JUST in: Nvidia loading lower graphics settings when in motion

JUST in: Nvidia probably fucking its customers by loading lower level quality tesselation and other tweaks when graphics in motion (more gaming fps on 1070/10x0). More tests needed! Test it! Test it!
>pick a game
>load high/ultra graphics
>run in said game
>check what surroundings look like (ground especially)
>stop
>check again

More in moon language: bbs.io-tech.fi/threads/amd-vs-nvidia-kuvanlaatuvertailua.42779/

Leather jacket man y u do dis?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FVb25eomcrI
youtube.com/watch?v=aIbSeMcsOqA
tomshardware.com/forum/75602-33-nvidia-caught-cheating-3dmark-2001se
gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3004-rx-vega-64-and-vega-56-power-specs-price
youtube.com/watch?v=8WUM5F69klo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DELET THIS

This was a known issue for Prey aswell. Nvidia cards didn't render shadows correctly or at all in some cases and therefore looked better in benchmarks

>miksi posti ei kulje
Google translate has no chance against this moonspeak

>Muokataas tätä aloitusta, kun tämä siirrettiin toisesta ketjusta tähän.
Fucking mongols and their retarded language.

>AMD pajeets spreading FUD to distract from the fact Vega is a flop

lmao

THIS JUST IN: Nvidia has been confirmed to not render parts of your game that are not in line of sight.

This means more gaming fps on nvidia cards! This is unacceptable, more tests needed.

Painu vittuun täälta

vittu perkele

There was some youtuber who also discovered this in DOOM where the wall textures were more blurry on nvidia.

>AMD fake news to cover how shit Vega turned out to be.
pajeets, pajeets never change

perkele tengri maami sauna

>trusting nvidia after that crysis.exe fiasco

haista vittu kusipaeae

The texture weren't blurry, they loaded slowly on the GTX 970 than in other cards. Guess why :^)

J O N N E

>runs fine on 2gb vram
>m-must be the 3.5 h-hehe

But they are in LoS. It's amazing technology that they won't render the shit outside of it.

Wait, I'm confused. I thought this was the point of tesselation? Only show increased detail when you'll notice it.

This is called "optimizing" and it's happening since day one of video gaming.

>JUST in: Nvidia probably fucking its customers by NOT loading games they currently weren't playing! More tests needed! Test it! Test it!

If one buys 1080/ti one would suppose it doesn't tweak the graphics to worse settings.

RX Vega atm is a flop in vidya. They should've just made it a pro card.

It's as much of an optimisation as playing on half your monitor's resolution.

>he thinks this is news

I mean it pretty much is just a pro card, even the gaming version has tons of pro features.

But it's not outside of the fucking los. What is the point of buying the best cards when you can't play with the settings you chose?

If this amd, we would get dozen thread laughing at it

More like rendering half your monitor's resolution only at the times you are able to perceive just half your monitor's resolution.

It's cutting corners were it can get away with it. This is literally what optimizing is about.

JUST in: Nvidia probably fucking its customers by using inaccurate floating point values instead of integers (more gaming fps on 1070/10x0). More tests needed! Test it! Test it!

No. Both gpu companies had issues in prey which was eventually fixed by a game patch. Get your facts straight before you post.

Yeah... That's called a feature and it's a good thing but you wouldn't know or you'd have a way better job than getting paid for posting shit-tier shill threads on Sup Forums.

So that's how the 1080Ti gets more FPS than Vega

Optimisation would be to use more GPU processing power to render the same scene. Cutting corners is what lazy early access game devs do.

That was Tech YES City.
youtube.com/watch?v=FVb25eomcrI

Bro just wait!

saatana perkele muchelainen vittu

The fucking feature you are talking about is great as it works outside of los. This is inside of los.

B-b-but muh vidya settings.

youtube.com/watch?v=aIbSeMcsOqA

This shit happen all time with Nvidia

Why are there so many Brazilians in this thread

Dumb uncultured swine

Like mp3 removes stuff you can actually hear? Big deal. Don't act like lossy optimization is just invented by NVidia just now.

Game engines remove stuff that don't matter that much all the time. Rounding, approximation, etc. GPU's do it. Even monitors do this.

>crysis.exe fiasco
Weebtard, it was crysis 2.

No one cares shit skin you are all shit skins,and distinguishing one shit from another shit is a wast of valuable resources, into the oven with you

>All the damage control ITT

Face it, NVidya is known to play dirty and fuck with shit like this in their drivers. This isn't even anything new.

>calls the whitest ethnicity on earth shitskins
hmm... americans...

>Nintendo paychecks
Not anymore

The way it's meant to be gimped!

But it can be seen as it is like additional motion blur. I'm all for optimization but you gotta be straight with this shit.

Low standards poorfags pls go

Holy FUCK!

Mark my words, next thing they do is using tables for trigonometric functions, texture compression, accepting rounding errors.

I am literally in tears now. My whole live is a lie.

You think you're funny but you have no idea what you are talking about, friendo.

You've no authority on this topic. Go back to your 120kbps youtube rip mp3s, poorfag.

>Asians
>white

Nice try you taglog mother fucker

I agree that this should be a setting.

Finally sensible comment among all the retards.

"Please log in via google, facebook, nvidia account to auto-update drivers!"

No joke this is exactly why I went to an RX 470.

Ei make

Voi Vittun sataana perkele x-d-d-d-d

How to you live with the 16-bit approximation of true analog sound, faggot. Are you calling out all sound equipment manufacturers for fraud as well?

Most are frauds, yes. 24bit 48K is objectively the best solution for digital playback.

This has been happening since at least 2003.
tomshardware.com/forum/75602-33-nvidia-caught-cheating-3dmark-2001se

It's been known forever.
Doesn't make AMD's current product launch any better though you fucking shill faggot.

>a forum

#amdteamred and r/amd are deseperate...

>implying posts a forum invalidates this somehow

#leatherjacketman and /r/novidya are desperate ..

My point is that even 24 bits is cutting corners. Sampling results in data loss. This is not a problem because normally the discrepancy isn't perceived or maybe only just.

Now another optimizing strategy is explored and suddenly everyone loses their minds.

It's like using Xing as an MP3 encoder!
>Babbies won't remember that though

Yet most optimisation in games is indeed noticeable. The only valid optimisation is for the devs to use the lowest level API possible and write better algorithms.

Isn't this a gaming experience feature or something. It lowers resolution when you don't need it or when for below a certain point

It still make amd shitty

>But muh Vega render everything culling is a cheat
If they are doing so it's very dumb, poojet tie, like Secret features on die that don't work.

They are, Bega is great for compute but absolutely shit for games and the market now knows it.
They're shilling as hard as they can to try and stop that market completely evaporating.

Under 1080 performance for 1080 RRP prices (1080 can be found for ~450 often though) with almost double the 1080 power draw.
Not to mention Vega64 can't really OC higher 1750mhz and uses 444watts doing so, where a 1080 can hit over 2ghz without breaking 220w...

Vega is garbage for games, AMD's entire current stack is garbage for games.

Novidya by name. Novidya by nature.

>games
So no serious losses?

>like Secret features on die that don't work.
This was confirmed true.

gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3004-rx-vega-64-and-vega-56-power-specs-price
>Vega is garbage for games, AMD's entire current stack is garbage for games.
That is just fanboy ejaculating and you know it.

Considering it was a good 40% of the market, yes there is.
>bbut I don't like videogames!
That's nice?

If it is a feature you can turn off/on, it's not worth it at all because it's obviously apparent when the detail pops in.

>vega is doa
>NVIDIA CHEAT !!!!

amdrones are so funny

more like
>amd raj is money laundering by throwing vega parties
>nvidia caught agian cheating

Both is true, you point ?

Nigvidia have been known to do this in the past. I am not surprised.

Yeah, Vega is pretty shitty in games compared to 1080 upwards. Now what do you think about this Nvidia shit?

Prof? Picture? Video?

Link to actual video youtube.com/watch?v=8WUM5F69klo

You can see the ground texture pop-in and become detailed when the player stops moving.

The 'secret features' aren't really a secret, they're broken fundamentally in hardware - it won't be until a Vega refresh that they'll work at all.

>That is just fanboy ejaculating and you know it.
Mate, I think you're the one being a fanboy here, every post you're bending over backwards to find a new way to say Vega isn't all that bad.
Face it mate, they fucked up, big time.

The biggest fuck up though is the pricing, sure things can wrong during design/tapeout/fab - but pricing the product so high when it's clearly inferior to competing products outside of professional workloads (which aren't what gaming cards are typically sold for..) isn't going to go so well for them.
Polaris had value because it brought Hawaii performance to the

You do understand that almost everything in game development is about optimizations and approximations? The whole triangle based rendering is one big optimization/approximation as are all the shading models. The same goes for essentially everything you see in the game.

If it's noticeable, it's not an optimization, it's just a hack. In this case it's very noticeable.

Not that surprising considering both manufacturers release special drivers for new and popular games to get better performance. I think it's more of a rule than an exception that there has to be some sort of compromise going on between fps and 'correctness' of image.
When comparing performance between vendors it should be taken to account somehow but I think many people value high performance over absolute correctness.
Someone dig up the post from that nvidia driver developer or whatever who said that basically ever game is broken by default and that gpu vendors end up fixing them with special drivers.

Yes, I do. That is why people use low grade geforce and radeon shit and not proper pro setups, and why I can easily push 100% CPU and GPU usage on rendering software unlike in most games.

This happen more then one in this year alone

>If it's noticeable, it's not an optimization, it's just a hack. In this case it's very noticeable.
Literally all the shadows in all the actual shipped titles I've played are noticeably bad. According to you, this means that all shadows in all games are "just a hack."

Try turning the setting up from "pixels splatted onto the floor low".

Screen reflection shadows are a hack, yes. Just as much as old games simulating mirrors via identical rooms.

I'm saying that the entire rendering pipeline according to that guy is a hack.

Nvidia have always done this, bought higher average fps with worse image quality. It's not anything new. This has been going on for over a decade.

It's why there should always be comparison screenshots along with the raw numbers when websites do benchmarks. Or just record the whole thing and put it on youtube.

>Screen reflection shadows
What is that? Explain pls

Considering we've yet to see ray tracing and photogrammetry only came out recently, yes there's a long way to go fir proper photorealism.

Shadows that are magically processed 2D sprites on the screen instead of projections

This is one shitty ass thing to review and compare.

Now that you mention it there used to be image comparisions in pc magazines like a decade ago in gpu reviews.

Thanks, I've actually imagined someyjing like that. But could you post some link to read regarding the exact algorithm?

Have none atm, just look it up.

I'm so glad for this AWESOME optimization! Now I can see doom at 144fps on max settings with my nvidia card. Unlike the stupid AMD which would only allow me to see it at 144fps on max settings.

GPUs should have different FPS and graphics modes. I mean it would annoying to tweak it every single game. But it's just dishonest to keep this a secret feature.