and moan when Nvidia gimps their products, but think it's perfectly fine when AMD do it.

Not at 144Hz Ultra settings it doesn't. The 290x is a nuclear powered leaf blower. Nobody wants that.

>nvidia
release cards gimped and unlocks its full potential only when threaten >amd
showcase a yet to release card saying that certain features will be enabled once lauched cause the drivers arent ready yet

yeah i can see its literally the same thing

>intel slide: the post

60-90 ultra is good enough for a 5 year old card

>yet to release card
So Vega FE is yet to be released?

This is the problem with AMDrones, you keep moving the goal posts to suit your story.

is vega fe a gaming card? shit who would have knew?

NVidia is a terrible company who I refuse to support and if AMD provides at least an acceptable substitute I will go with them.

>moving the goal posts again
FE is the same as RX. Same silicon. Same chipset. Same PCB. Same configuration. Even the benchmarks AMD have shown of the RX match those of the FE.

you seem a little butthurt

>has nothing relevant to say so resorts to an ad hominem
Every time you reply, you prove to everyone how dumb you really are. This is why nobody takes you AMDrones seriously.

peeved, pajeet?

Fresh out of the AMD Vega Oven:

>nvidia
Release gimped cards because they have zero competition in the market and can get away with it

>AMD
Release terrible performing products with unfinished drivers that will barely increase performance and essentially have their rabid fanboys pay $1000 for a beta test.

FTFY

NOOOOOOOOOOO

That's worse than the 1080

so does titanxp with p6000 your point being? are we going to assume that the prof drivers are tailored for gaming? if p6000 is so perfect for gaming why there is only 2 games showing that?
oh wait .....

Actually the P6000 is better than the gaming GP102 cards in gaming.

actually there is literally no proof only 2 games being benchmarked on it
so no
with that mentality firepros are better than regular cards also

>with that mentality firepros are better than regular cards also
Historically they have been the same or better. How do you dumbfuck 14 year olds even find your way to this board?

>hurdur FE isn't a gaming card of course it will perform worse than gaming card
Never in the history of the planet has a Firepro or Quadro card performed considerably worse than its consumer counterpart in gaming performance.

Teenagers who don't know a thing about GPUs and just hype shit because they watch LTT and the like on YouTube need to shut the fuck up.

did you just posted 3dmark as a proof of enterprise cards being able to play games?

like FOR REAL?

Are you saying the FE has better 3DMARK performance than RX Vega?

Jesus, RX Vega really is DOA.

youtu.be/LC_sx6A5Wko?t=4m34s
>I don't know where this while myth comes from, that quadro cards are meant for specific workloads and are not meant to game.
>No, a gpu is a gpu, it just means that quadro cards are ALSO made for other things

As someone with a Fury X; and what about games like Fallout 4?
Oh sure, I can get 100+ fps when I unlock the limiter, but go to Swans Pond while forgetting to force godrays off? ...no chance.

>trusts a company's own benchmarks

Just get a 1080 Ti and stop making threads about products not catering to your needs.

inb4 Vega does last 4-5 years at 1440p while the 1080ti reduces to half the performance of Vega.

if the fp16 on games really explodes then it wont matter pascal 1.0 and 2.0 is literally shit at it nvidia intetionally crippled their perf 1070/80/80ti on fp16 to get a better power draw
i wonder what their excuse will be when they finally had to release the full cuda power on those cards and the tdp skyrockets to infinity

They won't bother and will just use it as an excuse to sell newer cards rather than fixing the older ones. As usual.

volta announcement august 14th?

>if the fp16 on games really explodes
AMDummies said the same thing about GCN 6 years, and guess what? The only thing to really reap the benefits is mining. Doom is often confused as taking advantage of GCN, but that's wrong. The huge improvement seen in AMD cards is because Tile Based Rasterization is performed at the software level, something AMD cards never had.

Game developers aren't going to cater to the 10% of gaymers that have AMD cards.

Look, another dedicated shitposting thread.
BR monkey kill yourself

Vega runs at 80degrees on air

She's dead Jim.

Gonna get a volta when it comes out

oh yeah unifying their console and pc market
making the same tools available to devs on both ecosystems
providing the devs tools that make their life easy than to hand over their game to nvidia and let them adapt their shit to the game..
also literally taking 3 out of 5 biggest game companies on their side to develop their popular games under its belt

yeah i guess the devs arent bothered at all
Sup Forums always knows better

>The only thing to really reap the benefits is mining.
you realize 70% of gaming market runs on GCN
also already wolfenstein and farcry 5 will run fp16

>you realize 70% of gaming market runs on GCN
>source: my ass

You couldn't be more wrong
>bigfishgames.com/blog/2017-video-game-trends-and-statistics-whos-playing-what-and-why/
>Devices the most frequent gamers are playing on:
>PC: 56%, dedicated game console: 53%, smartphone: 36%, wireless device: 31%, dedicated handheld system: 17%
And of those 53% playing on dedicated consoles, approximately 70% of those are playing on older consoles
>statista.com/statistics/276768/global-unit-sales-of-video-game-consoles/

So yeah, great, AMD is teaming up with developers to help them develop gaymes on weak, under-powered consoles. That means we're going to see more rubbish console ports where PC performance has been gimped so console owners don't feel bad for owning inadequate hardware. It's not like anyone's mad about it, or creating petitions, or, Oh, wait...
>change.org/p/microsoft-stop-pressuring-game-developers-into-downgrading-their-games-on-the-pc
>change.org/p/ubisoft-stop-downgrading-the-games-for-pc
>change.org/p/ubisoft-pc-gamers-take-a-stand-and-boycott-ubisoft-no-more-lazy-pc-ports

But you're right. Let's have AMD, the perpetual runner-up in the GPU segment, the first loser in every race, influence the gayming industry to create games less than what they should be. And the whole FP16 thing? Awesome. So what happens to all the consoles that don't have FP16 support? Not even PS4 will be able to run SJWolfenstein or Far Cry 5 with it.

>295W
>345W

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

Suuuuuure.

GCN has been around for 6 years. It's not unfair to assume that there would be at least 1 game released per quarter that takes full advantage of GCN. So 6 years would make that 24 titles.

Name 24 titles that have been proven to greatly benefit from GCN and ultimately leave Nvidia cards in the gutter. Doom doesn't count as per

>"""""""High end""""""" gaming on a 6Tflop console
6Tflop console with GCN, meaning it's going to have the relative gaming performance of a 4.2Tflop card.

CAN'T.
FUCKING.
WAIT.

>Tile Based Rasterization is performed at the software level

So what you are saying is, Game engine does Tile Based Rasterization and then AMD GPU does the Basic Rasterization.
How exactly does this benefit AMD cards?

1440p is shit I want true 4k 60hz+ lock or bust and the Vega can't do it

AMD cards (prior to Vega) never did TBR, so extra unnecessary work was put on the CU's. That's one of the reasons why efficiency and power consumption has been so shit with GCN based cards. The RX480 was a step in the right direction with the primitive discard engine, but again, GCN held it back.

Then doom comes along with TBR at the software level, and suddenly AMD cards aren't slugged for performance, but they still can't compete flop-for-flop against the nvidia equivalent. Vulkan improves the software level TBR by allowing it to occur through multiple render paths, and even Nvidia gains from this despite not having any sort of GCN.

Honestly, if they did a revised version of the RX480/580 with hardware level TBR, GDDR5X, and completely did away with GCN, it would be an amazing performer. Instead, AMD is trying to force a cube through a circular hole, and treating the gpu like a swiss army knife that does everything. If it wasn't for mining, AMD's discrete gpu division probably would have stopped making consumer gpu's.

muh video games :(

This is 7/10 shitposting.

it ain't shitposting if it's true

It is shitposting and it's hilarious.

>Wait™

Fucking pajeets man, I swear you all need to be gassed.

RX VEGA is DOA

guru3d.com/index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=31635&admin=0a8fcaad6b03da6a6895d1ada2e171002a287bc1

>Then doom comes along with TBR
That doesn't negate the hardware rasterization, what you did now is introduce two rasterization, for some reason on software level, even when software doesn't actually rasterize.

uh oh.....

this has to be the worst "i pull numbers out of my ass" thing i ever see on Sup Forums

>Some monster sized 3rd party card
Use reference cards plz.

guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-1080-ti-review,14.html

>xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one-x
>A 6 Teraflop GPU enables 4K environments and characters to become more realistic than ever, with more detail and smoother animations.
>6 TERAFLOP
The new Playstation won't be much different, as it will use the same APU.

RX480 is a 5.8Tflop gpu that performs worse than a 3.8Tflop GTX1060. If anything, saying a 6Tflop console will perform like a 4.2Tflop is pretty generous, and will in all reality be worse.

>anandtech.com/show/11680/radeon-rx-vega-unveiled-amd-announecs-499-rx-vega-64-399-rx-vega-56-launching-in-august/3

>Speaking of Fiji, there’s been some question over whether the already shipping Vega FE cards had AMD’s Draw Steam Binning Rasterizer enabled, which is one of the Vega architecture’s new features. The short answer is that no, the DSBR is not enabled in Vega FE’s current drivers. Whereas we have been told to expect it with the RX Vega launch. AMD is being careful not to make too many promises here – the performance and power impact of the DSBR vary wildly with the software used – but it means that the RX Vega will have a bit more going on than the Vega FE at launch.

And yet RX Vega still benchmarked the same results as the FE.

When will AIB Vega 56 release? Looking forward to the AMD exclusive partner offerings from both Sapphire and XFX.

Nice shitposting! I'm sure Maxwell would have performed astoundingly well compared to Keplar with TBR disabled, right?

>Let's release a Titan Xp with gimped hardware
>Lets release a 1080ti which will be faster for cheaper
>Let's release another Titan Xpp without the gimped hardware so people will still be fooled into buying it
>Oh, one last thing lets, ungimp the Titan X's software since Vega FE is offering competition
And this is why you can't trust Nvidia with a monopoly and need a strong AMD to push them.

Show me the benchmarks please?
Probs early September for XFX and late September for Sapphire (these fucks are always late).

Why is Sapphire always late?

Perfection takes time.

>And yet RX Vega still benchmarked the same results as the FE.
Gee, I wonder what the logical inference of that is? Is it A) DSBR doesn't exist and doesn't do anything and AMD made up its existence or B) It's not turned on in RX Vega's drivers yet?

Hint: How would Maxwell perform compared to Kepler with TBR disabled?

Like hourse goo.
Everything Maxlel has less ALU that competitive Kekler offerings.

The bundle deal comes with a 144hz 1440p monitor. Of course it can push that easy. You are just falling for green team lies.

>we already know it is going to be slightly better than 1080
No we don't, in fact it's looking like it might perform slightly worse with almost double the power draw.

>over 45MB of SRAM
What the fuck RTG.
It's Intel-tier SRAM boner.

Yeah, vega can push even 4k at over 30hz. Not sure what you all are bitching at.

Amd has 3 months to offload their vega cards before volta comes out and out shines them.

Can biggur dies beat that?

>1440p
Why do people care about this cuck resolution?

Use 1080p if you are a poor and 4k if you are not a pleb.

but they're currently outshined by the 1080. who will they off load them to? AMD fanboys? I know there are plenty here, maybe if you guys buy a dozen or so each.

>comparing this to aircooled reference Vega

Ok, next we can compare watercooled Vega to a stock 1080 reference.

How the hell does a 10 month old mid range card btfo of a brand new flagship model?

>3 months
Try 7-9.
>they're currently outshined by the 1080
It looks to be dead even with the 1080 in most and ahead in some games.
>mid range card
1080 is not mid-range you retard. And it didn't get BTFO.

Because 1440p at 144hz is that patrician resolution for gaming right now. You can't push frames at 4k no matter what you do, 1440p is a nice in-between.

It doesn't come with a monitor, it comes with a $200 discount on a 100Hz 1440p ultrawide monitor, a monitor which retails for almost USD$1k, and that monitor has screen flicker problems when using one of the two available freesync modes. So it seems like Samsung is trying to offload dodgy stock onto prospective Vega buyers.
>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824022484

>anandtech.com/show/11680/radeon-rx-vega-unveiled-amd-announecs-499-rx-vega-64-399-rx-vega-56-launching-in-august/2
>Bundle Contents
>AMD Radeon RX Vega Card
>2 Bundled Games (For US: Wolfenstein II and Prey)
>$200 Discount: Samsung CF791 34-inch Widescreen Freesync Monitor
>$100 Discount: Ryzen 7 + Motherboard Combo

Easy since they almost match the 1080. That means bigger die is all it takes to do 10-20% better then biggest vega, and navi is 11 months away.

>not 1440p 165hz

pleb tier

Hahahahaha
No I mean can jacketman make a Quadro suitable to work with large datasets?

Amd specifically designed vega for multi gpu setups. That is why they claim to support 4k.

No, they didn't.
In fact they are burying crossfire.

Ti is top of the line
1080 is mid range.
1070 low
1060 budget/broke ass

I don't see how else you could interpreted the line up.

>who will they off load them to? AMD fanboys?
Basically. That's why they're offering them as bundles, you're essentially paying for Freesync with the power draw of the card. Otherwise, other than brand loyalty there's absolutely no reason why you wouldn't just get a 1070 or 1080.

Honestly though, brand loyalty might sell more cards than normal because I'm sure people are hoping AMD would come back swinging like they did with Ryzen and they just didn't. Vega is a disappointing upgrade from Fiji. Only real way to rationalize purchasing Vega is to convince yourself you're helping AMD not bend over and give the market to Nvidia.

>actually considering the limited 64 edition
>realize it will have terrible cooling and will need custom water loop to deal with nearly 400watt draw

WHY COULDNT YOU MAKE A POWER SIPPER LIKE THE RYZEN REEEEE

You realize very few people need a card stronger than a 1060 right? At 1080p 60hz, what most people use, you don't need more than that. The 1070s and 1080s are for people who have the high refresh rate and resolution monitors who need stronger equipment to push frames. The only games that the 1060 can't manage 1080p 60 fps in are select modern AAA titles and that's only at ultra. Lowering to high the 1060 can play anything.

Since when?

Yeah, Good you didn't get your hopes up OP.
The vega is going to be complete shit.