First job

>first job
>java
I DON'T WANT TO BE A CODE MONKEY

be neet

The worst part is that after that you will only be good for JAVA job. No way out.

Are programming jobs a meme? Almost everyone here at Sup Forums says they hate their job
Should I bother with this? Should I get into something else?

Become a research scientist, then you can truly experience suicidal depression

Tell us more please

pick a language you like
and find an open source project that uses it
find issues you can fix, submit pull requests, and build up credibility
this will help you get a good job

No one wants to be a Java pajeet or a Microsoft worshipper.

eclipse fonts are so ugly

do tell us your story

>be a manager
>first project
>C++
I DON'T WANT TO BE FIRED ON MY FIRST PROJECT BECAUSE SEPPLES WOULD MADE ME LOSE SO MUCH MONEY

How do I escape the Java trap?

The secret is to actually be a good coder so your employer promotes you to a management position to make sure you'll never code ever again.

Wew.

My manager had somehow a "dev" position, but he's neither tech-savvy nor good at management.

Good devs tend to keep technical positions, not managerial ones, except if they're themselves fed up of coding or want more monnies.

(captcha: ONLY CARRER)

be entrepreneur. if you can't is either neet or code monkey life.
If you have some good skills your might climb the ladder.

at least it isn't a monkey webdev lang like PHP

The secret is to actually be a good sheepherder so your employer promotes you to a management position to make sure you'll never code ever again

I hate Java as much as the next guy, especially if you also have to deal with producers and dependency injection, but the tooling for Java is at least great. Have them buy you IntelliJ.

>gets into tech
>doesn't want to make technology
what? did you think they were hiring you for your ideas?

I feel you. I'm mainly doing Java Spring backends with AngularJS frontends. That's literally every project.

Imagine if you started your first job at retail as
say, the cashier, and the manager just placed
you in front of some fat lady with three carts worth of groceries.
Starting out a job with java is sort of like that.

At least in retail grocery you can transfer to another department when a job opens and its usually union.

>first job
>sql, c# and c++
very peculiar very unusual

The secret is to take maths and algorithms courses and come out on top. The more math you'll learn both officially on in your spare time, the better programmer you'll be, and the more critical and important and thus engaging and fun projects you'll get to work on.

>and its usually union

lol no

In my state most major grocery chains are teamsters for checkers.

>no first job

I would kill myself faster using sql and c# than just as a lone java dev

That's fair I guess. Where I am in Canada they're mostly just teenagers and really old people who are only given 30 hours or less a week so they don't get full time employee benefits. They're also almost exclusively paid at or near minimum wage

Although desu, I have a union job right now, and although there are lots of benefits, there's lots of bullshit too. I dont really know if the $150~ I pay every month in union dues is actually worth it. The mandatory raises every year are nice I guess, but that also means its less likely for you to get a raise on performance, and lots of shitters get dragged along and raised up and make as much money as people who are actually good. It just seems like an incentive to be consistently mediocre at your job

Yeah..

You probably get other benefits though, like using your seniority to take better positions when they open up, pension, I would say healthcare but you probably don't seeing as how Canada has nationalized healthcare.

I worked at 2 seperate grocery stores in my life. I wanted to fucking shoot myself every day.

Fuck working at grocery stores.

>Try to hire black people
>7/10 fail drug test
>2 don't show up
>1 quits after first paycheck
wew grocery stores

Before I started going to college I worked at a machine which inserts those ad magazines no one reads into newspapers. Anywhere from 8-11 hours a day.
This is where you start questioning your own existence.

>Stuck in fast food and retail hell for four years
>Between bills and putting myself through school out of pocket, barely keeping myself afloat
>Write code constantly in my spare time
>Finally landed my first job as a meme monkey
>Don't even have my associate's degree yet
>Friends with four-year degrees are still waitresses/answering phones/cashiering

Life's good, appreciate what you've got.

>I suffer on the first world with a deskjob

lmao. I hope you got out of that fast

pretty accurate
But the fat lady also brought 35 coupons, most of which can't be read by the scanner so you have to type them all in by hand only to figure out 70% of them have expired.
And 50 different fruit and vegetable, half of which you've never seen before in your life, and it's one of those cashier jobs where you need to know all the god damn produce by heart to type in the numbers (no pics on the list!) to weigh them out

>first job
>full stack JS
consider yourself lucky

This is the life you chose.

Remember to POO IN LOO

java is piss easy to write in if you already know another C-like.
Why would you complain?
All the jobs are java.

as a glorified code monkey, I can tell you that your statement is bullshit.

as long as you're not a dismissive forever-neet "muh k&r" fag, you have the chance to learn true ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT which is easily transferable to other high-level* projects

high level as in business logic abstraction, not some fancy pointer arithmetic trickery or the like

also bullshit. you only need to know maths if that's the kind of programming problem you're interested in and want to go for. and most of the math-related problems are mostly academic in nature, not necessarily what you get employed to do in a business company

if you enjoy writing productive applications, all you need to know is how different applications work, how standard data formats look like, and have a bit of logical thinking. rest is experience you get hands-on from the job

You know why it's hard to find jobs using good programming languages? Because good programming languages don't allow retarded pajeets to shit out broken code at a steady pace. Most businesses intend to throw a bunch of cheap, obedient subhumans at their codebases after they fire all of the white men to cut costs. Just know that every good design decision you make will be undone by some street shitter.

Tbh engineer is on the long run better.

Dunno if i heared it on Sup Forums or somewhere else but as monkey you can not say ,i work 20 year with Java ,because every year there is a new meme language.

As engineer you have changes as well but you can focus on 1 area.

Summarized as programmer u can 3-5 languages good but no perfect.

pajeet pls

German engineering
Indian programming
:thinking: