I threw away all my unused cables before by mistake

I threw away all my unused cables before by mistake.
I do have some cables from other PSU around, however they don't fit to pic related because fuck standard.
My solution is take out the plug from cables and plug directly to the hole.
How can I knew the voltage of each pin in pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock.net/t/975539/official-seasonic-x-series-owners-club/1720
ebay.com/itm/Single-Seasonic-power-supply-modular-cable-/322576233677
reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6igmaw/_/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its the "SATA" one in pic-related

up-side-down i should mention if you couldn't tell from the chamfered corners

Thanks you, I spent 2 hours google this issue and got answer on Sup Forums in 5 minutes.

also here:
overclock.net/t/975539/official-seasonic-x-series-owners-club/1720

Don't forget to live stream the first run after repair!

I needed one of those cables for my X650 and bought it single on eBay for nine bucks. Was expensive for what it was but it taught me a valuable lesson to save those damn cables. It sucks when you need one and don't have it.

This is the guy I bought it from:
>ebay.com/itm/Single-Seasonic-power-supply-modular-cable-/322576233677

Be sure to tell all of your friends! We are a growing community of helpers and love to help with all manner of questions and tech support.

The people below are also google experts so even if you question is not related to technology feel free to hit them up.

>i found a used cheap modular psu on ebay
>but it doesnt have the connectors
>my lack of research ability and tiny sap brain has forced me to ask on Sup Forums
nice try OP

>How can I knew the voltage of each pin in pic related?

If you need to ask about this on the internet you should stop whatever it is you're planning on doing.

You spent two hours instead of just googling "psu pinout"? This is either extreme bait or you're extremely retarded.

Pinout isn't really a term everybody knows. I can imagine it being difficult without that term.

>community
???

Or you could just stick a multimeter in the connector to check. Since all you need to do is tell +12v from +5v from ground any $5 chink-shit one will do the job.

OP here
I plan to borrowing that but then I need to wait till next day.

Here is my result, the system boot perfectly at first try.

>not keeping every box and contents of stuff you buy

impressed.jpg

youre gonna burn down your house if you use cables that didn't come with the psu

Ok, blog time.

Pull out these fucker is harder than I though, luckily I found paperclip trick on youtube.
What those header called anyway?

mini-fit jr

>youre gonna burn down your house if you use cables that didn't come with the psu

Well, essentially it just string of copper, as long as I stick right right pin it should be fine. I think.

Half of header length did not come in the psu, so i need to isolate them by nonconductive tape even though they not really touch each other (their distance is pretty small, just 1mm-2mm).

Id be wary
reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6igmaw/_/
>Inb4 leddi

Still, like he said, as long as you stick to the right pin you're fine. That dude just used other off-the shelf wires, which were wired differently.

Those individual wires are very loose. If you so much as tug on one cable they'll come out.

If you pull out both grounds you'll have 7V across 5V and 12V, and ground will float to 9.5V and you'll fry your harddrives.

You really want to put them into a minifit 6-pin connector in the proper arrangement so that the hooks will keep the connector completely plugged in.

You posted this before, how long have you been working on this fucking issue? its been like 2 weeks son

Holy fuck this has housefire written all over it.